Got my 9700 last, I love it.

But the new network, awesome!

Blazing speeds where before I would have 1xev 2 bars, now 5 bars 3G!

Anyone else getting the same success?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 08:07 AM
    donno ill find out soon enough with my Hero
    11-05-09 10:02 AM
    Really?! I want a new phone now!!

11-05-09 03:47 PM
    what kind of plans did you guys get with bell, do they new plans structure for bell or you can keep your old plans

telus hsa new plans for the there new network
    11-05-09 05:14 PM
    I picked mine up last night also. The new network is SUPER FAST, has great reception thanks to the GSM technology and the Bold 9700 processing speed is faster than the Tour. All around, everyone should switch over when they can.

Also and FYI, I kept the same plan and features. I was told that Voicemail only works with the new network if you have Visual Voicemail, which is a different data plan, and this is not true. My message centre express got booted off my plan, called Client care and got pissed off when the rep told me that "the feature isn't available on my corp plan anymore" and after 10 mins convinced her that she is a corporate robot and she put it back on. I got my voicemail back and they aren't adding any more to my bill.

Cheers,
    11-05-09 08:17 PM
    omg i need 3g phone
    11-06-09 02:56 AM
    Ok a hspa 3G but calmly waiting for the 9900 yeah that right I sticking with my storm with os 5 it runs nice

11-06-09 03:11 AM
    ugh, been pretty rattled about my storm not being able to run on the new hspa network. definatly want to switch to the bold 9700 now and rock the awesome new speed. i think i would miss my stormie too much though. i bent the tabs on my battery door and the screen clicks just fantastic now. and with the official .328 it runs so effin' fast. but even still.....i gotta get in on this new network and experience the speed..... going to my bell retailer tomorrow.
    11-06-09 03:22 AM
    You got the official .328 when did that come out it not the one that came out at the same time as .327 is it? I running .323 its been fine I mean it runs really well but I do want the new HSPA though damnit why didn't Telus and bell take up the 2100MHz why why o well

11-06-09 03:37 AM
    Well, I'm rather disappointed with Bell's tech support. One of its reps insisted ALL Bell phones, not just the newest phones, would get improved reception when the system upgrades went through. I'm getting the same mediocre-poor reception in my neighborhood that I've always gotten. I just got a Tour in July. It's a shame it won't take advantage of the new system. Oh well. I guess I'll have something to look forward to in 2.5 years when my contract expires. Mind you, knowing my luck, I'll get a new 3G+ phone two months before they start up their new 4G system.
    11-06-09 07:07 AM
    Well, I'm rather disappointed with Bell's tech support. One of its reps insisted ALL Bell phones, not just the newest phones, would get improved reception when the system upgrades went through. I'm getting the same mediocre-poor reception in my neighborhood that I've always gotten. I just got a Tour in July. It's a shame it won't take advantage of the new system. Oh well. I guess I'll have something to look forward to in 2.5 years when my contract expires. Mind you, knowing my luck, I'll get a new 3G+ phone two months before they start up their new 4G system.
    there's no way that CDMA phones would see reception improvements from an HSPA network launch.

that bell rep is/was an *****.
    11-06-09 10:33 AM
    there's no way that CDMA phones would see reception improvements from an HSPA network launch.

that bell rep is/was an *****.
    I have been generally quite pleased with support from Bell, so this has been a bit of a disappointment. Yes, CDMA phones won't work with HSPA, although my Tour does have HSPA capability with a different frequency used on the Bell network (a real shame IMO). But that doesn't mean other tweaks couldn't have been done to improve the network as a whole. Unfortunately, I see no evidence that that has happened.
    11-06-09 12:03 PM
    I have been generally quite pleased with support from Bell, so this has been a bit of a disappointment. Yes, CDMA phones won't work with HSPA, although my Tour does have HSPA capability with a different frequency used on the Bell network (a real shame IMO). But that doesn't mean other tweaks couldn't have been done to improve the network as a whole. Unfortunately, I see no evidence that that has happened.
    Are you saying that CDMA phones won't work on HSPA network ?, or is that just a typing error on your part??
    11-06-09 01:07 PM
    Are you saying that CDMA phones won't work on HSPA network ?, or is that just a typing error on your part??
    yes they will not work on the hspa network they will still run on cdma
    11-06-09 01:18 PM
    does anyone else notices that there is a drop in CDMA quality? since the launch of the hspa? I have??
    11-06-09 01:20 PM
    Well i generally get 5 bars almost 95% of the time now when before i wold usually get only 3-4 on average But im pissed that i cant put my Storm on the new network and yeah i now have to wait 2 years till my contract is up to get on the new network but i think ill just wait till 4G is officially out to upgrade!
    11-06-09 04:19 PM
    i must say not that bad switching over in store, for selling the phones and nothing but compliments on the speeds of the internet.
    11-06-09 08:29 PM
    does anyone else notices that there is a drop in CDMA quality? since the launch of the hspa? I have??
    Havent noticed anything, could be in just in your area ? weak spot cause of the launch ? not sure though
    11-06-09 08:29 PM
    i must say not that bad switching over in store, for selling the phones and nothing but compliments on the speeds of the internet.
    ???

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Is there some way of switching over to a new phone without having to spend a fortune? I'm not entirely sure I need or want a new phone. Other than my immediate neighborhood and one other spot in the city, I get decent signal strength on my Tour. I would just like more bars in those areas other than a varying 0-2 for voice in my neighborhood. It's not the data rate that disappoints me. It's the so-so voice reception. Dropped and faded out calls have occurred more often than I think is acceptable in a major urban area. I disappoints me when I'm led to believe that improved service is on its way, and then it's not.
    11-06-09 08:57 PM
    ???

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Is there some way of switching over to a new phone without having to spend a fortune? I'm not entirely sure I need or want a new phone. Other than my immediate neighborhood and one other spot in the city, I get decent signal strength on my Tour. I would just like more bars in those areas other than a varying 0-2 for voice in my neighborhood. It's not the data rate that disappoints me. It's the so-so voice reception. Dropped and faded out calls have occurred more often than I think is acceptable in a major urban area. I disappoints me when I'm led to believe that improved service is on its way, and then it's not.
    sorry was speaking as rep, the process and stuff went smooth to move people over with hardware credits.. the new network wouldnt effect the tour in any way, but we havent had people come in with problems about the tour before are you in a dead zone by chance?
    11-06-09 09:13 PM
    sorry was speaking as rep, the process and stuff went smooth to move people over with hardware credits.. the new network wouldnt effect the tour in any way, but we havent had people come in with problems about the tour before are you in a dead zone by chance?
    I'm in what the tech reps call an MCA (Marginal Coverage Area). I'm smack dab in the middle of Metro Vancouver, and somehow I happen to live in an MCA. I just wish they'd put another antenna nearby. Somehow I don't see that happening.
    11-06-09 09:35 PM
    I'm in what the tech reps call an MCA (Marginal Coverage Area). I'm smack dab in the middle of Metro Vancouver, and somehow I happen to live in an MCA. I just wish they'd put another antenna nearby. Somehow I don't see that happening.
    thats weird you should call them up and say about your connection maybe theres something wrong with one of the towers.
    11-08-09 05:16 PM
    Ok snice the newnetwork I have totally lost reception while I at work and I work right in dt Vancouver about 5 blocks away from the bell building I thought that kind of odd because I using a storm and the newnetwork shouldn't effect the storm1 right? Well at work I use to get some what low reception but now it gone

11-08-09 05:35 PM
    yes they will not work on the hspa network they will still run on cdma
    Technically they will work on non-north american HSPA. Just not in Canada or USA.
    11-08-09 08:06 PM
    Technically they will work on non-north american HSPA. Just not in Canada or USA.
    tou right my bad forgot about that

11-09-09 03:07 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD