I have two accounts on my BB, a business yahoo-hosted one with my domain, and a gmail one. On my computer, I access both through Entourage (Mac Outlook). It's set to pull emails from the servers every minute, and not leave copies there, so I quit it when I leave the office. When I get back and open Entourage up, the yahoo emails on my BB are sucked off, which is what I want. However, it doesn't suck off the gmail emails. Both accounts are set up the same way on my BB and on the BB email settings site. How do I get the gmail messages sucked off automatically?
    05-14-08 12:16 AM
    Unfortunately this is the way Gmail works.

Messages deleted on your BB get deleted from your computer.

Messages deleted on your computer don't usually (it happens sometimes) get deleted from your BB. These you have to to go onto the device and delete manually.
    05-14-08 12:18 AM
    What do you mean by "sucked off", not really understanding you there...
    05-14-08 12:43 AM
    he means deleted
    05-14-08 12:46 AM
    The problem lies in how Gmail works. I have noticed that when you delete Gmail messages off the handset & the server using your BB, the messages are completely removed from both. However, since Gmail uses a deleted or trash folder, when you delete thru Gmail you are only marking the messages for deletion (which Gmail then hides) and not really removing the messages. The only way to remove them from the handset too is to permanently delete them on Gmail, which is an extra step.
    05-14-08 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD