I never had any issues with any blackberry until this one.

I had 40% battery remaining last night and i powered down the phone using the "turn off" option as opposed to "full power off" since I use the alarm to wake me up.

This morning, no alarm, and the phone was dead!

Has anyone else had this problem?
    11-05-09 10:34 AM
    If this is how the phone is, then Im done with Blackberry. I cant wait for a fix.
    11-05-09 10:39 AM
    I swapped my device because of defects on the screen and the battery has been flawless. The first device was terrible at consumption.
    Since you've been a bberry user for a while trust you gut and know that a phone can't be like that. You should try to get a new device, that's what i did. I got some resistance at the first store so i went to another one.
    11-05-09 10:41 AM
    I ordered it online through a business account. I assume I wont have a problem returning it.
    11-05-09 10:43 AM
    Oh, I don't know...here's a thought...WHY DIDN'T YOU CHARGE IT?

I'm tired of hearing the whiners...ooh I went to bed with LESS THAN HALF the battery and BOOM it was dead in the AM

I can go a whole day with normal usage before I need a charge.

Guess what, it isn't a dumbphone...you need to charge it EVERY DAY

Also, what are you doing putting the phone into StandBy (Yes, the "Power Down" is actually StandBy like a PC), It uses battery power.

YOUR fault for not charging it.
    11-05-09 10:46 AM
    My battery seems the same as 9530 I have. I ran them side by side and the storm 2 actually held longer. while downloading a video from opera with Bluetooth off and wifi off. I turn off the wifi and Bluetooth unless I am using them, as well as set screen to 10% and 10 seconds. This seems to save allot of battery throughout the day. Not sure what problems everyone is having. Hope it doesn't happen to me.
    11-05-09 10:47 AM
    This phone is a power pig for sure and it might be d deal breaker for me. The new storm uses twice the battery as the storm 1 did. I hope rim comes out with a fix before my thirty days otherwise its going back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It uses no more than my S1 did.
    11-05-09 10:49 AM
    Hey Moviemogul, i asked a question and Im annoyed, more so now that you responded with a wisecrack.

Do everyone a favor and keep your sarcasm to yourself.

if you are tired of hearing or reading things on here....shut your damn computer and your mouth
    11-05-09 10:50 AM
    Sounds like a PEBKAC error....
    11-05-09 10:52 AM
    Hey Moviemogul, i asked a question and Im annoyed, more so now that you responded with a wisecrack.

Do everyone a favor and keep your sarcasm to yourself.

if you are tired of hearing or reading things on here....shut your damn computer and your mouth
    No dude, you're talking junk. You obviously don't like the phone, and came into the conversation with that attitude. If you don't like it, return it. It was YOUR fault for not charging it.

This is user error at it's finest...instead of blaming yourself...well it must be the device.

There has been some posts regarding slightly higher battery usage, but overall it has been the same for the S1 to the S2.

Again, it was YOUR fault for not charging the battery.
    11-05-09 10:52 AM
    Love the phone, upset with the battery, and your nonsense.

Everyone else, thanks for the positive responses.
    11-05-09 10:54 AM
    Really no need to start bickering.

Yes, the phone uses alot of power. It's using more electronic technology than the S1. It happens.

Yes, there probably is some tweaks that RIM could do with an OS to make it use less power.

But, charging your phone on a daily basis is going to be a normal routine (and should) for a smartphone user.

You want the connectivity and accessability to email/sms/mms/facebook/etc you're going to have to keep it charged.

Personally I let my battery drain all day and charge it over night. Never ever have a problem with it dying on me during the day. And charging it at night ensures that your alarm will indeed go off.
    11-05-09 10:55 AM
    Like its been said in other threads make sure you've done all these steps.

-Change screen light to 10
    -Change from Global to 1XEV
    -Close APPs running in the background
    -Turn off Wifi if you're not using it

I did all of that and I haven't had any problems with my battery since.
    11-05-09 10:58 AM
    Love the phone, upset with the battery, and your nonsense.

Everyone else, thanks for the positive responses.
    If this is how the phone is, then Im done with Blackberry. I cant wait for a fix.
    I ordered it online through a business account. I assume I wont have a problem returning it.

You said these two quotes....you OBVIOUSLY are done with blackberry.

You didn't ask for help troubleshooting. You specifically said it was the phone's fault. Not yours.

Now, if you want some options, there are extended batteries widely available that will give extra juice.

If you want some links, I will gladly direct you in the proper direction
    11-05-09 10:58 AM
    Let me tell you guys this. I currently have two EXTRA RIM OEM D-X1 original batteries that I've tried on my Storm2 and each are getting different levels of discharging. I basically use my phone the exact same way EVERY DAY and each of my batteries is displaying different discharging rates. I believe it isn't so much a phone issue as a battery issue. I'm starting to believe that not all battery cells from RIM are made equal.
    11-05-09 11:01 AM
    Let me tell you guys this. I currently have two EXTRA RIM OEM D-X1 original batteries that I've tried on my Storm2 and each are getting different levels of discharging. I basically use my phone the exact same way EVERY DAY and each of my batteries is displaying different discharging rates. I believe it isn't so much a phone issue as a battery issue. I'm starting to believe that not all battery cells from RIM are made equal.

I agree with this
    11-05-09 11:04 AM
    Honestly, I'd check what all programs you're running in the background - what other things are installed that could cause a battery drain, etc. This is my first Storm - I can't compare it to the S1, but comparing it to my Blackberry Pearl; it holds up almost as long as the Pearl did on a single charge (I could get ~3 full days on a charge with my average usage, on the S2 I have needed to charge the morning of the 3rd day.) Right now, I'm sitting near the end of a second day - I had charged it on Tuesday evening before I went to bed, and my battery is at ~65%. My guess is if I was a significantly heavier user, I'd probably be charging once a day or once every other day.

So far I'm quite pleased with the battery performance - it's 1000% better then the VX6700 (phone I had before my Pearl) that could barely make it from full charge at wake up to 6pm.

With what you're describing I'd look at what might be causing the issue - of course, if you've got that "newness" factor going on where you never put the phone down, that could be affecting it...
    11-05-09 11:06 AM
    Here is another thought: Brand new batteries consistently get better and better (well, they should) with each charge cycle (as long as they are not fully discharged). I have a D-X1 battery that was fully discharged a few times and its charge cycle is signifigantly WORSE than the other batteries I have. It discharges at a super-fast rate.
    11-05-09 11:15 AM
    Like its been said in other threads make sure you've done all these steps.

-Change screen light to 10
    -Change from Global to 1XEV
    -Close APPs running in the background
    -Turn off Wifi if you're not using it

I did all of that and I haven't had any problems with my battery since.
    Yes this is what i do and it works wonders havent had battery issues yet.
    11-05-09 11:23 AM
    I love my Storm 2, upgraded from a Curve 8330. I have done everything possible to extend battery life (10% brightness, 1EXV, no wifi, no BT, all apps shutdown etc.), however it is horrible!

I take it off the charger at 6:30 AM and by 8:00 it is at 80% without doing anything on it! Looking at the STAUS right now, I have not made any calls or anything else...65%...by 3 PM it is dead...what gives?

Possibly a defective battery?
    11-05-09 11:24 AM
    I let my battery drain down to red and had the blinking green warning led. I left it overnight on standby, and the thing still hadn't drained by morning. This is my second day of use after a full charge, and I'm still over 50% remaining.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 11:28 AM
    I love my Storm 2, upgraded from a Curve 8330. I have done everything possible to extend battery life (10% brightness, 1EXV, no wifi, no BT, all apps shutdown etc.), however it is horrible!

I take it off the charger at 6:30 AM and by 8:00 it is at 80% without doing anything on it! Looking at the STAUS right now, I have not made any calls or anything else...65%...by 3 PM it is dead...what gives?

If you done all that it may be the battery itself. Cause once I did all that I haven't had any problems with my battery.
    11-05-09 11:37 AM
    My battery has been good. I don't even charge it overnight and still have plenty of power in the morning. That is with heavy use of the phone the day before.
    11-05-09 11:40 AM

I would take it into Verizon and have them do a load test on the battery. Batteries are defective at times and I'd hate to see someone who's otherwise very happy with their phone to return it over a battery. They can always swap the battery right in the store if it proves defective.
    11-05-09 11:41 AM
    I would take it into Verizon and have them do a load test on the battery. Batteries are defective at times and I'd hate to see someone who's otherwise very happy with their phone to return it over a battery. They can always swap the battery right in the store if it proves defective.
    I was thinking the same thing, thanks for the confirmation!
    11-05-09 11:44 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD