I love how the iphone has the full picture ID when receiving an incoming call. I purchased the PicId from crackberry.com and it absolutely sucks. Does not work when you are running another application and now with the OS5 upgrade it won't work at all. I wished blackberry already offered the full screen picture id since it has a big screen.

Does anyone have or know where I can purchase a similar app that allows incoming calls to fit the whole screen?
    11-05-09 04:16 PM
    Yep. Buy an iphone and switch to AT&T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 06:23 PM

Smartass lol

11-05-09 06:26 PM
    [QUOTE=jordanbyrnesbbstorm;4016805]Smartass lol

Agreed =P

11-05-09 09:14 PM
    x3!

but don't worry, there's a map for that!
    11-06-09 12:24 AM

Yea u know I wonder why some people even buy a BLACKBERRY when all they want is crap to make it look like the whack iphone. I'm a newbie in CBerry but have been BlackBerry all the way. So yea switch to at&t get the next Iphone the 3gsxt with like 120gb by then there will be about 1.2 mil apps.

11-06-09 01:01 AM
    FWIW Smiley from Toysoft just posted link to a beta update of PictureID for OS5 over in the Toysoft forum: http://forums.crackberry.com/f97/pic...ml#post4019413
    11-06-09 08:01 AM
    There's a few apps for that no? Paying apps i believe tho...

11-06-09 08:38 AM
    Yea u know I wonder why some people even buy a BLACKBERRY when all they want is crap to make it look like the whack iphone. I'm a newbie in CBerry but have been BlackBerry all the way. So yea switch to at&t get the next Iphone the 3gsxt with like 120gb by then there will be about 1.2 mil apps.

It is not that I would want my storm to look like an iphone but if someone is calling me and I have a picture ID for them I would like to be able to see it without squinting.

11-06-09 08:53 AM
    I find it odd that a full picture ID isn't an option built in. I was hoping that they would include it with the new OS.

11-06-09 09:17 AM
    I find it odd that a full picture ID isn't an option built in. I was hoping that they would include it with the new OS.

With all the blackberrys ive had they never had an option for a full picture ID, so i wasnt surprised that it wasnt on the storm.
    11-06-09 09:21 AM
    I meant to take advantage of the large beautiful screen.

11-06-09 09:23 AM
    It is not that I would want my storm to look like an iphone but if someone is calling me and I have a picture ID for them I would like to be able to see it without squinting.

so you really really have to squint to see the number that is calling you. you should go iSheep.
    11-06-09 09:46 AM
    I meant to take advantage of the large beautiful screen.

Exactly...if you have a big screen why not take advantage of it.

11-06-09 09:47 AM

Nothing wrong with wanting your phone to look like another phone. I personally like they the droid OS looks. So, I use a droid theme. When I first got my storm, I used the iPhone theme(previous iPhone user). Loved it.

So, IMHO, nothing wrong with people liking a certain look. Love the way my storm handles and performs, but not so fond of the default theme.

Personally, I would like to have a big picture as a caller ID as well.

To each his/her own.
    Last edited by StormChaser77; 11-06-09 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Updated text.
    11-06-09 10:15 AM
    This is stupid. A forum member wants to use a large screen phone in a logical way and he gets crap for it?

WHY DOESN'T THIS PHONE USE A LARGER PICTURE ID?

When RIM decided to make a touchscreen phone I can tell how the meeting went...

"Lets just port our existing OS over to the new device and it will be great!"
    "But, that OS is old and not at all keeping up with every other OS out today, should we take the time to utilize that screen real estate?"
    "No, they will think it's an iPhone and buy it anyway!"

Just another RIM fail
    11-06-09 11:42 AM
    This is stupid. A forum member wants to use a large screen phone in a logical way and he gets crap for it?

WHY DOESN'T THIS PHONE USE A LARGER PICTURE ID?

When RIM decided to make a touchscreen phone I can tell how the meeting went...

"Lets just port our existing OS over to the new device and it will be great!"
    "But, that OS is old and not at all keeping up with every other OS out today, should we take the time to utilize that screen real estate?"
    "No, they will think it's an iPhone and buy it anyway!"

Just another RIM fail

Agreed on all counts. Just one more indication that RIM is a bit out of touch. The little, itty-bitty thumbnail of a pic that's not even the size of your Home screen icons/buttons is pretty pathetic and shows that very little thought (and I think that's being generous) went into that aspect of the OS. Pretty stupid, actually, to have a screen the size of the Tour, much less the Storm, and have this tiny little picture.

I don't think the pic needs to be displayed across the entire screen (as I'm sure some would prefer), but something a bit larger than the current itteration would certainly be much better.
    11-06-09 11:55 AM
    so you really really have to squint to see the number that is calling you. you should go iSheep.
    you might want to check out hooked on phonics.
    we talking about picture ID's here, not numbers.

Ill leave the sheeps for you. Don't forget to use protection.

I can also post a response that makes no sense. Yay I'm special.

11-06-09 12:14 PM
    you might want to check out hooked on phonics.
    we talking about picture ID's here, not numbers.

Ill leave the sheeps for you. Don't forget to use protection.

I can also post a response that makes no sense. Yay I'm special.

this serious? i was making the point that the pictures is larger than the number displayed when somebody is calling.......... therefore the squiting has to be more focused and bring the phone closer to your face. i bet you wear glasses and dont have that problem.

sheep comment with the yay, i'm special? you 4 or 5?

lemme guess, you have an iCrap touch?
    11-06-09 03:22 PM
    So there is no way we can set full screen Picture ID? there is no app out there either eh?
    11-07-09 03:11 PM
    So there is no way we can set full screen Picture ID? there is no app out there either eh?
    No, and if you want it you clearly must be an iPhone fanboi....

Seriously this should be in the OS by now or at least in the free apps section, but it seems that fartmakers and lightsaber apps take priority.
    11-07-09 03:21 PM
    Ummmmm, http://forums.crackberry.com/f97/pic...ml#post4030521
    11-07-09 03:22 PM
    No, and if you want it you clearly must be an iPhone fanboi....

Seriously this should be in the OS by now or at least in the free apps section, but it seems that fartmakers and lightsaber apps take priority.
    Slow down .... the iPhone isn't the only phone that has full screen pictures for the caller. The OP never said he wants to have the calling app be like a iPhone. Stop playing with yourself and read the posts!

Anyway, yes, PictureID2 worked pretty good until 5.0.0.328. The it broke. I've used the app for a pretty lomg time, probably 10 months. Othe then it being cumbersome to set up, it was worth the money.
    11-07-09 08:07 PM
    ! REALLY? The guy asks for advice from his CB "peers" and gets jack-s**t!(mostly)
    As a semi-new BB owner/CB user I recommend this site DAILY based on the amount of useful info and overall willingness to help
    I receive from more experienced users. There were a few decent/adult replies in this thread but as the saying goes..."there's an a**hole in every group"
    SHAME ON YOU! BULLYS ONLY TALK DOWN TO THOSE THAT INTIMIDATE THEM w/ INTELLECT and/or ***** SIZE. In your case, I'd bet its a "little" of both.

Get a life and/or a non inflatable girlfriend a**clown!

11-08-09 01:21 AM
    hahahahaha does a drink come with those french cries?

easy there guy. contributing oh so much love on just your second post doesnt seem bery nice. was what i even said thaaaaaaaaat offensive? bully quality? you have to have issues with bullies if that is a problem on a public forum!

in the end we are all BlackBerry owners (lovers) and yes we do and are allowed to give each other the business. i'm not bullying or doing anything remotely offensive here, so i consider what you said obnioxus (sp?)

also seeing as though you are a NEWB, you will see soooooooooooooo much of, "like my iPhone" or "my iPhone did this.........i" so it comes VERY bothersome!

hahahahaha i'm still laughing at this post. wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

ease up fella, ease up!

i am happy that you can post that whole entire response from your phone while adding NO valuable information.

lets be friends
    Last edited by Bramsy; 11-08-09 at 07:55 AM.
    11-08-09 07:53 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD