Has anyone else heard this? Found it while scouring the web. Seems legitimate to me!

From BlackBerryOS Forums:

A few days ago, we had posted up how it was rumored that Storm 1 users could possibly upgrade to the Storm 2. At the time we could not say this was 100% true, until now! We have gotten information that this will be true. Our source has said :

"...its confirmed that Vzw will start doing early upgrade for Storm 1 customers to the Storm 2 .. They will need to extend their contract over .. Priced at 279.99 with a $100 mail in rebate..sorry I don't have a date as when this promotion will go into play."
    Source

So, there you have it! If this is legit, I can't wait! I will definitely make the jump to the Storm2 from my 9530
    11-04-09 05:20 PM
    I hope that this is legit....I would def. change mine for the new one
    11-04-09 05:48 PM
    wow if thats legit thats pretty golden of vzm to do that for there customers
    11-04-09 06:42 PM
    Okay, everyone... hurry up and call Verizon CS!!!
    11-04-09 06:50 PM
    Seems like this should be in the Storm forums.
    11-04-09 07:24 PM
    wow if thats legit thats pretty golden of vzm to do that for there customers
    What's so special about it? You're still paying $280 and then you get the $100 MIR. It's the same deal as you can get if you're 12 months into your contract and a VIP with a plan of $79.99 or greater. I have less than a month on my contract until I can get the same deal without big red doing any "Deals" for me. If they want to really help us then they need to give us a better deal than that.
    11-04-09 07:40 PM
    If you call me I will say no...
    11-04-09 07:43 PM
    What's so special about it? You're still paying $280 and then you get the $100 MIR. It's the same deal as you can get if you're 12 months into your contract and a VIP with a plan of $79.99 or greater. I have less than a month on my contract until I can get the same deal without big red doing any "Deals" for me. If they want to really help us then they need to give us a better deal than that.
    +1 I agree with that!
    11-04-09 07:47 PM
    I think the big deal is that they are offering this early upgrade to Storm1 owners, not Pearl or Curve or other phones at Verizon, so maybe you're not feeling its such a sweet deal to you personally, but it is something not available to all Verizon customers!
    11-04-09 07:57 PM
    too bad I dumped my storm that about on launch day 3 months later because it was a POS.....
    11-04-09 08:10 PM
    I've been told by Vzw that this is not true.
    11-05-09 01:49 AM
    Isn't the only difference between Storm1 and Storm2 wifi connectivity? (which is a nice difference!) What else makes it worth the upgrade?
    11-05-09 10:38 AM
    More memory is a major difference.
    11-05-09 09:40 PM
    this prob means that once the essex comes out tour users will get to switch?? no?
    11-05-09 09:58 PM
    Quite a few differences. Personally, I think the biggest thing is the change in how they designed the s2 screen interaction.
    11-05-09 09:58 PM
    I called VZ yesterday and asked for an early upgrade, the rep told me sure. I purchased the storm1 on launch day, so I was short of the one year by a few weeks. Rep said I would have to pay a $20 upgrade fee, but I think they waived it, so what the OP is posting may be true. Does anyone know if Best Buy is selling the Storm2, it's not on there website. I am adding a second line and doing the BOGO offer, but would like to avoid the whole mail-in rebate thing if possible.
    11-05-09 10:00 PM
    this prob means that once the essex comes out tour users will get to switch?? no?
    I Hope so it'd be nice
    11-06-09 11:54 AM
    If vzw is offering somewhat of a "Deal" isn't that an admission that the S1 was less than ready for prime time? Obviously, the official OS is the same on both units but lets face it folks: The hardware on the S1 is a joke! I'm only 6 months into my contract with the S1 & will stick with this thing until it finally bites the dust. Overall, it's not so horrendously bad but I guess one might best describe the hardware of the S1 as the wrong execution of the right idea! Anyway, we signed the contract & that's that. At $279.99 with a MIR, it makes no sense whatsoever to fork over that much dough for an S2 but will see what happens in another year & a half with the S2 & how it all pans out. Best to all.

From the South end of Lake Erie.
    11-06-09 12:55 PM
    I think the big deal is that they are offering this early upgrade to Storm1 owners, not Pearl or Curve or other phones at Verizon, so maybe you're not feeling its such a sweet deal to you personally, but it is something not available to all Verizon customers!
    That still doesn't make it a good deal just because it is for Storm owners only. I don't own a Storm and don't have a Verizon plan and I can see that this is not a good deal.
    11-06-09 01:40 PM
    BOGO and $100 rebate makes this a sweet deal. How do I know? Because I did it.
    11-06-09 01:52 PM
    THIS IS TRUE! I talked to my corporate rep the other day and he told me the promotion is coming out in December! It'll probably be around 150 but lucky for me i have a $100 credit so ill get it for 50 bucks
    11-18-09 07:08 PM
    Got a mailing today offering early upgrade to Droid ($199) or Storm 2 ($179) for "select customers". Personally I am waiting on what will be available when I am eligible in late 2010. LTE baby!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 07:30 PM
    Hey guys, i just received this email about two hours ago from verizon. Its an early upgrade to the new DROID or STORM2 for $199. I'm 10 months into my two year contract, so it is true. Not available online, but you will get a number to call.
    1800-437-6132 see if this help!
    11-18-09 07:48 PM
    Eh this doesn't impress me. I will ride out this "Storm" and hopefully find a better device once my two years are up
    11-18-09 08:09 PM
    Verizon sent me an e-mail about a week or so ago offering me the chance to upgrade to the Storm 2 or the Android if I renewed my contract. Storm 2 for $179 and $199 for the Android.
    11-18-09 08:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD