"Catastrophic assertion failure"

I searched but didn't locate this on Crackberry. I got this error last night on a white screen and after five min on the line with Verizon they sent me for a refurb at the locale store. Both reps said they had never heard of this, but said the computer told them its a software issue.

Anyone ever heard of this failure?

I love my Storm (4th one), but sometimes its hard.
    Last edited by JJAHL; 10-31-09 at 10:18 PM.
    10-31-09 08:47 PM
    "Catastrophic assertion failure"

I searched but didn't located this on Crackberry. I got this error last night on a white screen and after five min on the line with Verizon they sent me for a refurb at the locale store. Both reps said they had never heard of this, but said the computer told them its a software issue.

Anyone ever heard of this failure?

I love my Storm (4th one), but sometimes its hard.
    I think it's when a CB member (a/k/a fanboi) makes over the top claims about the implied success of a new, yet to be released, device, said device predicted to bring the rest of the smartphone world to its knees.

And then, 6 days hence, said device is released...

But I'm just guessing
    10-31-09 08:50 PM
    I think it's when a CB member (a/k/a fanboi) makes over the top claims about the implied success of a new, yet to be released, device, said device predicted to bring the rest of the smartphone world to its knees.

And then, 6 days hence, said device is released...

But I'm just guessing
    What the h*** are you talkin about! I checked out this so called device, and my Storm 1 is every bit as good, if not better (of course less wifi and less memory).
    10-31-09 09:09 PM
    WTH are you people talking about...
    10-31-09 10:10 PM
    Assertion failure usually means something that should never happen happened and the software is bailing and getting the **** out of dodge.
    11-01-09 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD