Motorola's Droid review: It's the best phone on Verizon | Technology | Los Angeles Times

the best phone on verizon... is now the droid, will be poasting the violent death of 2 storms to a single 5.56mm round on zee youtube soon watch for it...

storm1&2 are the most vile and gross piece of hardware on the planet

good bye crackberry
    11-05-09 11:31 PM
    He gave it a fairly 'meh' review.

Goodbye hillc.
    11-05-09 11:40 PM
    All Droid mavens ought to read this review PRIOR to standing in line at their Verizon store in the morning... The author does a fine job of enumerating the Droid's NUMEROUS downfalls. Maybe we should all remember an event from last year... Dare I say it, the debut of the Storm. I hope no one is disappointed, but all things being equal I'll stick with my Storm2!
    11-06-09 12:07 AM
    I'm really debating whether or not to dump my Storm for a Droid. I bought the Storm on the first day it was out and to this day, still don't have a phone without some big issues. Dare I buy another phone on launch day and "hope" that things get ironed out quickly? As many people have said, the Storm 2 is what the Storm should have been, and it took nearly a year to get there. And even now it still has too many issues. Sigh.
    11-06-09 01:17 AM
    This phone, just like every other high tech smart phone, is going to have people who love it and people who hate it.

Without even seeing it I think it's a great phone. I think the iPhone is a great phone. I also think Storm is a great phone (1 or 2).

It just seems to me that no matter what anybody puts out it's going to come out with negativity, at least here in the Crackberry Forum. Hey I love Crackberry don't get me wrong but you see more betching and complaining about things here then any other place on the internet.

I hope the people who get their Droid today enjoy it as much as I know i'm going to enjoy my Storm 2 arriving today. Good luck everybody.
    11-06-09 06:32 AM
    Already hearing that it won't type in landscape mode when opening the keyboard.
    11-06-09 06:37 AM
    The review is somewhat similar to the one from Attack of The Show where some of the same complaints were addressed such as "Zoom" on the browser, App Store, and the Keyboard.

This is another "1st Gen" phone so don't expect this to be the best thing since sliced bread.

For the simple fact that it is an Android Phone, this is a big plus to the carriers, software developers and customers, as this OS becomes more mainstream.

Take the "Geek'dum" out of the phones and the OS, like Apple has already accomplished, and the Android will be a touch competitor.
    11-06-09 01:28 PM
    lol op did you read the article?

not exactly glowing with praise
    11-06-09 02:14 PM
    Remember a short while back when the palm pre was suppose to be the storm's downfall?

yawn .....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 02:24 PM
    Cant wait to see the video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-06-09 02:24 PM
    Oh yeah! Typing on my New Droid now. Schwing!

Just kidding. Heh.

11-06-09 02:56 PM
    I got rid of the storm today, got the droid,

IMO

droid > storm

Runs so much smoother and faster. Browser is ultra fast. I didnt like the storm 2 feel to much so i decided not to go that route, so bb BB
    11-06-09 04:29 PM
    video or it didn't happen....
    11-06-09 07:03 PM
    whats gonna fck droids rep over is if it doesnt live up to the iphone. So it has to be PErFECT with this next update, because seriously this is the first phone that verizon is directly calling out iphone with. So everyone around the world is falling into the hype that iphone has a killer. We shall see.
    11-06-09 07:12 PM
    whats gonna fck droids rep over is if it doesnt live up to the iphone. So it has to be PErFECT with this next update, because seriously this is the first phone that verizon is directly calling out iphone with. So everyone around the world is falling into the hype that iphone has a killer. We shall see.
    well even if it does have flaws, it's still 10,000 times better than the locked down proprietary evil empire device. and VZW can't lock everything down, you can just root and work around any limitations imposed. and google won't lock anything down....because it's against the "open network, open access/freeware" utopia they're trying to build.

IMO it's already met the expectation of iphone users, if not surpassed it.

"zomfg my itunes account doesn't plug into my phone"....well count your prayers, and thank the flying spaghetti monster you're rid of that horrible application. delete it forever

"but it doesn't have a gazillion apps"....who cares if i have 90,000 "bro raep beer chug and fart" apps....they all suck anyway. go use one of the hundreds of sound board apps that are available in the android store....you can even assign the sounds from the app as alert tones. now who doesn't want a family guy, south park, the office, etc ringtone....you name it and there's a soundboard. but you don't need 34,000 of the same one to achieve the objective.

"vzw lockes GPS so i'm sticking with carrier XXXXX".....it's open source, VZW can't lock anything anymore. besides, they stopped doing that like a year ago now. get with the times. the only difference between carriers now is coverage in YOUR HOME AREA. list any other reason, and i'll call you a bold faced liar, or just god damned stupid.

i can go on and on and on and on....i used to defend the blackberry lineup, because....well, there wasn't anything else that did everything better. now there is. no more excuses. no more kool aid, no more patches on crackberry. once i'm rid of this storm, i'll be rid of this site. and i won't need to come back, because my phone will work without a hybrid OS, and apps to implement "bone head" features that should be available anyway. and the drama/constant ego boost/pissing contests....well, good riddance!
    11-06-09 07:33 PM
    hey I was thinking..oh...well.. Holy s***...D***, uhhhhmm, yeah.

wow

jeez uh...

hey, I gotta go. Wrong place, must be lost...
    11-06-09 11:33 PM
    Well said. Blackberry better have some cool ish up there sleve cuz there begining to look like palm. Although palm droped the pre which is really pretty good. Blackberry droped the storm and tour..................EPIC FAIL

11-08-09 01:49 PM
    Well said. Blackberry better have some cool ish up there sleve cuz there begining to look like palm. Although palm droped the pre which is really pretty good. Blackberry droped the storm and tour..................EPIC FAIL

Oh nonsense.
    11-08-09 07:45 PM
    still symptoms of a year ago, I thought the thread title was The Palin is finally over

once i'm rid of this storm, i'll be rid of this site. and i won't need to come back, because my phone will work without a hybrid OS, and apps to implement "bone head" features that should be available anyway. and the drama/constant ego boost/pissing contests....well, good riddance!
    Just curious before I challenge you to a boost/pissing contest, how far can you do?
    11-09-09 11:00 AM
    Open source will win in the end for the techies, but for those needing something they can just pick up and go with, BB will keep the market it has with the line up it has, minus the Storm. Don't get me wrong, I love my Storm, but in the corporate environment I am in currently, the Curve, Bold and 8830 are the cornerstones of how my company does business. They did allow the Storm on their network ( I had it working until I decided to not get company email anymore), but the typing and suretype "feature" takes getting used to and most of the people I work with don't care for it. I've gotten used to it, but sometimes it's cumbersome.

Having said that, the Droid platform looks awesome and the idea of open source, for me, is excellent. If I decide to stay with a smart phone like the Storm, I would consider getting a device that has the Droid OS on it.
    11-09-09 11:18 AM
    Amen Patches. Lead the way.
    11-09-09 03:41 PM
    my 2 cents i did play with the droid this weekend and YES i did like it its fast and smooth BUT that slide out keyboard is awful do you think they will release an all touch droid? I just would never use the keyboard same as storm i never type in qwerty im old school use multi tap
    11-09-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD