Figured I'd start a thread on this because i know some have already had issues and as the phone ship out, more people will notice them.

Okay so far on the list:

1. Yahoo Messenger (v.2.0.46) receives error "Service not enabled for this handheld"

**Update**
    Contacted Sprint Blackberry support - Tech gave me the link for the sprint service book for Yahoo Version 2.0.
    Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, Online Storage, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Send Files
    Use Desktop Manager to load this service book to your phone, then resend the service books from sprint.
    IT FINALLY WORKS!!

2. At least for my phone at least, when using a 4GB MicroSD card (mostly when playing videos) the phone restarts on its own, and then freezes on the main OS screen after the phone restarts.

**Update**
    Tried a different 4GB card and the same thing happens. Phone also works fine without the SDCard.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by optimus; 05-14-08 at 08:09 PM.
    05-13-08 07:26 AM
    1. Sprint TV keeps asking to verify Certificates. You cannot even force the BB to trust the cert. It just keeps popping up this meesage and ruins the whole idea of the Sprint TV.

2. The headphone jack is jacked up! I dunno if anyone else has this problem, but it takes some sliding in and out of the jack to get the sound to come through the headset. Very aggrevating!

3. I SCRATCHED THE SCREEN DAMN IT! LOL
    05-13-08 07:39 AM
    Sprint TV works like a charm for me. I'll try the headphone jack today.
    05-13-08 07:43 AM
    1. Sprint TV keeps asking to verify Certificates. You cannot even force the BB to trust the cert. It just keeps popping up this meesage and ruins the whole idea of the Sprint TV.

2. The headphone jack is jacked up! I dunno if anyone else has this problem, but it takes some sliding in and out of the jack to get the sound to come through the headset. Very aggrevating!

3. I SCRATCHED THE SCREEN DAMN IT! LOL
    In answer to #1

Make sure you have a valid BB Plan on your Sprint account (Call sprint if your not sure).

Also re-send all service books back to your phone (BlackBerry Internet Service)

Re-register your phone with the sprint network.
    (Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> Menu (Register now)
    05-13-08 08:19 AM
    I had the same problem, kept asking for a key store password, I seached and searched but could not find out where this key store comes from, the help talks about it but not how to set it, reset it etc. I ended up entering the wrong password 10 times and it did a memory clean and reset. afterword, sprint tv worked.

I also have the same problem with yahoo saying it is not enabled.
    05-13-08 08:23 AM
    I am having the same issue with Yahoo Messenger. I am on the phone with BB Tech Support right now to see if it can be resolved. It's not a big deal for me though, as I don't use it that much.
    05-13-08 08:29 AM
    IamGov- Close out of Sprint TV and go into options>secuity options>certificates> find the sprint tv one and trust it from there. That worked for me. Hope it helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 08:48 AM
    I have NO issues w/ my Curve whatsoever, so I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Oh but wait...

...I don't have the Curve yet :-(. But once I get it by the end of the week; I'll be able to contribute to this convo.

But oh how great would it be to not even be able to start threads like this...but then again, that would mean THE PERFECT, FLAWLESS phone has been invented.

Not gonna happen.

Yes, you apple fanboys/girls...not even your beloved iphone's perfect.

05-13-08 09:00 AM
    I don't think Yahoo messenger is available on the Sprint network. When I got my 8830, the only thing that was available was AIM. You have to get JiveTalk, or a similar program to be able to use the other messaging programs.
    05-13-08 09:05 AM
    on sprint.com they show yahoo messenger.
    I found the app preloaded on my 8330 yesterday when it arrived. I also went to yahoo.com and downloaded it from there. I get the message that the device is not supported.
    05-13-08 09:38 AM
    Yeah. I tried downloading MSN from them when I got my 8830 and it didn't work either.
    05-13-08 09:51 AM
    I just red an article on Uber Gizmo that Microsoft and BB reached an agreement to have windows live messenger availible for BB devices.
    05-13-08 09:59 AM
    they list google gmail and sprint messenger apps as free on the digital lounge, but when I sign in, they are not availible. I guess the previous poster was correct about it not being availible for the curve just yet.
    05-13-08 10:02 AM
    I just red an article on Uber Gizmo that Microsoft and BB reached an agreement to have windows live messenger availible for BB devices.
    Yeah, BB and MS just reached an agreement that brings push e-mail to Hotmail users and Live Messenger to BlackBerrys. I'm thinking it may come with the next OS update, but that's just what I'm thinking.
    05-13-08 10:05 AM
    YM does work on all Sprint previous phones, it's just that the YM doesnt recognize the 8330 yet. I was able to go thru the browser and d/l another version of it but the quality was so horrible I had to delete it right away.
    05-13-08 10:15 AM
    Yeah, I feel you guys pain with Yahoo. I just upgraded from a Treo 700wx. I thought it would be nice to have Yahoo on my phone...oh well
    05-13-08 10:53 AM
    We survived waiting for the Curve to be availible on Sprint, we can survive waiting for them to update yahoo. It just surprised me a bit because the curve has been out a while on other networks, so I thought the applications would have been ready to go?
    05-13-08 10:58 AM
    Is any else having an issue with their curve freezing or restarting on its own while playing videos/movies from their SD Card?
    05-13-08 01:42 PM
    I had the same problem, kept asking for a key store password, I seached and searched but could not find out where this key store comes from, the help talks about it but not how to set it, reset it etc. I ended up entering the wrong password 10 times and it did a memory clean and reset. afterword, sprint tv worked.

I also have the same problem with yahoo saying it is not enabled.
    I did the incorrect password thing 10 times as well. Sprint TV works perfect now, no password questions, no IT security issues. I should have known to back it up 1st, but fortunately I don't have anything really on it yet. Good to learn that lesson now...
    05-13-08 02:32 PM
    First time poster. Everyone welcome me!!!

So I can't hook up my hotmail accounts. I assume everyone else with hotmail is having the same problems? And I'm guessing that there will be a software update sometime in the future to support this?

I'm enjoying my new Curve. All of my previous phones have been very basic (not even a vga camera!), so this is a bit much for me, but I'm a smart dude. I'll get the hang of this.

Peace out everyone!
    05-13-08 06:24 PM
    Is anyone having issues with battery life? I had a full charge at 5pm and this morning is almost dead. I hardly used it last night a couple of phone calls and that was it.
    05-14-08 06:12 AM
    Is anyone having issues with battery life? I had a full charge at 5pm and this morning is almost dead. I hardly used it last night a couple of phone calls and that was it.
    No Issues with Battery Life here... Perhaps a defective battery?

I run constant gchat/aim and make periodic calls throughout the day. Also txt about 6/7 per hour, and by the end of the day, i have about half a batter left.

If you call tech support, they will have you bring it in to a sprint store for checkup, and they will most likely replace the battery you..
    05-14-08 08:05 AM
    Same here, I run Sprint Radio/Tv, text, calls, apps, but the battery is still good. When I first got mine, I took it home, put it on the charger for six hours and didn't touch it. I was advised that then I should try to run the battery all the way down, repeat this three more times, and the battery would then have reached its maximum charge potential. Something about the battery's memory "remembering" the full charge cycle.
    05-14-08 08:32 AM
    I'm gonna be honest here; we're all tools for purchasing the curve from sprint (yes, me too)...well we're not tools for purchasing it...but moreso for purchasing a device that hasn't been 100% improved over known issues w/ the curve that has been out on other carriers for well over a year.

To add insult to injury, some problems that exist w/ sprint's curve...aren't existent w/ the curve on other carriers. You would think that sprint would try to implement a competitive advantage w/ its curve's offerings over the shortcomings present in other curves.

To me, this shows me that sprint is about a 'quantity not quality' mentality w/ its customers...as they probably don't see us as 'demanding' customers as other carriers see their customers as.

05-14-08 09:03 AM
    First time poster. Everyone welcome me!!!

So I can't hook up my hotmail accounts. I assume everyone else with hotmail is having the same problems? And I'm guessing that there will be a software update sometime in the future to support this?

I'm enjoying my new Curve. All of my previous phones have been very basic (not even a vga camera!), so this is a bit much for me, but I'm a smart dude. I'll get the hang of this.

Peace out everyone!
    Welcome to CB

As for Hotmail, it's not supported at the moment. You can connect with it if you have one of their "premium" accounts, and even then I believe it's still slow. BUT, RIM just announced they are going to be supporting Hotmail and Windows Live Messenger. I'm not sure of the timeframe, but I want to say sometime this summer.

At the moment I would suggest using Gmail for your e-mail service. I get e-mails on my BB before I get them in my inbox on Gmail sometimes. Not to mention I can sync the calendars with Google Sync. But this may not be an option for you, so you might have to stick it out for a while.
    05-14-08 09:50 AM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD