I have been searching CB and google to try to find my answer and I haven't found it yet.

When someone sends me an SMS Text from a phone other than a Blackberry, I receive the text under SMS Texts. When someone from a Blackberry sends me a regular text message, it shows up as an additional conversation under Blackberry messeanger and it notifies me there rather than in my SMS Texts. The text will still show in my SMS Text conversation list though.

How can I change it that My BB Messenger and SMS texting are completely separate? I have the option in BB Messenger for "Show Chats in Message Application" unchecked.

Anyone know how I can keep SMS Texts out of BB Messenger?
    11-02-09 10:18 AM
    This is a good Question...
    I didn't think it would be changeable, so I didnt bother to search or ask...lol...
    11-02-09 10:42 AM
    I believe it's an issue with having the pin associated with someone in your contact list.
    11-02-09 10:44 AM
    Same here....when my wife sends me a sms message the same applies...It comes in as being a message on BBM...very annoying....we both have the storm 1
    11-02-09 10:45 AM
    how can one stop the messages from showing up/showing a new msg indicator in the messages folder? S1 & S2
    11-02-09 10:49 AM
    I believe it's an issue with having the pin associated with someone in your contact list.
    Did you link your BBM contacts with their entries in your phone book? Try either removing the PIN from their phone book entry or removing the link from BBM to their phone book entry (in BBM select the contact and hit the BB key > remove link).

Not sure if either will help, but that would be my guess.
    11-02-09 10:50 AM
    I think it has to be somewhere. I recently upgraded from a Curve 8330 to the Storm2. My curve did not do it with BBM 5.0 installed. Everything was still separate. I am wondering if it is something to do with OS 5.0 that they consider a great new feature that you can't turn off.

Yes, I find it very annoying as well.
    11-02-09 10:51 AM
    how can one stop the messages from showing up/showing a new msg indicator in the messages folder? S1 & S2
    Uncheck the option mentioned in my original post and you will be good to go.
    11-02-09 10:53 AM
    thanx. i got the S2 and gave my wife the S1. she comes from the dumb phone world and it confuses her. one msg and too many spots to look for it. she'll come around...i hope...LOL

also, can you stop calls, sms,mms ect... from showing up as well in the message folder?
    Last edited by jtstretch; 11-02-09 at 10:59 AM.
    11-02-09 10:57 AM
    I just hide the icon. If I ever have a message that I am not able to find, I unhide it to find the message.
    11-02-09 11:07 AM
    Did you link your BBM contacts with their entries in your phone book? Try either removing the PIN from their phone book entry or removing the link from BBM to their phone book entry (in BBM select the contact and hit the BB key > remove link).

Not sure if either will help, but that would be my guess.

I believe that might have done it.

Thanks.

Now I just need to figure out why my one email account shows the little icon at the top of the home screen as a read email icon instead of unread sometimes.
    11-02-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD