Anyone have this yet....Is it all that its cracked up to be???
    11-06-09 07:11 AM
    yea I ha e had it since storm 1 an works great on 2 also. I use it everyday cause I travel all over the place an need a connection for vpn to work. I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 07:17 AM
    Same here. I still use VZAccess too. Where I'm at Tetherberry is pretty much just as fast........on a side note...... You work on tugs nytugs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 07:38 AM
    I've got it too. I used on my Curve 8330 and it ran at about 280 k at my home. With the Storm 2 I'm at 780 K at home. Would Rev A make that much difference?

It works great and is well worth the $.
    11-06-09 08:50 AM
    I've got it too. I used on my Curve 8330 and it ran at about 280 k at my home. With the Storm 2 I'm at 780 K at home. Would Rev A make that much difference?

It works great and is well worth the $.
    Yep that speed difference should be expected.
    11-06-09 08:59 AM
    I have a Mac and have used Teatherberry before RIM's Desktop for Mac came out.
    I understand Teatherberry does not play well with DTM in Mac's.
    Does anyone know if this is true?
    11-06-09 10:34 AM
    I was wondering if it is okay to use this program with Verizon. I think it is but I'm not 100% sure. One thing that does make me think it is okay to use is Verizon sells Tetherberry in THEIR app store. What do yall think?
    11-07-09 11:10 AM
    I use it on Verizon and no issues yet, plus I only paid $24.95!!! Found this snippet in the "TetherBerry Forums":

THEY CANNOT DETECT YOU!!! If you are using tetherberry, they just see you using your data connection. Using the data connection has NO LIMITS. Tethering where your laptop is connecting directly to the verizon EVDO stuff does have a 5G limit, but that is NOT using the data connection. Tetherberry uses the data connection. It has a driver on your laptop that redirects TCP/IP traffic to the blackberry over USB and that gets forwarded to tetherberry's servers to validate your licence and to also do some things (I think it's because on the blackberry, the IP address isn't actually on the phone, but at Verizon and the APN is how verizon communicates with it, so you need to get to a non-verizon server)...which you do.

So, unless Verizon knows what tetherberry's IP addresses are (and they could use a variable IP address using DDNS if they wanted to, Verizon wouldn't even be able to do that.

You are perfectly safe and there is absolutely nothing that Verizon can do about it other than to limit your data plan.
    11-07-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD