Just something i have noticed its like this a lot of people at least from what i have seen upgraded from the voyager to the storm 1 and now alot of people are going from storm 1 to the motorola droid its like we were somewhat let down by voyager.....then storm 1 wasnt bad but everyone knows it has flaws better than iphone but the droid seems to be the complete phone. when reviewers say that they will be buying this phone as their own personal device i think google and moto are doing something right. Storm 2 played with it and it just seems like a incorrect perception of a click. I have a dime behind my battery door and it clicks great. Idc about the screen moving really but the click is just to hard and tiring i think on the storm2 and its things that should have been on storm 1 its not even an upgrade in my eyes pointless to waste money on cause wifi isnt great, even if you get one that works, and the click suck imo. the buttons should have been connected and idc bout screen wiggle really. theres no difference cause 5.0 my memory nevers goes below 30 just pointless imo......droid here i come....maybe when blakcberry gets there act together and stops making these kind of garbage devices then ill hit you up but for now im going into the future.
    11-04-09 01:08 PM
    Wow, so glad you shared that.
    11-04-09 01:27 PM
    Yeah, there's another 30 seconds I'll never get back.
    11-04-09 01:32 PM
    Lol at blackberry devices being garbage. Enjoy your droid. I love my BB and I also plan to at least check out the droid. The people that make these type of threads are really annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 02:15 PM
    i think you should try the storm 2 thats right out of the box. display units were that great for me untill i tried the one that they took out of the box. typing wise, you dont have to press as hard. just a quick tap and you should be able to click the screen. its design to able to type faster. i type way faster on my storm 2 vs my storm 1. imo, i think the storm 2 is a great device vs the first storm 1. overall, the storm 2 should of been what the storm 1 is on launch day a year ago.
    11-04-09 02:32 PM
    I just played with a co-workers storm 2 for about 2 hours. I am not impressed at all. The screen still feels very cheap IMO. Typing was a little faster but honestly nothing to write home about. I love my tour, but miss the big screen, I will be checking out the Droid on Friday for sure also
    11-04-09 02:37 PM
    i believe the droid was built for what the ads verizon is putting out were built for to try and beat the iphone. so if you want an iphone or iphone killer, and a fun phone to play with the droid is definitly the way to go i wont hate on you at all, but the storm 2 is a blackberry touch screen. its not built to be an iphone killer or to have fun and play games and play with cool apps all day, it is meant for what every other blackberry is meant for business, and getting the job done. having your job in your pocket when your not at your desk. its a blackberry for people who prefer touch screens but want all the blackberry funtionality. lets not compare the storm or much improved storm 2 to iphone killers thats not its purpose.
    11-04-09 02:39 PM
    Maybe we should make a S2 vs Droid sub forum! LOL
    11-04-09 02:39 PM
    i believe the droid was built for what the ads verizon is putting out were built for to try and beat the iphone. so if you want an iphone or iphone killer, and a fun phone to play with the droid is definitly the way to go i wont hate on you at all, but the storm 2 is a blackberry touch screen. its not built to be an iphone killer or to have fun and play games and play with cool apps all day, it is meant for what every other blackberry is meant for business, and getting the job done. having your job in your pocket when your not at your desk. its a blackberry for people who prefer touch screens but want all the blackberry funtionality. lets not compare the storm or much improved storm 2 to iphone killers thats not its purpose.
    Come on man, the Storm and Storm2 were made for the sole purpose of competing with the iPhone.
    11-04-09 02:42 PM
    Come on man, the Storm and Storm2 were made for the sole purpose of competing with the iPhone.
    couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Business Vs Toy is a record I'm getting tired of people playing.

They are ALL TOYS, GADGETS, GIZMOS! ALL OF THEM!

You want to work go to your office, get a laptop, use skype with your VZW Wireless Datacard.

Dear Baby Jesus, please make em stop fighting and just love the toys they have. Help them see that they don't need to defend their decisions to us, only themselves.... and maybe their spouse when they see the price tag. Amen
    11-04-09 02:49 PM
    yeah i played with the floor model once verizon opened on launch day and idt imo that it could be any worse. its not much of an upgrade in my eyes. and phonemaster123 obviously you are not much of a master cause the storm 1 is definitely a wanna be iphone killer not necessarily storm2 ill give you that. lynx i agree with 100000% its just not that great. verizon did not push this phone hard at all probably because they let down alot of people with first one and why have the same thing happen again. I remember first day i waited to get storm 1 i loved it i really did but when you see people with the iphone walking it playing with it for five seconds as well as the storm2 and just laughing and walking away. I dont want to hear it is cause the iphone has great apps I am talking about a phone, texting, calls, everything other than apps the iphone is just better at(except for coverage) If i would have gotten the storm2 and found out my wifi didnt work like half of them it didnt or whatever i would be furious like come on seriously? I believe blackberry did a good job at the design of the storm2 it just isnt what people want when they have a storm 1 its just status like woah! i got a storm2 and its basically the same thing as a storm 1. if they really did somehting different with the OS like add better graphics then i could see it but NOPE....FAIL!!! From the day i saw the droid first photo or mock up i said that phone looks so awesome and i don't care if people think its a iphone wanna be because motorola even said as well as reviewers its targeted against the aging BLACKBERRY OS, windows mobile, palm which is dead anyways and it is meant to be fast productive and a good experience which is what Android is.
    11-04-09 09:48 PM
    The storm1 and 2 were made so RIM could have touchscreen BB. Not to compete with any one device.
    11-04-09 09:59 PM
    yeah i played with the floor model once verizon opened on launch day and idt imo that it could be any worse. its not much of an upgrade in my eyes. and phonemaster123 obviously you are not much of a master cause the storm 1 is definitely a wanna be iphone killer not necessarily storm2 ill give you that. lynx i agree with 100000% its just not that great. verizon did not push this phone hard at all probably because they let down alot of people with first one and why have the same thing happen again. I remember first day i waited to get storm 1 i loved it i really did but when you see people with the iphone walking it playing with it for five seconds as well as the storm2 and just laughing and walking away. I dont want to hear it is cause the iphone has great apps I am talking about a phone, texting, calls, everything other than apps the iphone is just better at(except for coverage) If i would have gotten the storm2 and found out my wifi didnt work like half of them it didnt or whatever i would be furious like come on seriously? I believe blackberry did a good job at the design of the storm2 it just isnt what people want when they have a storm 1 its just status like woah! i got a storm2 and its basically the same thing as a storm 1. if they really did somehting different with the OS like add better graphics then i could see it but NOPE....FAIL!!! From the day i saw the droid first photo or mock up i said that phone looks so awesome and i don't care if people think its a iphone wanna be because motorola even said as well as reviewers its targeted against the aging BLACKBERRY OS, windows mobile, palm which is dead anyways and it is meant to be fast productive and a good experience which is what Android is.
    Is the Return key on your keyboard broken? Geez...block paragraphs made of one long run-on sentence are annoying to read and make you look uneducated.

And PLEASE can we stop making a new "Droid vs. Storm2" thread every other thread? These are filling up the forum like freaking swine flu!
    11-04-09 10:11 PM
    Wow. This thread is missing a lot of punctuation. My eyes actually hurt from trying to decipher the wall of text on my poor Curve. Can't wait to get the Storm2, so I can more easily read drivel.

11-04-09 10:13 PM
    Ugh. These storm 2 vs droid threads are so stimulating. Go buy the droid. I hope you love it

11-04-09 10:18 PM
    Wow. This thread is missing a lot of punctuation. My eyes actually hurt from trying to decipher the wall of text on my poor Curve. Can't wait to get the Storm2, so I can more easily read drivel.

oh dont worry, yours eyes would hurt even if you were reading this on the storm2
    11-04-09 10:21 PM
    Just my $0.02. No phone is perfect. I have several friends with iPhones and of course they love it but it has issues they wish it didn't. I've read a few reviews of the DROID (i.e. Engadget) and this phone too sounds like it has it's ups and it's downs. I honestly could give to farts from a rat's a*s what reviews think because in the end it's the end user's prefrences that deturmine the value of the phone. I personally enjoy my storm (especially since 5.0). It does what I need and alot of what I like.
    And a side note........I do believe that the S1 adds were geared in the same direction as the DROID....... any takers as to if it will succeed??????
    11-04-09 10:38 PM
    I agree with most on this thread. Droid is a better phone, but it is not a blackberry. If you want a smoking hot phone, get the droid: there's nothing like it. If you want a blackberry, get the tour, storm2 or the 9700 (that one is gonna rock).
    11-04-09 11:18 PM
    I have a Storm 1. Sure it can get a little laggy at times, and the browsing experience isn't that great.

But, I've never dropped a call. That alone is worth the price of admission.........
    11-04-09 11:27 PM
    Here we go with another droid vs storm2 thread

11-05-09 01:02 AM
    Ooowwwww....

Ooowwwwwwwwwwwww......

My head hurts.

Oh ya. Go Droid! Lol. Seriously, I personally believe they're both great phones. I played with the Storm 2 for a few days now (in store only). Nearly sold a guy on the phone today actually while waiting to buy Droid accessories (they wouldn't sell them to me ).

Ooowwwwww. I think that block of text hurt. Feels like he just smacked me in the forehead. I wonder if the ice machine has enough ice to stop this pain?
    11-05-09 01:16 AM
    Just something i have noticed its like this a lot of people at least from what i have seen upgraded from the voyager to the storm 1 and now alot of people are going from storm 1 to the motorola droid its like we were somewhat let down by voyager.....then storm 1 wasnt bad but everyone knows it has flaws better than iphone but the droid seems to be the complete phone. when reviewers say that they will be buying this phone as their own personal device i think google and moto are doing something right. Storm 2 played with it and it just seems like a incorrect perception of a click. I have a dime behind my battery door and it clicks great. Idc about the screen moving really but the click is just to hard and tiring i think on the storm2 and its things that should have been on storm 1 its not even an upgrade in my eyes pointless to waste money on cause wifi isnt great, even if you get one that works, and the click suck imo. the buttons should have been connected and idc bout screen wiggle really. theres no difference cause 5.0 my memory nevers goes below 30 just pointless imo......droid here i come....maybe when blakcberry gets there act together and stops making these kind of garbage devices then ill hit you up but for now im going into the future.
    One Word Push E Mail I wont do without it for any reason. Will the Droid Push Email as well as a Blackberry handset? If so it has my vote, If not its just a big paper weight with a flip out key pad to me.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 11-05-09 at 01:30 AM.
    11-05-09 01:28 AM
    I have a Storm 1. Sure it can get a little laggy at times, and the browsing experience isn't that great.

But, I've never dropped a call. That alone is worth the price of admission.........
    Trust me, that's the network. Not the Storm!
    11-05-09 01:38 AM
    Read the final reviews on the Droid.. Many are saying that the keyboard and camera are flawed badly.

I see the Droid being overhyped just like the Palm Pre was..And we all know how that turned out.

Last edited by jhamilton3; 11-05-09 at 02:24 AM.
    11-05-09 02:20 AM
    Do you remember how Verizon pushed the Storm last year? Bill Boards all over yadda yadda yadda. Then they introduced it full of buggy software. This is why Verizon is not pushing the Storm2 this year. This year its the Droid all I can say is let the buyer beware Verizon is notorious for dropping phones into the publics hands that are really beta testers and not really a finished product.
    11-05-09 03:34 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD