Hi guys

I was wondering if it's possible to change settings in the 8310 so that the phone will just ring out rather than going to voicemail? It's kind of frustrating when I am out and I have it in my pocket, I feel it vibrate, I go into my pocket, then I'm removing it from the leather case, and just as I'm about to press the green button, it goes to missed call...

Hope someone can help with this if it's possible.

Thanks

Steve.
    11-03-09 11:22 AM
    It is the network, not the phone, that controls call routing. There is nothing in your phone you can change.
    11-03-09 11:45 AM
    Right ok.

I'll give them a ring in the morning to see if I can get them to do anything about it.

Thanks for your help.
    11-03-09 11:50 AM
    You could ask your provider if you could stop subscribing to Voice Mail.

This might not be the "best" fix if you want it later...
    11-03-09 12:51 PM
    I had the exact same problem. Called my provider (Alltel) and asked if there was something they could do to lengthen the time of the ring and they said they could, and they did, and now it rings twice as long and I have PLENTY of time to answer before it goes to voice mail.
    11-03-09 02:30 PM
    If your vm is full, no one can leave a messgae... not sure if you want to do that though. Best bet is to check with provider.
    Last edited by BerryInsane; 11-04-09 at 12:02 PM.
    11-03-09 02:42 PM
    Sorry, the length of time that the call initiates to the time that it rolls to voice mail is 32 seconds.

This setting can only be adjusted by your carrier. Some can't adjust it. It is fixed at 32 seconds.
    11-03-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD