What does everyone use for a keyboard view? I have yet to find a fast easy way to type that is pretty much error free.
    10-31-09 10:14 AM
    It depends what I am trying to type. I switch between sure type and full keyboard depending on the situation.
    10-31-09 11:16 AM
    I go full keyboard in landscape every time and can get close to as quick as I was on my curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 11:19 AM
    in landscape mode i use the fully qwerty keyboard and in portrait i use the suretype mode. Suretype takes some getting use to but once you get the hang of it it really is better.
    10-31-09 11:21 AM
    i use suretype 100% and i am very fast
    10-31-09 11:28 AM
    how do you get suretype to get what you want to say right? alot of times I find it guessing wrong
    10-31-09 11:29 AM
    depends on the situation i USUALLY go landscape, but sometimes i use suretype. depends on how i feel.
    10-31-09 11:30 AM
    I want to use suretype but sometimes but I mean to type words like "hey" I get like get, so I have to click it from the menu. Which slows it down. Otherwise, i get it fast.
    10-31-09 11:32 AM
    I use full keyboard in landscape & portrait mode.
    10-31-09 11:35 AM
    I use full keyboard in landscape & portrait mode.
    Yeah I'm starting to do that too. You just have to type a little bit slower because the buttons are smaller but not that much slower though.

10-31-09 11:40 AM
    you both must have small fingers? lol
    10-31-09 11:45 AM
    I use full keyboard in portrait. My hands are far from small, but I have found that I can get extremely fast almost to the point of not having to consciously think about what button to push (like typing on a regular keyboard). After doing this several times and getting pretty good results (not perfect, but very few errors), I went back and tried they same speed on the S1... just could not get close to the same speed.
    10-31-09 11:49 AM
    I cant ever get it right in that mode. I try to type test and get trdt lol
    10-31-09 12:01 PM
    full keyboard all the time!

10-31-09 12:30 PM
    I use full keyboard all the time unless I'm driving. Then I use suretype in portrait

10-31-09 12:39 PM
    I use full keyboard in landscape mode but I must admit that I had forgotten how easy it was to use the SureType keyboard. It is really growing on me.

10-31-09 01:14 PM
    I want to use suretype but sometimes but I mean to type words like "hey" I get like get, so I have to click it from the menu. Which slows it down. Otherwise, i get it fast.
    i had the exact same problem with the storm on portrait mode and it was so damn annoying thaats y i have the curve now haha

10-31-09 01:17 PM
    I use landscape when im walking around and Suretype when Im driving..
    10-31-09 01:19 PM
    I use suretype in portrait. I think it is a little hard to type full keyboard in portrait.
    Suretype gets some used to in the beginning but it will get better quickly and it is a lot easier to type with one hand. It also saves words, so if you had trouble typing a word before it will most likely type it right the next time.
    Same with like "get" and "hey".. whichever you type the most it will use first (I'm pretty sure thats how it goes)

If I know I'm going to be typing words I know my berry will not recognize I will use the full keyboard in landscape. Hope this helps a little
    10-31-09 07:56 PM
    I use landscape when im walking around and Suretype when Im driving..
    When driving???

I use Suretype 100% of the time. It does remember the words that you type so it gets better the more you use it and if you know that it will not recognize a word, you can add it to the custom dictionary so it will recognize it. That's what I do.
    10-31-09 08:54 PM
    Full qwerty in both modes. I'm just to lazy to to take the time to get used to Suretype,
    10-31-09 09:11 PM
    Has anyone seen if the S2 has Key Roll over as is mentioned in Kevin's review of the unit? I like the idea of the letters popping up to be seen as I type.
    10-31-09 10:29 PM
    I use full keyboard all the time unless I'm driving. Then I use suretype in portrait

Maybe you haven't seen "Texting While Driving" over on a little site called YouTube.
    10-31-09 10:33 PM
    Has anyone seen if the S2 has Key Roll over as is mentioned in Kevin's review of the unit? I like the idea of the letters popping up to be seen as I type.
    They don't pop up, but they do highlight with a wide enough halo that you can tell what letter you're on - at least I can - and since you have to actually PRESS the screen in order for it to register, it makes typing fairly simple.

As for the original question, I use full qwerty in both modes. The keyboard in portrait is just a little smaller than on my old BB. I suck at suretype, but can type pretty quickly in full QWERTY.
    10-31-09 10:39 PM
    I normally use suretype
    10-31-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD