Please don't flame me the S2 will only be my second BB and I just want to make sure that I don't mess anything up. I'm due to receive my S2 tomorrow and I want to transfer all my stuff from my Tour to the S2. Can I just to a devise wizard to get everything transferred over?
    Thanks in advance for all your help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 11:04 PM
    Yes, its a really simple process.
    11-02-09 11:10 PM
    Yes, in the Blackberry Desktop Manager software you can click on a button that says, "Device Switch Wizard" and it'll store all your contacts, memos, tasks, settings, etc from your Tour---then you plug in your new Storm and all will be transferred. It'll even ask you if you want to delete all of this info from your old phone.
    11-03-09 01:16 AM
    Just make sure to backup your Tour first just in case you run into some problem (doubtful though).

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 04:47 AM
    Be sure to turn off the sync in the gmail plugin that's now included. I was wondering why I couldn't find my contacts on either one of my S2s and it was because gmail syncs your contacts....it deleted mine.
    11-03-09 06:38 AM
    Yea I backed up my Tour first then I just switched everything over to my S2 with no problem. Some APPs may not work being that they may not be compatable with the S2 but overall its a easy process.
    11-03-09 08:01 AM
    Yea I backed up my Tour first then I just switched everything over to my S2 with no problem. Some APPs may not work being that they may not be compatable with the S2 but overall its a easy process.
    how long did it take?
    11-03-09 05:04 PM
    how long did it take?
    Maybe 5 to 10 minutes. You can also go into the desktop messenger and see whats on your Tour and pick and choose what you want to transfer to your S2 or you can just move everything. It was real simple.
    11-03-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD