As per title, how do i go about doing this on the phone instead of going onto each and every contact? Wanted to do this so that all known callers have the same ring tone and uknown caller another. thanks in advance!!
    11-01-09 06:40 PM
    don't think you can have known/unknown, but you can change your ringtone for everything by going to profiles -> advanced -> edit -> phone.

or just pick the mp3 you want in the Music app, hit BB menu, and pick Set as Ringtone.
    11-01-09 07:16 PM
    Or go to media -> ringtones
    find the one you want
    hit the menu button and select Set as Ring Tone
    11-02-09 07:48 AM
    thank you all, i managed to download the ring tone that i love from my ex phone. Wanted to assigned to all the contacts in my phone the same ringing tone so that any other number not in my contact list will be of another ring tone when i receive incoming calls but i guess this may not be possible.
    11-02-09 08:23 AM
    Unfortunately I think what you are after is handled by a third party app such as Ringo Custom Tones or another similar app.
    11-02-09 10:26 AM
    1. From the Home Screen, press the Menu button
    2. Stroll the icons to find and select "Pofiles" (The app to change your phone volume settings).
    3. Stroll down to the very bottom of the list and select "Advanced"

And there you go at the bottom portion of the screen:
    >> "Use Active Profile Except For:"

4. Press the Menu button then select the "New Exception" option

From that point you should be well on your way to setting up custom rings for callers for a particular ring tone to include customized volume leveling with or without vibration.

Hope this Helps.....
    11-09-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD