I am a relatively new S1 owner (Sept.1) so being that a new Storm came out less than 2 months later, I thought I'd see what could be done to get one. I talked to a rep and they told me that I would get a call back within 48 hours from a supervisor...I mentioned that I would obviously agree to extend the contract to fulfill the 2 years and pay $179.

48 hours came without a return call so I called again and left a VM with the same rep. I received a callback from another rep stating that they would let me get the phone for the 1 year price ($249).

I believe I'm going to pass on this one, but just wanted to put this out there in case others were in the same boat. Sorry so long....
    11-02-09 04:32 PM
    if I were you I would wait about 4 months....IMO the price will be a little more reasonable....especially if these new andriods come out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 04:34 PM
    I would do it if I were you, but I'm a BB geek. Storm is still a cool phone. Enjoy!
    11-02-09 04:39 PM
    Assuming your S1 is on 5.0.0.328 and you're happy with it...it's not worth the upgrade.

Not much is different between this and the S1 to justify paying that kinda coin for one.
    11-02-09 04:41 PM
    Assuming your S1 is on 5.0.0.328 and you're happy with it...it's not worth the upgrade.

Not much is different between this and the S1 to justify paying that kinda coin for one.
    That's what I'm thinking too.
    11-02-09 04:42 PM

I agree with this but I did get a S2. I was able to sell my S1 with accessories for the same price of my S2 after the rebate (180) so for me it was basically a swap.
    11-02-09 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD