Anyone getting this? Seems it is only locking up during replies. I have to pull the battery. Happens few times a day !?
    11-03-09 08:44 PM
    Having the exact same problem and have no idea how to fix it. I'm also now having problems of not being able to see replies. Thinking of just going back 4.7
    11-04-09 12:24 AM
    same with me. I have the most up to date O.S. how do you revert to 4.7?
    11-04-09 01:36 AM
    Welcome to 5.0
    I think I'm going back also

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 04:58 AM
    if by freeze you mean, it won't open the SMS message just sits there ... there is temp fix .........
    just got to compose / SMS / pretend your sending a message to that same person, click OK and it will open the conversation back up.
    11-04-09 06:16 AM
    Thanks for the replies but it seems more than a freeze. As I am in the middle of typing it stops responding. And then no keys work on the screen or on the unit themselves (menu, esc). I cannot do anything!

So it looks like it is more than just me - and not just my unit ?
    11-04-09 06:53 AM
    this is a hardware issue certain phones have with 5.0. you either have to go back to 4.7, or go to verizon and get a replacement. they don't ask too many questions, just make sure you get one with the 5.0 software preloaded. totally fixed this for me.
    11-04-09 08:11 AM
    gotta love offical OS bugs.. hmmm wish they would just fix these from the get-go
    11-04-09 09:16 AM
    I've been having this problem as well, but I connected to DM today and there was a minor core update. My Storm then rebooted out of nowhere about 15 minutes later and I've so far sent a couple texts and BBM's with no issues. I'll come back in a few hours to let you guys know if my phone starts freezing again. If I don't come back, that is good news.
    11-04-09 01:21 PM
    Thanks for the replies but it seems more than a freeze. As I am in the middle of typing it stops responding. And then no keys work on the screen or on the unit themselves (menu, esc). I cannot do anything!

So it looks like it is more than just me - and not just my unit ?
    Mine was doing the same. I called VZW and should have my replacement unit no later than tomorrow.
    11-04-09 01:23 PM
    Yes, I have this happen multiple times. Also happens in e-mail.

I'm quite sure it's the "word lookup" function completely freezing. Requires battery pulls each time

Some transmissions work fine. Other times you start typing and it will hard lock.
    11-04-09 01:33 PM
    same problem here.... plus could not change calender options....called warrenty and got my free replacement today and its working fine
    11-04-09 01:35 PM
    if by freeze you mean, it won't open the SMS message just sits there ... there is temp fix .........
    just got to compose / SMS / pretend your sending a message to that same person, click OK and it will open the conversation back up.
    yeah temp fix nails that..... it gets very annoying when you in a conversation with someone though......especially if you have been drinking and are trying to drive home in the rain and you gotta do that everytime to reply! lol
    11-04-09 01:38 PM
    same problem here.... plus could not change calender options....called warrenty and got my free replacement today and its working fine
    you need to specify what OS is on that full replacement unit to stay relevant to the discussion
    11-04-09 02:07 PM
    /facepalm, this is ridiculous. Happening to me too, wtf RIM?
    11-04-09 02:16 PM
    Well, I'm back and on the line with a Verizon tech rep. I'm wiping the device and going to restore it and see if that helps. If not, I guess I'm getting a refurbished mess in return. I'll keep you posted.
    11-04-09 04:34 PM
    Mine was doing that a lot, but I switched back to the default theme, and haven't had the problem since.

Maybe it's cause by the theme not being compatible? wasn't every message just randomly.

jay
    11-04-09 04:58 PM
    you need to specify what OS is on that full replacement unit to stay relevant to the discussion
    same as the one i sent back 328
    11-05-09 06:33 AM
    Okay, I called VZW and they are going to send me a replacement unit tomorrow. Apparently this is more common than they would like to admit. Anyhow, apparently, there is no fix because the unit was defective.
    11-05-09 06:55 AM
    I'd like to know how the brand new unit I have is 'defective' lol... This is absolutely pathetic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 12:01 PM
    it happened to me also... but only when the thread gets long (as in several messages sent back and forth to one person). So i just delete the thread after a fair amt. of messages have been sent back and forth then continue texting, and it doesn't freeze. Obviously if there is an exchange of important information this could be annoying, but so far it hasn't failed me.
    11-05-09 02:32 PM
    yeah temp fix nails that..... it gets very annoying when you in a conversation with someone though......especially if you have been drinking and are trying to drive home in the rain and you gotta do that everytime to reply! lol

yea that drinkin and driving while texting is a ***** .......lololol
    11-05-09 03:00 PM
    my replacement i got for my calender issue is doing this..... now i am getting third replacement in a week.... it should be here tuesday they say.....after 5-6 i think im gonna request a S2 cause they get better reception at the house anyway
    11-06-09 03:23 PM
    Im getting this same problem, and its starting to really annoy me because I love all the other changes in the new update.

Im going to try and find a thread on the proper way to wipe and reinstall an o.s. I just dont want to make any more problems by doing something wrong.

but from what im hearing it seems that wiping and reinstalling hasnt really worked for anybody. has anybody had any success with this, im basically just doing it for the sake of saying I did it if I have to end up getting another replacement. I had a replacement sent a few months ago because my original storms screen became unresponsive in a few areas. and my new storm is starting to not click as well in certain areas.

so if my only bet is to try and get a replacement I would like to know, thanks
    11-06-09 03:30 PM
    I went and had mine replaced at a verizon store and they we're great there. Swapped everything over to a new Storm for me and the new one works SOOO Much better. Much more responsive then the previous one. They claimed that they are the same hardware but I disagree. Something is different(BETTER)
    11-16-09 02:34 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD