I bought my storm 2 and the screen clicked and worked flawless! now two days later the bottom keys have click issues! They only want to click sometimes! Should I take it back? Is it harware issues?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 08:10 AM
    I've noticed this problem too. You aren't alone...
    11-03-09 08:34 AM
    Just picked up my S2 last evening, am noticing the screen does not click well, sometimes not at all in the lower left (green phone key). Going back today to see about a replacement. Otherwise no other obvious issues noted.
    11-03-09 10:26 AM
    I had the same issues. The send button was not clicking at times and the A key on the keyboard in portrait view wasn't either. I took the phone back to the store and they were like "nope it works" and it did after one started typing on the phone for a while, but as soon as i would leave the phone alone for a few minutes the issues would come back. I went to a second store and i told them the same thing and i got them to have the display phone and mine side by side. Finally the tech support guy saw that the send button was messed up and he replaced my phone right then and then.

You should take it back and don't take no for an answer. I was told the first time that this is common complain and that it was because i was pressing the edge of the screen and not above the icon. Go to several stores if you need. I now have an awesome storm that works really well. My only "complain" would the the vibrate function, although it is loud...it is not that strong, i can hear it but i can't feel it. :-/.

11-03-09 10:39 AM
    I hope this doesn't happen to mine I get it 2mar

11-03-09 10:41 AM
    I hope this doesn't happen to mine I get it 2mar

If it does do not leave the store without swapping the phone. Stick around for a bit and play with it. It you feel something is not right compare it to the display unit and see if there's a significant differnce.

11-03-09 10:47 AM
    I think there is a post in regards to this issue.
    11-03-09 10:51 AM
    I have had this issue, but it is usually remedied by making sure i press the buttons in the middle as opposed to on the sides of each button. Try to envision a line in between each of the 4 buttons on the bottom. The phone will not click if you try and click in between two of the buttons, or of you have moved your finger across one button to another. It seems like a protection mechanism to ensure you dont press two buttons at once
    11-03-09 10:53 AM
    Same problem for me...sometimes the phone button won't click! Lost several phone calls this way...couldn't answer the darn phone!

Determined that mine is assembled in Mexico, as opposed to others from Hungary or Canada. Wonder if that matters...
    11-03-09 12:20 PM
    Figures.... I JUST got the phone and I am noticing the same issue. SOB!
    11-04-09 08:17 PM
    i think the software has to be taylored for every screen. I notice on certain screens, it works flawlessly. But when its harder to click, its only on other screens with other keyboard layouts. I think this thing needs an OS update. It isnt an emergency right now but I can definately see that the screen is calebrated differently for different screens
    11-04-09 08:22 PM
    Im starting to think that sometimes the bottom buttons shut off to prevent an interruption of a current task. Then when the storm is done with what its doing the buttons turn back on.
    11-04-09 08:27 PM
    I had this issue and took it back today. The new one works like a charm and multi-touch works now too. I suggest a return and test the one in store to make sure it works. My TALK button was so bad I had to mash it to get it to work. Clicks perfectly now. Actually, the whole screen clicks better on the new one.
    11-04-09 08:35 PM
    wowwwwww, screen click issues with the storm 2?????? i had a storm 1 for a few months got tired of adding crap to the underneath of the battery door threw it in a drawer.... kind of suprised maybe i shouldnt be though that the storm2 has screen issues, glad the storm1 ruined BB touchscreen for me
    11-04-09 08:36 PM
    I get it sometimes... just on the "esc" key, making me think it's not a case of accidentally hitting two keys at once. If it was, I'd get the issue on other keys too. Based on the hardware, I can't see any way for that to lead to an issue with a single button either. So, it's software. A glitch or maybe a deliberate result of not interrupting a task (as mentioned previously).

I find a quick shake from vertical to horizontal or vice versa fixes it, or just press a different key and try again. Mildly annoying, but not enough to switch out the device... especially since I think it's software and a later OS will probably clear it up, if it can be cleared up.

Those looking to change out there phone... why wouldn't a virtual button work? Not likely due to hardware so if a new unit seems to work better, it's most likely that you're just going through a few days without coming across the issue.
    11-04-09 09:10 PM
    it is sporadic at best when it happens to mine. usually i swipe my finger across the screen. then click the button again. works fine.

im sure an update to OS will fix this. after all its probably not mechanical.
    11-04-09 09:23 PM
    it is sporadic at best when it happens to mine. usually i swipe my finger across the screen. then click the button again. works fine.

im sure an update to OS will fix this. after all its probably not mechanical.
    Agreed. Since the screen on S2 is piezo electric as opposed to the mechanical screen on S1, it has to be electrical impulses (powered by software) that is telling the button or screen to lock up. Hopefully an OS update or leak could solve this...
    11-04-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD