When i set up my email after the .328 update for my gmail acct which is enhanced. it has an option to sync contacts so i checked it! next thing i know my contact list has duplicated about three or four times...! WTF

Does anyone know the correct settings to make this work properly! after i saw that it was doing that i went back and uncheck it. then restored my contacts the way it was before using desktop manager.

i would like to have my contacts sync and calender sync without the duplicating on my bb storm.
    10-31-09 12:01 PM
    It's good that you have a backup...

First, erase all BB and gmail contacts. Once there are no contacts, restore them on your BB and sync w/ gmail. Now you should have no duplicates.
    10-31-09 12:20 PM
    It's good that you have a backup...

First, erase all BB and gmail contacts. Once there are no contacts, restore them on your BB and sync w/ gmail. Now you should have no duplicates.
    Thanks i will give this a try.
    10-31-09 12:24 PM
    I just noticed this issue. Is there a fast way to delete contacts? I can't find one and I have tons of duplicates.
    10-31-09 01:38 PM
    I just noticed this issue. Is there a fast way to delete contacts? I can't find one and I have tons of duplicates.
    If there is one then I feel foolish: I spent about 3 hours deleting duplicates

Also, don't forget to go to Contact -> BB -> Contact Options -> Allow Duplictate Names -- set to NO.
    10-31-09 01:42 PM
    If there is one then I feel foolish: I spent about 3 hours deleting duplicates

Also, don't forget to go to Contact -> BB -> Contact Options -> Allow Duplictate Names -- set to NO.
    Already did the duplicate name thing.
    10-31-09 01:52 PM
    The fastest way to delete contacts is to use Desktop Manager. Go to Backup/Restore > Advanced and find Contacts - All. Clear. Make sure you have a backup first.

Then load the contacts from your last OS install or your last backup prior to syncing via BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 01:54 PM
    I have found that the cause of the dupes on my contacts was because of my Picasa account. I had my 'name tags' set up to sync with my web albums and that automatically syncs them with your gmail contacts. So, even though I was updating the info in my blackberry and then deleting the dupes in the gmail contacts, they kept coming back.

I went into the Picasa application and went to

Tools > People manager > & unchecked "sync with contacts & web albums" on each person (a boring, tedious task)

But it has worked so far - Keeping my fingers crossed. I noticed that the "exact number" of dupes was the same (example if I had Bill Smith duped 4 times - I had 3 entries in Picasa and 1 entry in Gmail)

Hopefully Google will come up with a "uncheck all" feature - b/c as of now, you have to uncheck one by one in picasa.

Good Luck - hope this works for you.
    12-12-09 03:17 AM
    Make sure you don't have duplicates in your gmail contacts....if you do you can merge them. Once I organized my google contacts I have never had any issue with duplicate contacts. Get you contacts exactly how you want them on google. Then erase all your contacts on your phone. Sign in to google sync and all your google contacts show up on your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD