I have deleted to many unused programs and this messing up my phone I need help refleshing the firmware in my phone I am trying to strip the device and start it out as a brand new phone. My only issue is I donot have internet on my desktop anymore only on my BB. So my question is ,how do I strip my phone and start it out like a new device by using the start up disk or is that not possible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Realsickclown; 11-05-09 at 04:16 AM.
    11-05-09 04:13 AM
    I'm not a rep, but you don't have to be one to answer this question.

You need to get a copy of the current OS for your device and install it on your PC... your "start up disk" does not include the OS, it only includes a copy of Desktop Manager (DM)... if you have an SD card then find someone with an internet connection, connect your device using Mass Storage mode, download and copy the OS to your SD card... copy that to your PC and install it... after that follow the direction in the Blackberry 101 lesson.
    11-05-09 07:09 AM
    Ok I will try that first just to make sure I understand this. I am going to download the os from the BB site to a flash drive then load it to my own desktop then thru the dm I load it to my phone with my phone in mass media mode. Correct? Do I want to remove the media card from the phone when doing this

11-05-09 04:04 PM
    Ok so I am guessing that I am understanding this correctly. I will check back later today to see if a tmobile rep will verify if this is how to take care of my issue. Thanks I sure do like all the input

11-06-09 05:43 AM
    Not a rep but like fatboy said you don't need a rep. Just get the OS of your choice (preferably T-Mobile) then install on your comp. You don't need to take out your media card but it won't hurt to take out.
    11-06-09 03:23 PM
    Ok I must be an ***** because I can't find the area or page or link of where to download the os for my 8220 for T-Mobile I have been looking all weekend and can not find it so if anybody knows the link please paste it below. Because I am at my wits end

11-09-09 09:47 AM
    I think that the OP is just looking for a factory reset. Backup your contacts / calendar with the desktop manager... then go into your options/advanced options/security/general settings and press the menu button. Select Wipe Handheld.

It will return you to the Out-Of-The-Box condition.
    11-09-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD