I received a Storm2 from Yodafone yesterday morning - powered it up and all that, but right now its sitting in its box ready to be returned and my sim is back in my Pearl.

It just don't get the Strom2 (Never used an original Storm) to me it seems like a toy in many ways, I'm sure it is a very capable phone but not for me.

Maybe I just don't like touch screens? Who knows, but now I am faced with the dillema of keeping my Pearl which is very good (although I would like more useable internet use and a full keyboard - but I love its size). And getting a sim only deal which will beat anything where I get a new phone upgrade.

Or

Waiting until Vodafone get the new Bold and upgrading to that.

For me a phone is a phone, if that makes any sense? The Storm2 just seemed like some akward PDA. I guess I'm just out of touch and old fashioned.
    10-31-09 09:52 AM
    I received a Storm2 from Yodafone yesterday morning - powered it up and all that, but right now its sitting in its box ready to be returned and my sim is back in my Pearl.

It just don't get the Strom2 (Never used an original Storm) to me it seems like a toy in many ways, I'm sure it is a very capable phone but not for me.

Maybe I just don't like touch screens? Who knows, but now I am faced with the dillema of keeping my Pearl which is very good (although I would like more useable internet use and a full keyboard - but I love its size). And getting a sim only deal which will beat anything where I get a new phone upgrade.

Or

Waiting until Vodafone get the new Bold and upgrading to that.

For me a phone is a phone, if that makes any sense? The Storm2 just seemed like some akward PDA. I guess I'm just out of touch and old fashioned.
    I would go with a Bold.
    10-31-09 09:55 AM
    Your device choice has to be based on what YOU want in a phone. Without a doubt the Pearl is a great device. I'd suggest trying a few different devices to see which fits you the best.
    10-31-09 09:57 AM
    Yeha, you shouldnt really go by what others say. Its all personal preference really.

Just because a large mass of people like something doesnt mean youll like it.
    10-31-09 10:06 AM
    If youre looking for a phone and only a phone, then obviously a Storm isnt for you. Maybe try something like a JitterBug to make things really simple. I mean a pearl is still overkill if all you do is make calls.

Just wondering though, why did you even consider upgrading? It should be pretty apparent all the features that come with the Storm 2. You should probably try the phone out in a store or something next time to see if you will like it before going through the trouble of ordering one and returning it. Just my opinion though. I know it sounds harsh
    10-31-09 03:27 PM
    You should really give it a chance. One day is not enough time to get the hang of it. If the touchscreen is not for you than definitely get the bold when it comes out.
    10-31-09 03:31 PM
    I agree, give it a longer test drive.
    As for it being a toy, it has all the same capabilities of the pearl except the rollerball.
    Now a storm WITH a rollerball - that would be interesting...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 03:39 PM
    I agree, give it a longer test drive.
    As for it being a toy, it has all the same capabilities of the pearl except the rollerball.
    Now a storm WITH a rollerball - that would be interesting...

I wouldnt say interesting, but more like fugly and pointless.
    10-31-09 03:42 PM
    You should really give it a chance. One day is not enough time to get the hang of it. If the touchscreen is not for you than definitely get the bold when it comes out.

You hit the nail on the head man. I came from a tour, added a line and i was like "hmmm, idk if i want this anymore..." and i, myself contemplated returning it. after playing with it more, getting the settings i like, GETTING WI-FI TO WORK FINALLY!, i realized this is the phone for me. in fact, im away on a little weekend vacation, and we know the tour had some signal issues and the muffled voice but this Storm2 is the Tour, revamped and then some. Im ready to list my Tour on eBay and pay my cancellation fee with that money and keep the Storm2. The memory, processor, wi-fi *which i dont need ALL the time but still good to have*....you just can't go wrong with this. Not one bit.
    10-31-09 03:42 PM
    if youre looking for a phone and only a phone, then obviously a storm isnt for you. Maybe try something like a jitterbug to make things really simple. I mean a pearl is still overkill if all you do is make calls.

Just wondering though, why did you even consider upgrading? It should be pretty apparent all the features that come with the storm 2. You should probably try the phone out in a store or something next time to see if you will like it before going through the trouble of ordering one and returning it. Just my opinion though. I know it sounds harsh
    jitterbug!! Lol i love it
    10-31-09 03:46 PM
    a day really isnt enough to judge any cellular device.
    10-31-09 04:00 PM
    Jitterbug lolz
    10-31-09 06:02 PM
    I don't know what Pearl you guys used but the pearl was not a great device by any means.
    10-31-09 06:11 PM
    I don't know what Pearl you guys used but the pearl was not a great device by any means.
    No the Pearl 8130 was not a great device....

It was an AWESOME device. I loved mine, absolutely loved it. It did everything I needed it to an then some.

If the Storm had not been launched I would have stuck with the 8130 or maybe upgraded to the flip.

Do not speak ill of the Pearl.
    10-31-09 07:06 PM
    No the Pearl 8130 was not a great device....

It was an AWESOME device. I loved mine, absolutely loved it. It did everything I needed it to an then some.

If the Storm had not been launched I would have stuck with the 8130 or maybe upgraded to the flip.

Do not speak ill of the Pearl.
    Yeah. I guess. Minus the reported random wipes, the running out of memoery, the auto deleting/not hold txt and call logs. Other than that it was awesome!

10-31-09 09:29 PM
    Get the bold
    10-31-09 10:54 PM
    Maybe I should have been a bit clearer?

I use my current BB (the Pearl) for extensive email contact, viewing documents and making calls etc so value the fetures BB offer.

The Storm2 is just not for me thats all - I don't understand the 'tone' of some posts on here. I only asked whether some folk didn't get on with the Storm2 either, not that you should give your first born child's soul to the Devil!

Christ, me thinks some of you take this mobile phone business a little bit too seriously.

As for the sensible replies - thanks chaps.

Oh and I will try out the new Bold when it comes out.
    11-01-09 05:46 AM
    Im about to get the blackberry storm 2, currently i have a 8330, and i wanted to know how the texting is on it. i have had phones like that dare, vu and versa which are full touch screens and they were hard to text. Is the BB storm really what its crack up to be with the new touch screen.

also do you think RIM would ever come out with a smart phone that has a full physical keyboard, and a half touch screen like the palms. that would be nice. i like touch screen for navigation in the phone, but i have yet to find a phone that fits well in the texting category. i hope the storm fill that void.
    11-01-09 11:29 AM
    If you don't want yours I will be happy to take it off your hands.

11-01-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD