sometimes after i bring my storm out of standby the bottom part of the screen seems *locked* and wont press

or sometimes it will just do it randomly, i then change the angle of the storm2 and it works

anyone have this issue?
    11-02-09 09:22 AM
    No issues like that to report on my end; sorry.
    11-02-09 10:16 AM
    Everyones doesthat. you almost have to be holding it, or plug it in for surepress. its capicitance as well as piezo
    11-02-09 10:17 AM
    sometimes after i bring my storm out of standby the bottom part of the screen seems *locked* and wont press

or sometimes it will just do it randomly, i then change the angle of the storm2 and it works

anyone have this issue?
    I have the same issue , im hoping its software releated as i cant see it being hardware .... We will have to wait and see if the new software fixes it , if not , swap it.
    11-02-09 10:17 AM
    I have not had this issue yet but i will post again if i do.
    11-02-09 10:19 AM
    I have this issue also.
    11-02-09 10:33 AM
    I had several issues with Storm 2 and returned it for a new set. I believe somehow there is a bad shipment of phones out there. I just had one working wonderfully, and I returned it because of browsing issues that verizon technical support couldn't resolved. I regret it, the one I have now, the screen doesnt release quick enought when I click it. So, going to return again.. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez
    11-09-09 08:14 PM
    Never had this issue. the bottom buttons always click even when the screen is locked
    11-09-09 08:18 PM
    No screen problems to report here. Mexico build that's had zero problems.
    11-09-09 08:22 PM
    I'm on my second storm 2. Both of the ones I had were made in Mexico. And I still have the screen issue. It's really annoying first was the screen wouldnt click well intermittently and so i swapped it at the store now the 2nd one is the same but just as worse and its harder for me to text. I dont know what the issue is but i also noticed on my screen the right side seems to be flush but on the left side it slopes down just slightly...anyone with any suggestions or ideas. It really is a pain to go back to Verizon and swap out my phones since desktop manager doesnt work for me ever...any help would be awesome.
    11-14-09 01:36 AM
    No such problems here. My launch day phone (made in Canada) so far seems perfectly solid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 08:02 AM
    I have this as well. Once in a while only though
    Scared to return it for my headset connection problem for fear of getting some other issue.

As soon as you pick it up it is fine. Types great amd very easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 08:35 AM
    Im not sure, but IMO, I think the button section is a little sensative. there are certain areas around the buttons that dont click and it seems that I have to be right on the button to get it work. I hope its just really sensative and not a defect.
    11-14-09 10:04 AM
    I'm starting to think this is an issue with the accelerometer. If I have the Storm in my car cradle in portrait, the bottom buttons don't click. Rotate the cradle to landscape...They click all day long. I will have to do some more experimenting, but its just a theory right now.
    11-14-09 10:10 AM
    I've had the same issues when the phone. If the phone is flat it doesn't work right. You can't click on the botton icons But when it's being held upright it clicks fine.
    11-14-09 12:04 PM
    I've had this issue too.

It only happens when the phone is on standby, or reboots itself.

If the screen is lit up, it should work fine. if the screen is not lit up, it may not click down.
    Last edited by Lumryan; 11-14-09 at 02:30 PM.
    11-14-09 02:28 PM
    Sounds very similiar to an issue I have been having, ocassionally the screen will go mad, I try and click something and it may open it but then returns straight back to the previous screen, or it will not work at all.

When this happens the screen seems to go very stiff.

Has anyone had any experience with this?
    11-14-09 04:47 PM
    They shouldn't do that. Check out this post:http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/3r...-charm-363067/
    11-14-09 06:00 PM
    Same problem here. Sitting at the Verizon store right now trying to get it fixed.
    11-14-09 07:05 PM
    yeah i had the same problem today. turned the phone off and then back on and it worked fine.
    11-14-09 07:14 PM
    The point is you should't have to do that!
    11-14-09 07:15 PM
    Any fix for voice fading & call disconnect on S2?
    11-24-09 03:58 AM
    Any fix for voice fading & call disconnect on S2?
    I don't know if you did this yet, but the S2 comes loaded with stuff you might not use, so I would do a wipe with JL and load the OS fresh, then add apps one by one from there, if it still does it then I would bring it back!
    11-24-09 06:54 AM
    had the same issue with my second storm 2 - send key would not press no matter what i did.. third one works great - canadian made.
    11-24-09 07:44 AM
    I had several issues with Storm 2 and returned it for a new set. I believe somehow there is a bad shipment of phones out there. I just had one working wonderfully, and I returned it because of browsing issues that verizon technical support couldn't resolved. I regret it, the one I have now, the screen doesnt release quick enought when I click it. So, going to return again.. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez
    This happened to me TWICE. The screen was horrible. Returned it for a 3rd time and got one with a perfect screen.
    11-24-09 08:16 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD