Ok, so I upgraded to version 5.0.0.328 when verizon released it. I really like how much faster my storm has become but there are a few things that I just don't get. First, my themes are all screwed up, the only one that shows properly is th ugly default theme. I tried the applying a new background but that doesn't do it either. I still get white bars along the side in portrait mode. The icons don't redraw correctly when I scroll the screen and leave a motion blur effect. I can only move certain icons around my screen to reorganize them. Some, when I have them highlighted, I can not bring up the menu when I push the menu button. I have to highlight a different icon on screen and then I can get a menu, but that means that I can't move the icons around and get it the way I had it with the last version. The voice dialiing stinks, the voice gets extremely low when confirming what I said. It will be really loud when saying "did you say" and then get extremely soft when it says the contact name. There are no prompts to let you know it is listening for a response. I have gotten so used to waiting for the beep to speak, that the lack is actually annoying. I liked knowing when it was ready to listen. As far as the theme I am guessing I am going to have to wait for someone to release one I like that was made for this new version, but the other stuff is annoying and actually makes it harder to use. Oh, also the auto-correct was a lot better in the last one, now it just gives a list of possible words and most of the time blocks what I am typing. If anyone from blackberry reads this stuff, release a new update for this and bring back some of the older, better features. It is just like Windows, XP was great, Vista was ok once you got used to it, and Win 7 is near perfect because they actually listened to their customers, for once.
    11-03-09 10:43 AM
    THEMES WILL NOT WORK ON 5.0 UNTIL PLAZMIC UPDATES TO 5.0 all of these issues are talked about repeatedly in multiple threads...read some first and/or use the search function
    11-03-09 10:56 AM
    I have heard all the apologists for RIM/VZE on this voice dialing issue.

It is not my fault that the Voice dialing does not work..

It did work before the upgrade.

I don't care if it is only a problem on some phones,
    it is a problem on my phone.

It worked on the previous version.. My take is that a commercial descision
    was made to go to another voice recognition vendor. That is why the module requires training now in order to not work properly
    I also think that was a money issue ie: cheaper licensing fees.. As a result,
    on my phone it does not work.

If this got through testing with this "bug" there are only 2 possible explanations.
    1 They knew and said too bad for those who have the problem , It is cheaper for us.
    2 The testing is so poor that they missed it.
    Call me cynical but I vote for #1 .. Could the testing really be that bad ?
    Perhaps.
    Last edited by rorkin; 11-03-09 at 12:29 PM.
    11-03-09 11:27 AM
    THEMES WILL NOT WORK ON 5.0 UNTIL PLAZMIC UPDATES TO 5.0 all of these issues are talked about repeatedly in multiple threads...read some first and/or use the search function
    except... there is a work around to get the themes to work like they should.
    11-03-09 11:28 AM
    yes i know the workaround (change number of icon rows in screen options) i was doing this but it gets annoying and the memory leak associated with themes is ridiculous...plazmic needs to upgrade...i still can't believe they released .328 with a plazmic upgrade..before i took off my theme i was loosing 6-8mb of memory an hour and now i only gone down .5mb in over 2 hrs
    11-03-09 11:59 AM
    yes i know the workaround (change number of icon rows in screen options) i was doing this but it gets annoying and the memory leak associated with themes is ridiculous...plazmic needs to upgrade...i still can't believe they released .328 with a plazmic upgrade..before i took off my theme i was loosing 6-8mb of memory an hour and now i only gone down .5mb in over 2 hrs
    Agreed, i dont recommend themes to people even with the fix really. **** i ran a theme release yesterday that does actually work on OS 5 with the new fix for devs, it still leaks though. So its no win
    11-03-09 12:20 PM
    Anybody else having this problem? I'll be playing a game or even using the Password Keeper and the Storm will sort of reset itself or pause so that I have to hit "Continue" to get the game started again. It seems to do it every minute or so. Really annoying if you're in the middle of a game.
    11-03-09 02:15 PM
    I have heard all the apologists for RIM/VZE on this voice dialing issue.

It is not my fault that the Voice dialing does not work..

It did work before the upgrade.

I don't care if it is only a problem on some phones,
    it is a problem on my phone.

It worked on the previous version.. My take is that a commercial descision
    was made to go to another voice recognition vendor. That is why the module requires training now in order to not work properly
    I also think that was a money issue ie: cheaper licensing fees.. As a result,
    on my phone it does not work.

If this got through testing with this "bug" there are only 2 possible explanations.
    1 They knew and said too bad for those who have the problem , It is cheaper for us.
    2 The testing is so poor that they missed it.
    Call me cynical but I vote for #1 .. Could the testing really be that bad ?
    Perhaps.

I am having the same problem, its the only problem I am having with .328.

I have tried everything know to me and I still can not resolve the voice dialing isuue as it relates to Bluetooth connectivity. I had no problem with .323. I may have to downgrade as I live in a State with a handset law. Anyone have a suggestion?
    11-03-09 03:37 PM
    I disagree, I have been using the same custom theme since 4.7.0.151 and have had no problems with it functioning 100% in all builds except .140 due to the lack of audible notifications. SOME themes do not work correctly, There are quite alot of themes that DO NOT require any work around to perform completely normal on 5.0 firmware.
    11-03-09 05:13 PM
    I disagree, I have been using the same custom theme since 4.7.0.151 and have had no problems with it functioning 100% in all builds except .140 due to the lack of audible notifications. SOME themes do not work correctly, There are quite alot of themes that DO NOT require any work around to perform completely normal on 5.0 firmware.
    ok list them then?
    11-03-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD