Just called VZW trying to push my upgrade, not ne 2, just my two year upgrade up two months. The csr quickly shot me down with a short no sir we can't push your date up. Do I call back and plead my case having had 4 Storms and a Tour. I don't want anything free just a two year contract price.
    11-02-09 01:41 PM
    Do you have any other lines eligible?

30 days is the general practice..
    11-02-09 01:51 PM
    No I have no other line eligible for upgrade. I guess I'll try one more time explaining how I've had all the refurbs and how I'd like to get away from BB. If that doesn't work I'll wait until December and try again. Thanks for the help bum.
    11-02-09 01:54 PM
    Call back and ask the CSR again. If they say no, calmly ask them to run it by their supervisor and to mention to said supervisor that you've had several issues with your current phones that required replacement and you're still not happy. You have no problem paying them your monthly bill and like their service, but in this perticular case, the phones they've provided for you have not been up to par and unfortunately (while it looks like you're just wanting to get the latest and greatest phone coming out), you're just looking at your available options. Up until now, nothing could make up the usability of the current handsets you have, even with all their problems, so you "dealt with it", now you're kindly asking them if they're interested in giving you a new 2 year contract for a new phone. They get your business for another year or two and you get a new handset. It's a win/win.
    11-02-09 02:02 PM
    Thanks Civic I'll try that in a few minutes. Soon as my phone finishes rebooting! lol
    11-02-09 02:07 PM
    No droid phones avaiable yet
    11-02-09 02:09 PM
    Only 4 more days!!
    11-02-09 02:12 PM
    Depending on ur tenure and ur payment history I'd prolly do 60 days w/ no discount but ud have to order via the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 02:47 PM
    Just the normal two year price minus the rebate. That's all I want.

11-02-09 02:53 PM
    Verizon used to be so lenient when it came to moving upgrade dates, but in the last 3-4 months they've really been coming down strict on it. It's not really up to the supervisor, btw, each rep has their own discretion.
    11-02-09 03:32 PM
    Bum I would sure like to find a rep like you.

11-02-09 04:03 PM
    Hahah, thanks. I'm in the west area so not likely you'd get me. Just don't go in demanding, or throwing out your credentials "customer for 500 years, pay all my bills on time pay this much per month blah blah." The reps can easily check all that stuff anyways. If you're just honest and courteous I'd bet you'd get a rep that will do it if you tell them you'll order through them (not go into a store).
    11-02-09 04:07 PM
    Thanks for the help.

11-02-09 04:08 PM
    I'm assuming this is a secondary line on your account, not primary?
    11-02-09 04:15 PM
    Question for you weekend, I have one of my secondary lines that's up for upgrade on the 6th (good timing eh!) and my primary line that I bought the storm on the day it came out last year.

Will I have to wait till the 21st or whenever to us the 1 year upgrade for my main line?

Thanks
    11-02-09 04:23 PM
    Well, it's a lot more difficult to move up an annual date versus a 20 month date because 1 year is already early. Depends on your tenure, payment history, previous credits etc...
    11-02-09 04:47 PM
    Yes it's for a secondary line that is eligible on 1-26-2010.
    11-02-09 04:54 PM
    So if I have a secondary line that is eligible for a new phone now, it would just be better to use that then trying to move my annual up from early February?

11-02-09 04:58 PM
    Yes. They especially won't move your annual up if you have another line for an upgrade
    11-02-09 05:05 PM
    well, I was able to move both my lines up early...my secondary line wasn't eligible for an upgrade until march 2010 (ne2); my line (primary) was moved up 15 days early (this line was eligible for an annual upgrade on 11/21/09)...so, it's possible...although it might help if you're a VIP member...
    11-02-09 05:49 PM
    Well if you're going to upgrade both at the same time, sure. However, if you just want one.. they'll make you either wait or use the secondary line.
    11-02-09 05:54 PM
    Yes our account has 4 lines and has vip status.

11-02-09 05:54 PM
    If CS won't do it, you could always try doing it in a store. A retail store manager has the authority to move your upgrade date up. My bet is that if you offered to buy the phone with all the accessories (which you could return later), they may be inclined to do it. I would suggest doing this a few days after the Droid comes out though.
    11-02-09 06:24 PM
    Good idea thanks.

11-02-09 06:44 PM
    If CS won't do it, you could always try doing it in a store. A retail store manager has the authority to move your upgrade date up. My bet is that if you offered to buy the phone with all the accessories (which you could return later), they may be inclined to do it. I would suggest doing this a few days after the Droid comes out though.
    That's what happened to me. I wasn't eligible for the early upgrade due to a technicality from switching from Alltel to Verizon. My retail friend spoke to his supervisor, and he approved me getting the upgrade. So Friday I am getting my Droid.
    11-02-09 07:21 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD