I've been using the holster from my tour since I got my s2 the only problem is I can't tell if it goes into "holster mode when I put it in there or not. With my tour I could lay it on top of the holster and sometimes it would think it was in the bolster. Can anyone explain to me exactly how the holster works and how the phone knows when it's in it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 07:22 PM
    I believe a magnet is what tells it that its in a holster. My tour holster also does not work but ill just buy one. Just wondering why the storm didn't come with one.

10-31-09 07:44 PM
    Maybe they see the storm as more of a play phone then a business phone therefore we don't deserve a holster.

Does the holster that crackberry sells work correctly

10-31-09 08:13 PM
    Hm I was looking for this thread - great I didn't have to post another one.
    Does anyone know if the S1 pocket pouch will work with the S2? For those who don't know - it's same as holster but without the belt clip so you can slide in your pocket.
    10-31-09 08:19 PM
    Maybe they see the storm as more of a play phone then a business phone therefore we don't deserve a holster.

Does the holster that crackberry sells work correctly

YES, the OEM one does.
    10-31-09 08:25 PM
    I bought a Curve holster (leather, it swivels) from Best Buy today. The 9550 fits great in it. As soon as I slide the Storm2 in to the holster, the screen goes dim and the locks down (the piezos do, you cannot click it). I assume that means the proximity magnet is doing its job. Interestingly enough, the Storm2 specific holsters I looked at covered the LED. This one does not.

EDIT: When I said "screen goes dim" I meant that it goes black.
    10-31-09 08:54 PM
    I'll have to look into a curve pouch then. Makes me wonder why the tour holster doesn't work it fits perfectly I tend to put mine in with the screen facing my body for a sort of added protection and so I'm looking at it when I pull it out.

10-31-09 09:38 PM
    I'll have to look into a curve pouch then. Makes me wonder why the tour holster doesn't work it fits perfectly I tend to put mine in with the screen facing my body for a sort of added protection and so I'm looking at it when I pull it out.

The magnet is a little to high in the tour holster. If you put the storm in about half way you will see it shut off. I have the silicon case and am using an 8800 holster. The s2 with the silicon fits perfect in the 8800 holster

10-31-09 09:56 PM
    I know that the whole inside of it feels metal I figured it was one big magnet. I'll have to check for another holster too bad it doesn't work right.

10-31-09 10:01 PM
    My 8830 Worldphone holster works great.
    11-01-09 08:25 AM
    Just wondering why the storm didn't come with one.

Beacuse you get a 16gig card with the Storm2
    11-01-09 08:32 AM
    I just bought a 9000 series Blackberry Brand belt clip case for my new Storm 2. The phone doesn't appear to go into holster mode. Also, I've tried my 8330 case with the same results. The light stays on after I put in the case. Is there a setting somewhere to activate holster mode? Any ideas why these cases wouldn't work?
    Last edited by golfer393; 11-01-09 at 10:11 PM.
    11-01-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD