I hear my phone vibrating like I've got a message or calendar reminder and I go to pick it up and it's rebooting..

happening to anyone else?
    11-01-09 12:55 PM
    That happened to me with my first Tour (I am now on #5 since late July).

As it was explained to me by my Verizon Customer Service Rep. . .

We were Alltel Customers who were swallowed whole by Verizon. I have a VERIZON phone, but an ALLTEL calling plan (I am the secondary line.) The rep said that it had to do with the "switchover."

I would think that the kinks had been worked out by now though. . .

Andrea in NC
    12-09-09 11:01 AM
    My S2 just did this the other day, It freaked out and kept vibrating, when I hit the end key to try and stop it the phone rebooted...It also does random reboots with BBM as well, despite multiple wipes and reloads...

Any other problems besides that one random you have had?
    12-09-09 11:12 AM
    Nope I have yet to have this happen. My phone does vibrate randomly, but never reboots
    12-09-09 01:20 PM
    My S2 just started randomly rebooting yesterday. 3 times in the last 2 days. I'm not even getting the vibrating, I just happen to look at it and it is in the middle of rebooting. No idea why.
    12-12-09 09:17 PM
    My S2 just started randomly rebooting yesterday. 3 times in the last 2 days. I'm not even getting the vibrating, I just happen to look at it and it is in the middle of rebooting. No idea why.
    That happened with my first storm2 - I returned it within the first 30 days and they gave me a brand new one - no questions asked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 09:53 PM
    My s2 is working perfectly. The only thing is is that its rebooted itself 3 or 4 times since I got it on Wednesday. Should I be worried?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 11:04 PM
    I have had the same thing happen. Im not too worried about it, but it does suck.
    12-14-09 01:48 AM
    mine did this 2day while i was at work
    12-14-09 02:38 AM
    this happens at least once on a daily basis for me now. today i actually caught the entire phone freeze (even the screen "clickers" didnt push down) and after about 15 seconds it rebooted. im on official .320 and its starting to annoy me
    01-28-10 10:32 PM
    That happened to me with my first Tour (I am now on #5 since late July).

As it was explained to me by my Verizon Customer Service Rep. . .

We were Alltel Customers who were swallowed whole by Verizon. I have a VERIZON phone, but an ALLTEL calling plan (I am the secondary line.) The rep said that it had to do with the "switchover."

I would think that the kinks had been worked out by now though. . .

Andrea in NC
    So, let me get this right.... your Tour would reboot when it viabrated (during a notification) and that's because of the Verizon/Alltel merger.

Yeah... I'm speechless on that one. I think I would have taped that conversation and put it up on YouTube just so people can see how stupid Verizon reps really are. Yeesh!

BTW, a loose component or most likely the battery really was causing the reboot to happen because of the viabration of the phone. <- This is a more likely candidate for a reason then the carrier swichover. lol
    01-28-10 10:47 PM
    Is it possible that it could be some 3rd party app you all share in common? Maybe they are doing over the wire updates that causes a reboot when done?
    01-29-10 03:14 AM
    It's probably most likely a goof in the OS. I've had white screen reboots during notifications or app switching on the S1 with early 5.x builds... the 2 OSs are not that different between the Storm versions. In fact, they are almost identical to some extent. .32x wasn't all that when it was out for the S1. The .4xx versions have been more stable.
    01-29-10 10:34 AM
    Yep, been there, I am actually on my 3rd Storm 2 because of random reboots, mine seemed to be when I was receiving texts... I have heard of the battery door being a little loose and that is letting the battery lose connection. They claim that if you fold a piece of paper between the battery and the door it should solve the problem. My problem with that is that I had a 2 week old phone and shouldn't have to "jerry-rig" the battery. All of the Verizon reps that I have spoke to about the issue said that they have never heard of the problem, making me feel like I had something to do with it, having 2 with the problem. Oh well, they still sent me another one.
    01-29-10 08:13 PM
    I had this problem when i had my storm 1 wow what a horror that was.
    01-29-10 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD