ok so i just downloaded 5.0.238 and i was updating my bold and everything seemed fine but now its stuck on the orange att start up screen and the progress bar has stopped moving its been a lil over 30mins
    im getting worried
    please help
    11-04-09 12:40 PM
    It happens, pull the battery and re-insert the battery and you should be good to go.
    11-04-09 12:44 PM
    Where can you get 5.0? Is it a stable OS?
    11-04-09 01:49 PM
    ok so i just downloaded 5.0.238 and i was updating my bold and everything seemed fine but now its stuck on the orange att start up screen and the progress bar has stopped moving its been a lil over 30mins
    im getting worried
    please help
    During the initial reboot during os installation, the progress bar can seem stuck for as many as 45 mins or more... That's because the OS has been transferred from PC to berry, but your berry needs to unpack, sort, organize, store, rearrange and clean up the packages from its move, the wizard just transports data to your device and moves it inside, your berry actually installs, so, be patient and btw, DO NOT EVER DO A BATT PULL DURING INSTALLATION unless you want to brick your berry or lose your restore data or cause other probs...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 03:19 PM
    Yeah, it takes awhile if you have a slow computer too. Just be patient. In some cases, it may be up to an hour.
    11-04-09 03:20 PM
    Plenty of people had the same problem with the installation of this particular build hanging on the AT&T screen for way too long and they all did the battery pull without any problems so it should be fine. The installation basically stalls, the bp just brings it back to where it was and kicks it back in again.
    11-05-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD