i am considering moving from my Storm over to the Tour, can anyone here justify this decision? who here has done this and why? and who is happy with the decision?
    11-04-09 09:16 PM
    whoa! What a great idea for a thread! You must be smoke n crack!
    11-04-09 09:22 PM
    I did....yestrday. Couldnt get used to typing on the storm and missed my keyboard. I love the tour should went with it from the begining. More memory, lighter feels better in the hand.

Do it!....
    11-04-09 09:25 PM
    More memory means more memory
    Lag means less work done
    Freezing
    Reboots

I went from the storm to the tour no regrets

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 09:28 PM
    Had the storm for a couple of weeks and just could not get used to it. Typing on the screen was really different. Switched to the tour and love it. Probably the best phone I have ever used.
    11-04-09 09:38 PM
    Had a storm for about 9 months, no issues thanks to the hybrids. until the touchscreen went, completely out of the blue. worked fine then bam no touchy. swapped out to the tour, and i couldn't be happier
    11-04-09 09:54 PM
    Had the storm for 11 months and just switched to the Tour couple weeks ago. OMG what a difference. Storm I had to charge the battery almost daily. I'm on day 4 with the Tour right now. Memory I would reboot the storm and it would get to 40 but within 2 days it was under 10. Tour reboots at 102 and 4 days later it is a 91.
    11-04-09 09:55 PM
    I had the Storm for about 6 months...i switched today! I'm lovin it so far....I missed having a real keyboard.
    11-04-09 09:58 PM
    Had a number of Berry's over the years and love the Tour! Nice solid feel and combined with an Otter Defender it's a real winner all around. I have friends with the Storm and they "try" to like it... but all seem to have some misgivings. I tried the Storm2 - a little better due to the multiple screen sensors but you just can't beat a real keyboard.
    11-04-09 10:25 PM
    I had the Storm since Jan. I recently upgraded to the Tour on October 1st. I can honestly say that the Tour (for me), is a lot better than the first Storm. I'm fast on texting and the Storms screen wouldn't allow me to type comfortably. The Storm did get the job done, but the keyboard on the Tour is awesome. At first, I didn't realize how small the keys were, but now I can type comfortably and the size is no problem for me. The Tour doesn't lag, has a very nice screen, and is cosmetically a nice phone. I'm just bummed that now I find out that the Essex is coming out a lot earlier than expected. The only downside I can say, is that battery life isn't that great for me. I charge it ever night, and take it off the dock around 7 in the morning. Around 1-2 in the afternoon, my battery has about 20% left. But, I do use it a lot during the day with e-mails, texts, bbm, and Pandora. So, I guess it's expected. Overall, I'm very happy with the Tour.

11-04-09 10:30 PM
    I had the Storm2 for about a week. There was nothing wrong with it at all hardware or software wise, I just realized I'm not a touchscreen type of guy, I guess. And I just couldn't get used to the weight. I wanted to like it, I just couldn't.

So, I gave my gf the Storm2 and bought another Tour. I've literally had every BB available on both Verizon and Alltel (I'm not joking) and the Tour by far is the best I've had in every way. Hands down. I'm happy. At least until the "next best thing" comes out!
    11-04-09 11:22 PM
    I had the Storm, went to the Tour and am going back to the Storm. I honestly never thought I would say this, but I am really excited to get my Storm back.

I really love the Tour, but after my 5th one, the trackball issue is just getting nuts. My alerts are barely working at all, I keep losing info, (even moving via desktop manager and trying to use a backup file).

I just got my last Certified Like New replacement activated on Monday and by Monday night, the ball wouldn't roll up at all. Only goes down and side to side.
    11-05-09 12:44 AM
    I had the Storm, went to the Tour and am going back to the Storm. I honestly never thought I would say this, but I am really excited to get my Storm back.

I really love the Tour, but after my 5th one, the trackball issue is just getting nuts. My alerts are barely working at all, I keep losing info, (even moving via desktop manager and trying to use a backup file).

I just got my last Certified Like New replacement activated on Monday and by Monday night, the ball wouldn't roll up at all. Only goes down and side to side.
    You must just be getting the bad ones because Ive had this one for a month without any problems. The battery door slides but nothing big. I used to have the storm and glad I switched to the tour since the storm was unreliable.
    11-05-09 12:59 AM
    You must just be getting the bad ones because Ive had this one for a month without any problems. The battery door slides but nothing big. I used to have the storm and glad I switched to the tour since the storm was unreliable.
    Some, the trackball issue was immediate. One of my Tours, I had for over a month and no issues. Then it started getting fussy. I tried using compressed air to clean it, tried using rubbing alcohol on a qtip. I kept assuming it was dirty.

Which I know any trackball has some issues, to an extent. But I just got to a point where, for the money I spent, I felt like I was spending more time trying to make the thing work.
    11-05-09 01:17 AM
    I had the storm, switched to Tour and could not be any happier! I will never ever own another storm in my life as that was by far the worst phone i have EVER Had
    11-05-09 04:39 AM
    Went from Storm to Tour.
    11-05-09 06:54 AM
    Had the Storm since literally day 1. Never returned it, dealt with and fixed all the "issues" as they happened, and just recently got bored with it when the novelty and excitement of the touch screen wore off. Have a Tour now and am quite content. I'll get bored again in a few months and switch to something else.
    11-05-09 07:05 AM
    Went from storm to tour. I miss my storm I feel like I never should have changed devices because apparently this phone is just as crappy as if not worse than my storm. Got the tour on release date and now I'm on the fifth one. If the TB issues keep happening who knows where it will stop.....

11-05-09 07:26 AM
    i am 9 months into my 2 year contract, just started having Storm issues. how would i convince Verizon to give me a Tour as replacement? is it possible?
    11-05-09 07:57 AM
    I switched after 8 months of the Storm. Couldn't take the flakiness of the Storm anymore; crashing, hanging, stalling, getting confused, incredible slowness of Verizon software updates, touchscreen inconsistency.

Love the Tour. Its not perfect, but its much easier to deal with day to day. Lighter, smaller, more reliable, no blasted touch screen, doesn't crash/hang (well, almost) I do miss the giant screen on the Storm though....
    11-05-09 08:29 AM
    I had the storm, switched to Tour and could not be any happier!
    Same here. I had the Storm for business and personal use. I will never go back to a touchscreen for multiple reasons. I am so much happier with the Tour over the Storm I can't even begin to describe.

No lag, no freeze issues. Fun and easy to use. Typing is almost as fast as on a computer. Great device.
    11-05-09 08:31 AM
    I switched after 8 months of the Storm. Couldn't take the flakiness of the Storm anymore; crashing, hanging, stalling, getting confused, incredible slowness of Verizon software updates, touchscreen inconsistency.

Love the Tour. Its not perfect, but its much easier to deal with day to day. Lighter, smaller, more reliable, no blasted touch screen, doesn't crash/hang (well, almost) I do miss the giant screen on the Storm though....
    Same here.. i miss the huge screen on my tour.

11-05-09 08:39 AM

after 8 months, did you have to pay extra to switch?
    11-05-09 09:04 AM
    I left the Storm for the Tour and couldn't be happier (at least until the Tour2 is released). I liked my iPhone more than the Storm, which is saying a lot, because I didn't really care for that either.

I had copious issues with the Storm (think I went through 3 or 4 Storms), and just couldn't take it anymore. Sure I went through the trackball issue with the first Tour, but now that it fixed I love it.
    11-05-09 10:17 AM
    I switched from the Storm to the Tour and I have no regrets...I'm not a fan of touch screen.
    11-05-09 10:22 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD