Hey guys..I've had the same gmail account for years and this morning when I logged in from my computer it told me that I needed to change my password because of some crazy activity...ok I did that and can log into my account on my computer fine. Well since I changed the password, my bb sent me a message saying to update my email account info so my messages can continue to be delivered to my device..when I tried to do that, this is the message I got:

invalid email address or password: Please verify your email address and password. the information you provided is incorrect. if the error persists contact gmail.com (your email provider)

I can't find a link or anything that will allow me to contact gmail. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for ANY info.
    11-05-09 09:35 AM
    Log into my.t-mobile.com and go into the Configure Email section... this gets you to the BIS server... change the password on there and resend your Service Books.
    11-05-09 09:52 AM
    I not saying this will or will not work but here is what I would do. I would go into e-mail set up (Manage Internet E-Mail under the Set Up Menu) and delete the G-mail account.

Then I'd exit after deleting the account and do a battery pull.

After the device restarts, then I would go back into the Set Up Menu and Manage Internet E-Mail and set up the account again.

If you don't want to do the above, try signing in to My T-Mobile, navigate around until you find your e-mail settings and check the settings for your G-Mail account. If your password, etc. is correct and it still doesn't work, try the first suggestion.

Good luck!
    11-05-09 09:52 AM
    Ok, I just tried both suggestions and I'm STILL getting the same error message.
    11-05-09 12:29 PM
    Go to Gmail and change your password again to be sure you know the password... then login to my.t-mobile.com again and give it one more time... you might think it's one password, when it's actually just a character different.
    11-05-09 12:41 PM
    Go to Gmail and change your password again to be sure you know the password... then login to my.t-mobile.com again and give it one more time... you might think it's one password, when it's actually just a character different.
    I just did that and STILL the same thing. I'm SO past frustrated. I'm going out of town tomorrow and I NEED my email to be working.
    11-05-09 01:36 PM
    And you are not doing this on your device????

Go back to my.t-mobile.com... delete the Gmail account, do a battery pull on your device, after it's back up then add the Gmail account back.
    11-05-09 01:43 PM
    And you are not doing this on your device????

Go back to my.t-mobile.com... delete the Gmail account, do a battery pull on your device, after it's back up then add the Gmail account back.
    I deleted the gmail account earlier. Its not there, so when I go to my.t-mobile.com I have to add the account.

I can't go to my.t-mobile.com on my phone, it said it doesn't support the blackberry browser so Im trying to make the changes on the computer.

I've tried to use the email wizard on my phone to add the account, and its still saying the same thing. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

I just pulled the battery...again. Hopefully it will work this time.
    11-05-09 01:49 PM
    Nope! STILL not working. ugh.
    11-05-09 02:04 PM
    I deleted the gmail account earlier. Its not there, so when I go to my.t-mobile.com I have to add the account.

I can't go to my.t-mobile.com on my phone, it said it doesn't support the blackberry browser so Im trying to make the changes on the computer.

I've tried to use the email wizard on my phone to add the account, and its still saying the same thing. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

I just pulled the battery...again. Hopefully it will work this time.
    So, you've ignored what I've been asking you to do...

Go to my.t-mobile.com on a PC!!!!
    11-05-09 02:35 PM
    So, you've ignored what I've been asking you to do...

Go to my.t-mobile.com on a PC!!!!
    No, I said, I'm making the changes on the computer. I'm doing that on a PC.

When you said "And you are not doing this on your device????"

I read that like...oh you need to be doing this on your device lol.

I've been doing it on the PC.. and I STILL get that error message. I get it on the PC and on my BB.

Sorry if what I was saying was confusing.
    11-05-09 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD