whoever has one !!! when u press the chrome bezel where the camera button is do you hear any type of clicking noise ???? dont press the button, press the chrome bezel right where the camera button is and let me know please!!!????

just want to know to see if there is something broken in there
    Last edited by gyacoubian; 11-04-09 at 10:57 PM.
    11-04-09 10:41 PM
    No sound on mine.... not sure if I'm pressing the right thing though.
    11-04-09 11:52 PM
    you should go to a store and compare it to another one they have there. I'm sure they have demo devices that are not dummies
    11-04-09 11:55 PM
    No sound on mine as well.
    11-04-09 11:58 PM
    ya i think im going to go and check one.. hopefully theyll have one so i can compare
    11-05-09 12:12 AM
    nope no sound on mine also
    11-05-09 01:30 AM
    anyone else ? they didnt have any in stock .. i need to know so ill know if my phone is the problem or its a general problem
    11-05-09 11:15 PM
    no sound on mine
    11-05-09 11:22 PM
    whoever has one !!! when u press the chrome bezel where the camera button is do you hear any type of clicking noise ???? dont press the button, press the chrome bezel right where the camera button is and let me know please!!!????

just want to know to see if there is something broken in there
    I'm sorry but, WHY? Why are you pressing on it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 11:25 PM
    Are you pressing on the LCD also, and wondering why it "ripples"?
    11-06-09 09:24 AM
    I got a squeeky sound when pressing the chrome on my 9700.
    11-06-09 09:41 AM
    my trackpad is a bit dented to the left is that normal, like it works perfectly but its a bit dented i dont know why
    11-06-09 11:08 AM
    mine has the click on the side when i push the chrome
    11-06-09 05:10 PM
    No click here, if ur talking about just above the right convenience key

11-06-09 05:14 PM
    There is a big discussion about it over at hofo. Not sure if you are aware of this, but the bezel on the 9700 isn't held on by screws. It snaps on. The bezel on the side also lets light through between the keypad and the side plastic on both sides of the device. The reason you are feeling the clicking is because the bezel doesn't attach to anything on the sides of the screen. To prove this, try inserting your fingernail between the screen and the side bezel, you will see how it just separates without effort.

I have a bold 9700 and tour. To me, the tour seems the perfect size. It's just enough bigger than the 9700 to be comfortable when typing. I am disappointed in the build quality of the 9700. I feel for it being a "bold", more attention should have been placed to detail. Don't get me wrong, the 9700 is a great device, but it has big shoes to fill compared to the 9000. If you are thinking of the 9700, take a close look at the tour.

Just my .02....
    11-06-09 09:05 PM
    Mine has this issue and I have asked the store to exchange it for one with a tighter bezel. They acknowledge the issue (they were able to put their business card in the gap quite easily). My concern is having dirt get down there and affect the backlight and/or get under the screen. I can clearly see the backlight through the gap.
    11-07-09 12:43 PM
    i talked to rogers theyre sending me a replacement, hopefully that issues will be gone
    11-07-09 03:21 PM
    my trackpad is a bit dented to the left is that normal, like it works perfectly but its a bit dented i dont know why
    My 9700 also has the clicking sound near the right convenience key, as well as, a dented trackpad on the left top corner.

Should a bring it back for a replacement?

11-07-09 04:13 PM
    ya it really bugs me specially when using the camera button to take pictures, it feels like the button gets pressed 4 times because the chrome is making the clicking noise....

hopefully that my new one wouldnt do that but i doubt it, a lot of people said their phone is doing it 2 so i guess its a design issue. :S:S:S:S:S:S:S
    11-07-09 04:36 PM
    Interesting that the first batch might have this issue..
    11-07-09 04:42 PM
    Should a bring it back for a replacement?
    I would exchange it, if I were you. I am having small issues. The guy will exchange the phone, but he said he needs to determine first whether or not I have used 30 minutes. He cannot get an answer from Bell as they claim their new network has no information for me... yet. I didn't realize that the "30 minute" policy included calls to their technical support 611 number. Seems backwards that calling Bell with an issue might contribute to your phone being ineligible for replacement. My "status" lists that I have only used 28:37 minutes, but he won't trust that (understandably). My major annoyance is seeing the backlight at all times (even in lit areas).
    11-07-09 06:07 PM
    they are already sending me a new one, they didnt ask if i have used it for more than 30 minutes or not .....
    crossing fingers hoping that itll not have the same problem, i dont think they would exchange it twice for the same problem , theyll be like all of the phones do it then.:S:S
    11-08-09 12:12 AM
    they are already sending me a new one, they didnt ask if i have used it for more than 30 minutes or not .....
    crossing fingers hoping that itll not have the same problem, i dont think they would exchange it twice for the same problem , theyll be like all of the phones do it then.:S:S
    Hopefully they don't add their minutes up weird. Either way, I am hoping the guy will let me look at the new phone before giving me another. He had looked at another, while I was there and said it looked fine. But still had to confirm my minutes.
    11-08-09 07:28 AM
    anyone else having this problem ?
    i want to know if the first batch phones are the only ones that have this problem
    11-08-09 03:02 PM
    When I went in today, the employee (different from before) changed the phone without caring about minutes. In an external flaw, like this, the 15 days (for them) is all that matters. He looked at 3 phones, on his own, and gave me what he felt was the best. You can tell that the phones bezel will never be perfectly tight, but the one he gave me seems a HUGE improvement. You cannot stick a business card in the new one. Just seems to be a rush oversight by RIM.
    11-08-09 05:23 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD