Hello Group

I'm so pissed at Blackberry company. Had 312 units on order , Found out you can't set the alerts to more rings more then one time for e-mails or sms, Spoke to blackberry tech with sprint ter 2 and yes this is the only one you cant set for more times, I'm so pisses, Had 30 bolds from att and now I'm stuck. sprint gave me a much better pricing plan wow major difference. Blackberry is going to get back to us wed to let us know if they can make a patch, I was told Sprint is getting more new blackberrys in a few months

From Steve
    10-31-09 07:13 PM
    I'm not sure what you're talking about? Are you talking about not having reminders??? If so yeah u can set any alerts u want, there are Apps for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 07:47 PM
    I believe I know what Steve is talking about. In previous BlackBerrys, you could set ringers for SMS/MMS/e-mail/calendar/etc. to sound the ringtone more than once. For example, you could set your SMS ringer to go: (vibrate) ring ring ring.
    The only time I really used this was for calendar items. If I left my phone in the other room, having it ring three times for reminders increased the odds that I would hear it and not miss an appointment.
    I heard a rumor that once 5.0 is released for the Tour, it will be back to the way it was, but I'm not sure how reliable the source is.
    11-01-09 01:50 AM
    i have 5.0.0.238 hybrid on my phone and under the ringer/sound options for items such as emails, sms, calendar etc. you can set the number of times it repeats the sound up to three times. i don't see any reason why they would remove this on the official release
    11-01-09 07:35 AM
    That's one of the big changes from 4.7.1 to 5.0... Wasn't happy when I found it in 4.7.1
    11-01-09 08:12 AM
    It is funny that they reduced the choices in the 4.7 for the Tour. I, also, wanted the EXTRA tones for various alerts. I really liked the custom edits under the prior OS's. I may just succumb and download the 5.0 beta.
    11-01-09 09:06 AM
    It is funny that they reduced the choices in the 4.7 for the Tour. I, also, wanted the EXTRA tones for various alerts. I really liked the custom edits under the prior OS's. I may just succumb and download the 5.0 beta.
    This is fixed in the 5.0 os... If i could i'd upgrade, but due to a service book issue with CS i cant
    11-01-09 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD