So i bought a silicon cover today at best buy, and ever since it has been on my phone the back button has been not working, as soon as i take it off it works perfectly, anyone else experiencing this problem or this a specific device problem?
    11-03-09 07:41 PM
    Thinking it's the device...
    Never heard of a cover causing issues with the back button...
    unless...
    What does the cover look like?

I bought a couple for $4.00 each on ebay and they works great...
    11-03-09 08:39 PM
    I bought a silicone cover today also but I've not experienced any problems with the back button

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 08:39 PM
    Guess its my device
    11-03-09 08:56 PM
    Thinking it's the device...
    Never heard of a cover causing issues with the back button...
    unless...
    What does the cover look like?

I bought a couple for $4.00 each on ebay and they works great...
    I bought the regular blue 9550 silicon cover, by Blackberry
    11-03-09 08:56 PM
    I also picked a a silicon cover at my local Verizon store ealier today and I haven't had any issues so far.

11-03-09 08:58 PM
    It is a design flaw with the phone. Try setting the phone down and pushing the bb button or back button... it likely won't work. For some reason the buttons work best when the phone is in your hand, and the cover is likely screwing with the angle that you are pushing the button.
    11-03-09 09:15 PM
    I took my cover off and I am still having a problem with the back button.
    11-08-09 07:15 AM
    Yeah my back button doesn't always work when I lay it down on a hard surface.
    As soon as I pick it up, it works fine.... Lol
    11-08-09 07:36 AM
    My buttons work with my phone laying flat.

11-08-09 08:26 AM
    likewise I use the silicon case with my s2 the back button seems fine. The only problem I have is sometimes when its on flat surface the buttons won't click until its picked up

11-08-09 08:28 AM
    the silicon cover from Verizon store that cost 15 bulks it a design flaw, if u look closely at times u cant push the end button or the call button due to the edges and corner of the case that fill in that small thin gap that makes it impossible to push at the buttons (tested when i couldn't push the button and once i reposition the silicon case away from the gap it works instantly)
    11-08-09 09:01 AM
    I put my phantomskinz on mine last night and my back button is acting up as well. Which makes me sad becuase I LOVE the way it looks and feels on the storm. It went on well (except I am not patient and it was like wallpapering an very, very small room LOL) The only thing I can think is maybe the centering slightly off by the tiny slightest bit! I am a perfectonist thought and I was there with TWEEZERS!!!!! I think itis just coincidence though.
    Anyhow the backbutton acts up in may hand, on the table, wherever. It is annoying. I am wondering whatever makes theat area work is just really sensitive. It gave be a little trouble here and there (almost always laying flat) but now it's super dooper bad.
    Last edited by Summiebee; 11-08-09 at 06:17 PM.
    11-08-09 09:14 AM
    It is a design flaw with the phone. Try setting the phone down and pushing the bb button or back button... it likely won't work. For some reason the buttons work best when the phone is in your hand, and the cover is likely screwing with the angle that you are pushing the button.
    My buttons all work when laid flat.

???
    11-08-09 09:25 AM
    Has anyone asked blackberry why the back button intermittently doesn't work? How to fix it?
    11-26-09 02:06 PM
    I am having the same problems, when my Otterbox impact cover is installed... Going to try Both Blackberry and Otterbox, guess they will both tell me its the others fault!
    12-02-09 08:54 AM
    I use to have the back button problem as well but i put a piece of thin paper inside the battery compartment. just for the heck of it to see if it would make it better. and it did it now clicks everywhere even on a flat surface or slicone case. just try it. if it doesnt work you can always take it back.
    12-02-09 09:29 AM
    Had the same problem on my phone with the silicone skin I bought at Verizon.

Seems to have something to do with the way the plastic wraps around the screen.
    12-02-09 10:33 AM
    Yeah my back button doesn't always work when I lay it down on a hard surface.
    As soon as I pick it up, it works fine.... Lol
    i thought mine was the only one doing that cuz my friends works fine on a hard surface.. but it doesn't really bother me since i type better with it in my hands haha
    12-02-09 11:51 AM
    i bought a silicone case from verizon and it works just fine. only thing i dont like is that it attracts dust and other crap
    12-02-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD