Birdman has released the newest version 4 of his AMAZING hybrid!

Download it here

(Support the hybrid scene and click the Google links or donate to birdman via the above link)

Cheers Crackberrians!

We will answer any questions regarding this hybrid to the best of our ability. =)
    11-02-09 08:14 PM
    this release is very experimental btw

so if you dont want to play around with that - don't update untill v4.1
    11-02-09 08:48 PM

What do you mean?
    11-02-09 09:14 PM
    Birdman... can you report on what changes you made since 3.1?
    11-02-09 09:18 PM
    Sorry Birdman... I found it on your thread.
    11-02-09 09:21 PM
    What do you mean?
    im just saying things might go wrong

im trying out some new things with how i build my hybrids, everyone ive talked to has had NO problems.
    11-02-09 10:34 PM
    1st hybrid I've ever used. Had 5.0 for a week and didn't like the mem lost. This OS is running w 26 mb free, never had more than 10 before. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 01:03 AM
    Thanks for the honesty birdman, I may try it out!
    11-03-09 07:46 AM
    I must add that this version works amazing. Don't worry about a thing - that's what hybrids are all about.. trial and error.. worst case scenario..back to v3.1 !
    11-03-09 12:19 PM
    I must add that this version works amazing. Don't worry about a thing - that's what hybrids are all about.. trial and error.. worst case scenario..back to v3.1 !
    Do I have to reinstall everything to go from 3 to 4 or can I just change the Java file on my computer and reload .cods or something
    11-03-09 01:25 PM

Hey Birdman, it's Pinkberry. We talked earlier. Go with V5 right??
    11-03-09 04:26 PM
    ok i'm lost.
    Can someone tell me how to upload the latest, best version of this hybrid, step by step from the beginning?

I tried it once, lost all my apps and contacts, and found it to eat a ton of memory and ram.

I wasn't happy with the version I tried a few days ago, and i think it's because i don't understand how to add/remove the additional cod files. I reloaded 4.5. I eventually found my backup files and am back to the beginning.

A request for us not-so savvy users (non-programmer types, but still relatively handy and adventurous):

Is there a version that's just all-inclusive, and "ready to go"?

That would be super.

P.s. Is it worth all the trouble to kick around these user-tweaked versions until the official release? How long is it going to be? Days? Weeks?
    11-03-09 06:33 PM
    Ok. First go to nathanix's site. Download the 5.0 OS installation software.

install the 5.0 software.

backup your bb and 3rd party apps with dm (theres a link on the nathanix page)

download the v4 .rar folder. copy the java into the java folder located at this directory:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330AMEA_v5.0.0.230_P3.5.0.30

use shrink a-os to remove any clutter, apps, or languages you dont want on your blackberry

then copy the blackberry.alx in that folder too.

use BBSAK to wipe your blackberry

use app loader in dm to install os 5

restore your bb and 3rd party apps.

enjoy

hopefully i didnt skip any steps and was relatively clear
    11-03-09 06:56 PM
    Running V4. No problems. Fixes MMS, clock settings and Media Player. Don't have BT headphones so I don't know if it fixes that. I may have to finally get a PayPal account just to support Birdman.

11-03-09 07:48 PM
    Just upgraded to V4... so far so good. V3 had some bad mem leak, but holding strong at 21megs.

nice job, birdman
    11-03-09 08:40 PM
    get live help with the hybrid, or just come and chat!

irc.freenode.net
    channel is #nathanix

if you dont know irc, follow the guide on the link below

Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Chat
    11-03-09 08:48 PM
    Already posted thhis on Nathanix, but I love this build. It works great. Good work Birdman.
    11-03-09 09:15 PM
    Birdman, I've been running the latest greatest build and its going good for me. The only two things I've found is that the GPS now won't lock in Google Maps (I'm on Sprint Btw) but it worked fine on the last build. Also, at the 1hr mark on calls, the phone shuts off and reboots. I know this is a known issue, but I'm sure that with your knowledge and expertise, you can nail this down.

11-03-09 10:32 PM
    ok fenderstrat. thanks for your advice

however, i've hit a snag.

WHen i finished with the process, i ended up with version .238, not .323. what did I do wrong? How do I fix it?
    11-03-09 11:08 PM
    For some reason, since I loaded this hybrid, my Outlook wont synch any new appointments. Running Office 2007.

No errors show in DM, but nothing transfers either. The only appointments I have is what transferred from my backup.
    11-03-09 11:58 PM
    ok fenderstrat. thanks for your advice

however, i've hit a snag.

WHen i finished with the process, i ended up with version .238, not .323. what did I do wrong? How do I fix it?
    Hey guys,

First time flashing a BB here. And yeah, I experienced the same issue as bschneider said. I have the .238 version as well
    11-04-09 02:58 AM
    Hey guys,

First time flashing a BB here. And yeah, I experienced the same issue as bschneider said. I have the .238 version as well
    If you press ALT SHIFT and H it should tell you that your version is .3whatever and not .238
    11-04-09 05:32 AM
    yea... going to About in Options will show .238 but hitting alt + shift + h shows you with .328

you should be just fine
    11-04-09 08:24 AM
    this is a cross post but...

anyone have any issues with the threaded sms?

i tried txting someone via address book, then clicking sms ______. but when the window opened, it just had my conversation with them, yet no text box to enter anything.

i tried all these different ways to find out how to txt that person, but it looks like i have to scroll down to see the last message of our previous conversation to type anything to them

anyone else have this problem / have a solution?
    11-04-09 08:58 AM
    If you press ALT SHIFT and H it should tell you that your version is .3whatever and not .238
    Sweet! Never knew that, thanks for the tip, and yeah I am at .328 Thanks guys.
    11-04-09 12:12 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD