My 3 yr old was caught with my new BB curve. I'm usually hard on phones and was considering an otther box. Do I see it right in that it comes with a case that also fits in a holster? If so, what keeps it from coming out of the holster? Also is the case part, not the holster, soft or it is made of hard plastic. Overall is it a good product?
    05-13-08 12:20 PM
    I don't have one, but I've only heard excellent things.

BUMP
    05-13-08 02:41 PM
    My 3 yr old was caught with my new BB curve. I'm usually hard on phones and was considering an otther box. Do I see it right in that it comes with a case that also fits in a holster? If so, what keeps it from coming out of the holster? Also is the case part, not the holster, soft or it is made of hard plastic. Overall is it a good product?
    They actually have several layers for protection, you can't just classify it as a soft or hard shell. Here is a video, not for the curve, but the idea is the same. Hope this helps answer your thoughts

Yahoo! Video Detail for Review: Otterbox 1933
    05-13-08 03:12 PM
    The Otterbox for my 8830 comes with a clear U-shaped piece that covers the back (battery) can wraps around the top and then covers the screen and the keyboard. The clear plastic has the keys molded into it. Over that snaps a two-piece plastic shell and over that is the rubber shell.

The entire thing then fits into a plastic holster which contains a standby magnet. You fit the BB (in case) into the holster with the screen facing inward. Since I don't use a belt clip, I managed to remove the spring clip and just use the holster to protect and sleep my unit when I hike, bike and x-country ski.
    05-13-08 04:08 PM
    The video really helped. I ordered an open box one today for $34 and I feel it will greatly enhance the durability of my BB curve. Thanks again for all the help.
    05-13-08 04:43 PM
    that thing is ridiculously huge! i know it greatly increases the durability of the phone but come on. i think i'll just make a conscious decision to break my berry
    05-14-08 02:19 AM
    Would the otterbox for the curve fit the 8330? Or do they have a special one for us?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 12:14 AM
    Go to their website. They tell you there what will fit what. Then go to Semsons & Co. Inc. and see if their price is better. You can usually order an open box one and save a little money.
    05-15-08 06:40 PM
    Otterbox is one of the best cases you'll ever own.
    05-15-08 06:43 PM
    Can anyone think why there are so many open box ones?
    Here's a clue: they get returned all the time! This is one accessory which, if you need, you won't question the decision. They are huge, and serve a very specific purpose.

05-16-08 10:43 AM
    I had been debating the purchase of one of these, then one of my converts got one for his Pearl.
    It does add some marginal bulk to the device, but not so much that you can't still easily carry it in a pocket if you're not crazy about holsters, as I'm not. And the protection level is superb.
    Needless to say, I have one on the way. Best 40 bucks I think I could spend.

05-16-08 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD