Keep getting same icons on differnet apps. its like my iphone all over again.

11-02-09 02:55 PM
    wow, have not seen that yet in mine.
    11-02-09 02:58 PM
    I've had it happen in the last two days.
    11-02-09 02:59 PM
    I've seen this happen when you create or rename a default folder name. Once its happened, I was only able to correct it by wiping and reloading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 03:03 PM
    The only time I had that issue was before I actually downloaded and installed the app, and then they went back to normal.
    11-02-09 03:06 PM
    I had that as well. Only when Im changing themes though. A reboot usually fixes it.
    11-02-09 03:13 PM
    I had that as well. Only when Im changing themes though. A reboot usually fixes it.
    thats what i was hoping did two reboots and now 3 of my icons are browsers LOL .. its getting worse !
    11-02-09 03:20 PM
    I haven't had that happen on my S2, but it used to happen on my Curve sometimes. Usually after I switched to a new theme or downloaded an app. A battery pull should fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 03:23 PM
    Seeing that when I load a new app. Only looks like that before I run it for the first time.
    11-02-09 03:25 PM
    Some icons changing to just the browser or the regular email icon from the Yahoo email icon for example, have been reported with 5.x OS builds even on the S1. It's an OS/Service Book issue of some kind. For example, the Yahoo email icons reset to the regular email icon upon a battery pull on a S1 with 5.0.0.328 until email service books are resent. It is my belief that there's some wackyness happening with the info databases for these services on the phone itself.... an OS glitch if you will.
    11-02-09 03:27 PM
    Options>Applications>Add-on
    Remove MySpace app then reboot.
    Re-download MySpace app then reboot.

Should fix the issue. Try that for your other icons as well, you can also try hiding/show icon a few times and that might work too. Also for the reboots try to give 30 seconds before inserting battery.

Love my Storm2
    11-02-09 03:28 PM
    Some icons changing to just the browser or the regular email icon from the Yahoo email icon for example, have been reported with 5.x OS builds even on the S1. It's an OS/Service Book issue of some kind. For example, the Yahoo email icons reset to the regular email icon upon a battery pull on a S1 with 5.0.0.328 until email service books are resent. It is my belief that there's some wackyness happening with the info databases for these services on the phone itself.... an OS glitch if you will.
    ahh i see, its werid that its putting browser icons as myspace, and now , twitter lol... ugh when my 3gs did this i wanted to hang myself....

guess its just another reason for me to pray to the leak gods for 34X
    11-02-09 03:29 PM
    ahh i see, its werid that its putting browser icons as myspace, and now , twitter lol... ugh when my 3gs did this i wanted to hang myself....

guess its just another reason for me to pray to the leak gods for 34X
    Why? They are "Internet Apps"... it would be no different then putting Browser icons for icons that are actually Service Books app links (i.e.VPLs). I think it's a theme reader issue.
    11-02-09 03:32 PM
    Yes I've had a similar issue with my Yahoo email icon. Resending service books brings back the icon, however upon a reboot they disappear. Somehow or another upon reboot service books are lost or changed, but again like you said it is an OS glitch. But everything works as it should so thats good lol.
    11-02-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD