Ok so I got my Droid last night and went into the set up to set up my companies exchange email. Went through all the steps and thought I had it setup. The calendar synced almost immediately....which tells me that at least some of my setting are correct. I never did get the contact to sync nor did I get the email to start flowing. Anyone else had this problem? I am sure it is something simple, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks
    11-06-09 07:34 AM
    This was one of the concerns, how difficult setting up the email was. And so it begins.
    11-06-09 07:45 AM
    Just weird how the calendar syncs almost immediately when I add an event on the phone it sycs with Outlook immediately and vice versa. If I can figure out how to get the email and contacts to do the same thing it will be the real deal. I am sure it is a simple setting that I have wrong on the phone or maybe something I need to change on our server. I will figure it out and post my findings.
    11-06-09 07:48 AM
    So I guess nobody is using the exchange email option? I have been on the phone with VZW (who was very nice) as well as Motorola and no solution yet for setting up exchange email. The MOTO guy said he was escalating to level 3 support and they would return my call in 24-48 hours! LOL Told him that if it wasn't resolved in 2-3 hours that the phone would be returned!
    11-06-09 10:22 AM
    i was told the droid DOES NOT support Outlook Web Access.. so im really concerned seeing that my company gets their outlook email through a volusion server.
    11-06-09 10:31 AM
    Don't know about Outlook web access, but they DO advertise syncing with exchange servers. Nobody at Verizon nor Motorola can figure it out at this point.
    11-06-09 10:38 AM
    What about gmail?? I am guessing that is pretty simple as they are both google products?
    11-06-09 11:04 AM
    I tried to set up my two email accounts got the "sync failed" after waiting 30 mins for it to try (did this 3 times to triple check). my gmail account isn't even working well.... i can't figure out how to change the setting to pull every 5 minutes on it. there's no option. i hope someone figures this out soon.
    11-06-09 11:05 AM

j/k (couldn't resist)
    11-06-09 11:07 AM
    I know!!!!!! That's what I meant last night! I sent an email from my google account and it took 4 hours to "come out" of the Droid! I have no clue of what to do
    11-06-09 11:08 AM
    Wow, how many times did I post about this being a concern? I really hope you get your Exchange working soon, I know how tough it can be to go without your mail.

I'm looking forward to demoing a Droid tomorrow and checking out email functionality. To the rest of you who rely on email and jumped off the cliff, I hope there's quick resolution for you and that you'll share with the rest of us.
    11-06-09 11:08 AM
    i was told the droid DOES NOT support Outlook Web Access.. so im really concerned seeing that my company gets their outlook email through a volusion server.
    Is that true of just the Droid, or all Android handsets? I have a BB 8320 right now, planning to get the 9700. However, the MyTouch 3G is looking quite nice as well.

My work email is Outlook for the Web. It works perfectly with my Blackberry, will it work with Android? This is a huge concern for me.
    11-06-09 11:23 AM
    Maybe i'm doing the wrong thing then. I just want my two school emails (.edu) to work. That shouldn't be too hard should it? I tried multiple different ways, and still had no luck. My storm set them up VERY quickly, so im sure im just doing something wrong.
    11-06-09 11:24 AM
    My exchange email is working perfectly...I do have a question though.

Has anyone figured out how the heck to setup an email signature for an account other than gmail?
    11-06-09 01:30 PM
    Is that true of just the Droid, or all Android handsets? I have a BB 8320 right now, planning to get the 9700. However, the MyTouch 3G is looking quite nice as well.

My work email is Outlook for the Web. It works perfectly with my Blackberry, will it work with Android? This is a huge concern for me.
    Yes Outlook Web Access WORKS 100% on the Droid, I'm looking at it right now
    11-06-09 02:59 PM
    my company's email is through volusion.com.. my email is [email protected]

on my browser i can get to it by typing:

mail.gasworks.com
    mail.volusion.com
    webmail3.volusion.com
    webmail.volusion.com
    pop.emailsrvr.com

but i cannot get into it on my droid's browser or through the email application.

in the domain i have tried:

gasworks\npritchard
    volusion\npritchard
    gasworks\[email protected]
    volusion\[email protected]

WHAT am i doing wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated as i have asked this a million times but i keep getting overlooked. sorry my post count isnt high enough..
    11-06-09 03:12 PM
    So far, no luck getting my exchange email setup on my Droid. I have spent literally hours on the phone with tech support with Verizon as well as MOTO. I have been elevated to level 3 tech support with MOTO. All that gets me is a 24 to 48 hour call back. Been over 24 hours and no call back. I don't think it is a phone, Verizon, or MOTO problem but an in house security issue with exchange. Problem is I have admin authority and nobody can tell me how to set up my exchange server to allow email integration. What is even more bizzare is the calendar syncs on exchange but no contact sync and no email. I have temporarily set up "touchdown" and am getting email but the delay is terrible and isn't the way it is supposed to be! If MOTO and VZW can't figure out how to tell me to set up my exchange server, I am afraid this will be a deal breaker for me and I will either have to go back to my Storm or return the Droid for the Storm 2.
    11-07-09 05:19 PM
    So far, no luck getting my exchange email setup on my Droid. I have spent literally hours on the phone with tech support with Verizon as well as MOTO. I have been elevated to level 3 tech support with MOTO. All that gets me is a 24 to 48 hour call back. Been over 24 hours and no call back. I don't think it is a phone, Verizon, or MOTO problem but an in house security issue with exchange. Problem is I have admin authority and nobody can tell me how to set up my exchange server to allow email integration. What is even more bizzare is the calendar syncs on exchange but no contact sync and no email. I have temporarily set up "touchdown" and am getting email but the delay is terrible and isn't the way it is supposed to be! If MOTO and VZW can't figure out how to tell me to set up my exchange server, I am afraid this will be a deal breaker for me and I will either have to go back to my Storm or return the Droid for the Storm 2.
    I agree that this is probably an issue on your end with the Exchange server than it is with the phone...

Hopefully you can get it worked out. Not to rub it in or anything, but it is fantastic. It is worth figuring out the Exchange issue...trust me!
    11-07-09 05:22 PM
    Google droid exchange setup and you'll find there is an issue with companies (like mine) that require a push of security policies to handheld devices. If you currently have to input a password on your bb after 10 minutes and/or your IT dept has remote wipe capabilities than the current iteration of 2.0 WILL NOT WORK. Google dev has this as a medium level problem as of tonight and is working to come up with a fix. In the meantime you can try an app called TouchDown that will hopefully tide you over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 07:23 PM
    11-07-09 07:26 PM
    Update as of 11/9/09........

I downloaded the trial version of Touchdown on Friday evening. After some set up it DID enable me to receive and send emails from my Droid.....just not the way it should work via Exchange. After a weekend of using Touchdown, I don't think it is terrible. Once you pay the $10 to keep the software, you can insert a signature just like you could on the BES. The emails also come in HTML format, so it is truly like you are viewing them on your desktop. I have the polling time set to 5min so it is constantly checking and they come in pretty fast, but not instantly as the exchange system is supposed to work. When you send an email, they do infact send instantly just as the BB did. All in all Touchdown is a good program. I might even consider using it full time if the exchange doesn't allow you to view HTML emails and insert signatures as many on the board have discussed.

And as for MOTO and their level 3 support which meant a callback in 24-48 hours......it has been 48+ hours and no call back yet......
    11-09-09 08:59 AM
    One other interesting thing that I found when setting up Touchdown. On the Touchdown program, it shows in the settings that active sync isn't enabled on our company server. When I go into the server and look at it, it shows that it IS setup or at least all of the boxes are checked that show it to be enabled. Kindof weird?
    11-09-09 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD