When wifi and 3g is on at the same time and you can get wifi when you browse the web is that through wifi or 3g?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 11:24 AM
    Mine goes through my wifi, go into your browser options and change it to the 'hotspot browser'. Still works without wi-fi, but I find that uses the wi-fi connection when I'm connected to my wi-fi network.
    10-31-09 11:38 AM
    I am using BES on mine. When it is selected to Blackberry Browser, it proxies the web connection through my BES server. When it is set to Internet Browser, it proxies the connection through VZ's servers. When it is set to Hotspot Browser, the connections come directly off of the phone.

I found this by changing the options and then checking to see what IP I was coming from via one of my own systems (Server Variables). From there, it was easy to tell where the connection was sourcing from from the web servers point of view.
    10-31-09 11:43 AM
    So I have a question on this. I verified that my wifi works when using the hotspot browser but when using normal browser or 3rd party apps, when wifi and 3g are active, which one will I be using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 01:36 PM
    I believe that it depends on the app. In apps like Poynt, BBScanner and some others, there are options to select in which order it uses the connections. If that option isn't there... I don't know.
    10-31-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD