I thought that Bing was going to be pre-loaded on the S2 but it's not. It's not even on the Bing Web site (a BlackBerry version anyway). I've read (via rss feeds) of a push today & have even re-registered and rebooted my phone. Does anyone with an S2 have Bing?

TIA

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 09:56 PM
    It was preloaded on mine.
    10-31-09 09:59 PM
    Theres a shortcut that got pushed on my phone. I just hid it though.
    10-31-09 10:00 PM
    10-31-09 10:02 PM
    There was a shortcut on my 9550 when I got it out of the box. I have yet to decide if I'm going to hide it or leave it.
    10-31-09 10:47 PM
    Thanks Antagonist! Nice to see you around. (I've been away.)

How about the MyVerizon app? It's not loaded either & I'd rather not use the new Web version and can't find that app either.

~X

10-31-09 10:53 PM
    Thanks Antagonist! Nice to see you around. (I've been away.)

How about the MyVerizon app? It's not loaded either & I'd rather not use the new Web version and can't find that app either.

~X

Yep, I remember the good AppleBerry days on S1. Just found the MyVerizon link in my browser history:

http://mobile.vzw.com/download/myver...rizonStorm.jad

I like that app a lot after they enhanced it for the Storm touch screen.
    10-31-09 11:09 PM
    Yeah, Andrew will be doing AppleBerry v2.0 soon (the S2 is not available on his CA carrier).

Back OT... I just got off with VZW BlackBerry tech support & he said to go to BlackBerry� and update the phone that a lot of people are missing files and that this will install them. I told him that I had the .exe .320 firmware but he said that the software from BlackBerry.com was more up-to-date (for those in need like me). The URL may end in "update" not "updates" like I posted (it was from memory & I know it's easy to find).

Thanks for posting the MyVerizon app link too!

~X

Edit: The tech was mainly saying it's best to update via the Web rather than DM and said NOT to install the DM Service Pack 1 as well.

Remember to backup first everyone!

Last edited by xwera43; 10-31-09 at 11:41 PM.
    10-31-09 11:33 PM
    I had it on mine but I deleted that stupid crap. You do know what BING stands for right?

Bing Its Not Google
    11-01-09 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD