I am with o2 with my 8900 and am after some advice about what provider offers the best 3g service as I aim to get the 9700 asap. I am happy wih o2 but have read their 3g signal is slow due to the iphone, true? I see a sign with orange advertising they have the best/fastest and am considering going wih them or t-mobile. Voda I don't want to go back to due to appaling customer service, imo. Any advice would be great as I can't wait to pick up a 9700!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 01:13 AM
    orange is the best 3g coverage in the uk, however i suppose again depends where you live, as i get 3g coverage both indoors and outdoors, but some odd places in the area it is gprs only for me, but will admit i agree, i would not have another blackberry unless it was 3g
    11-06-09 02:04 AM
    btw, i heard that at the mo the fastest speeds you can get in thwe uk is hsdpa running at max 3.6mbs, apparently sometime soon the cap is being lifted so 7.2mbps will be an acheivable speed
    11-06-09 02:06 AM
    I work at Voda and so far in MY useage I get faster throughput on O2

Voda seems to cap things sometimes at around 130kb/sec, no idea why

Although on O2 with the right SIM thats not blocked to slow speeds, I can easily hit 300-400kb/sec !

Orange is around 130kb/sec and T-Mobile is slightly slower.

These are my useage tests around central london and the south east, no one elses, so other people, surprise surprise, might get different results ! :-p
    11-06-09 05:07 AM
    I work at Voda and so far in MY useage I get faster throughput on O2

Although on O2 with the right SIM thats not blocked to slow speeds, I can easily hit 300-400kb/sec !

These are my useage tests around central london and the south east, no one elses, so other people, surprise surprise, might get different results ! :-p
    Really I thought Voda would be fastest. Is the 3G on Voda generally good around London & South East?
    11-06-09 05:19 AM

I've found that Vodafone in an HSDPA area is exceptionally fast, and in a normal 3G area is significantly faster than orange .. I tested the speeds with Orange and Vodafone, both on BlackBerry Bold 9000 and both in 3G area, can't remember the exact speed but Vodafone over twice as fast in the download test... we tested it again 3 or 4 times since then at different days and times, and each time vodafone significantly outperforms orange ...
    11-06-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD