i want to put a new bezel and trackball on my bold, but i dont want to void my warranty.
    i was told there is a special screwdriver that clamps around the screw as opposed to poking it where the sticker is. but the person who told me that can no longer find the link to that tool and i cant find it either.
    anyone have any info on this tool or any other way to keep my warranty while modding my bold?

thanks in advance
    10-31-09 11:28 PM
    I don't think you can !?

they aren't stupid to make this if you can use some special tools to open it.
    10-31-09 11:33 PM
    You can't. The screw is recessed which means that even if (and it is a big if) such
    a driver existed it would still damage the sticker.
    11-01-09 12:08 AM
    im in no way saying that committing fraud is good

but on all my phones the water mark has gotten red (aka meaning it has water damage) when it really didnt.

so i just made my own white sticker using apple logo stickers lol
    11-01-09 12:29 AM
    You can't, move the screw and its all over
    11-01-09 12:34 AM
    im in no way saying that committing fraud is good

but on all my phones the water mark has gotten red (aka meaning it has water damage) when it really didnt.

so i just made my own white sticker using apple logo stickers lol
    hahah i thought about that, have u ran it through the warranty system or whatever with this apple sticker? i wonder if its a special type of sticker or if any random white sticker would work
    11-01-09 01:51 AM
    When I had to open my phone up, you can use a sewing needle and use the point and slowly lift the sticker off the top of the screw from the side...just do it nice and slowly/carefully...it's actually just a sticker, so you can place it back with the needle point when you're done

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-01-09 07:12 AM
    Yup, just take the sticker off, and put it back on when finished beautifying...

11-01-09 07:24 AM
    I just used a razor blade to take off the white sticker and replaced the bezel and keypad and just put the sticker back where it was...u can also use an exacto knife and a steady hand.

goodluck

11-01-09 09:42 AM
    hahah i thought about that, have u ran it through the warranty system or whatever with this apple sticker? i wonder if its a special type of sticker or if any random white sticker would work
    yup!

i went to my local AT&T device support center and the guy looked at it and gave me a replacement unit.

dont think the apple sticker is high tech or anything like that. i just used the apple sticker because it matches orginal watermark stickers more. since it is white, matte but a lil glossy.
    11-01-09 10:04 PM
    thanks alot for the help guys, looks like i have a couple options.
    Now i can't wait to recieve my new WORKING bold from rogers and put my bezel/trackball to good use
    11-02-09 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD