This quote is from someone who is completely unbiased, used an iPhone before, and only has 23 posts.

1) Touch Screen
    I had the iPhone for about three days. I hated that phone! The typing was just awful, and it would often times over-compensate for where I wanted to navigate web pages. I demoed the S1 when I worked for a wireless store, and I couldn't get used to the touch screen on that either. The S2 finally delivers a touch screen device that I can actually _use_. I have very few problems typing using the landscape keyboard. Me personally, I use the BB Pearl keyboard in portrait. While I hated that phone, I really enjoyed the keyboard. Two thumbs up for the new touch screen.
    Now the quote below this comes from someone who has 675 posts and was posted 9-29-09.

haptic feedback on a touchscreen is not that big a driver

Lets see how many people decide to go with Storm 2 when they are choosing a touchscreen phone. What is a touchsceen phone?

A screen that you can touch. How is haptic feedback not important? I bet you anything that screen is what RIM is counting on to hold them over in the market until they release a new UI.

Haptic feedback (or the general interpretation of "feedback") that the S1 brought to the table wasn't a factor last year... the S2's system won't be either.
    Yet, thats what most of the posts in the stom2 section are about.
    10-31-09 10:28 AM
    A screen that you can touch. How is haptic feedback not important? I bet you anything that screen is what RIM is counting on to hold them over in the market until they release a new UI.
    I completely agree. Next year, they are going to have to release a completely re-vamped OS to keep up with the other touch screen phones. I personally like the OS layout on the S2.
    10-31-09 10:51 AM
    Haptic feedback seems more of like an additional thing than a main focal point in RIM's plan. Maybe I'm just behind in the Touchscreen market, but phones don't require it, do they?
    10-31-09 10:54 AM
    Haptic feedback seems more of like an additional thing than a main focal point in RIM's plan. Maybe I'm just behind in the Touchscreen market, but phones don't require it, do they?
    Phones also dont require a flashy UI.
    10-31-09 02:15 PM
    But the S2 feedback is SO much more precise than the S1. The S1 (mine anyway) was mushy compared to this new S2 & I like to know when I've pressed a button unlike the iPhone or my iPod touch.

My .02

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 09:32 PM
    Oh, post count is over rated since there are those that do posts like "+1" which are useless posts. IMO

~X

10-31-09 09:35 PM
    Edit: Double post for some reason. Mod can delete.

~X

Last edited by xwera43; 10-31-09 at 10:56 PM.
    10-31-09 09:38 PM
    How is it more of an addition? I personally can't stand touch screen phones do to the lack of haptic feedback. I prefer knowing when ice pressed something rather than accidentally sliding my finger over something and making a phone call or opening something I didn't mean to.

The s1 felt mushy this phone does touchscreen right

At least that's my opinion

10-31-09 09:47 PM
    Well let's look at Rimm they have tried to innovate what a touchscreen is perceived as and made it a "press screen" they are actually trying to innovate on the Hardware instead of what Iphone did and innovate on UI.... I commend RIMM on making such a Ballsy move in the first place and I think it works well... UI's can change hardware can't without a new device.
    11-03-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD