What kind of battery life is everyone getting with 314?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 12:26 AM
    i upgraded to 314 then found i got 4.4 hours out of my battery, and i dont use the handset that much, however never had issues with other os's 5 so maybe a glitch, ut i took it off and back down to official os
    10-31-09 02:47 AM
    My battery lasts a couple days with average use. I wonder if some versions of .314 are sending info back to RIM? This was an issue a while ago when a beta version came out and it was killing batteries fast until someone found out and posted a fix to stop it. Although I don't know why some peoples Bold are dying fast and others aren't if they're both on .314.
    My battery lasts a long time but I still get the occasional reboot.

10-31-09 07:26 AM
    My battery life is fine on 314 if I don't reset my device. However if I do a battery pull, the battery can drain 20%, and it only takes a minute or so to load up. Quickest boot time ever so far, but not sure about why it drains the battery so much.

10-31-09 07:37 AM
    Mine was bad after upgrading from .238. Was getting not even a day on moderate use. So I decided to wipe and install .314 and battery life has been great so far, getting around 1 1/2 to 2 days now.

Don't know why it seemed to help, but it did.
    10-31-09 07:40 AM
    so far my battery life is great on .314 this os has givin me no real problems.
    10-31-09 01:30 PM
    For me when i do 15-20 emails, 10-20 txts, a little brickbreaker, less than 10 calls, and a movie i get a day and a half. But if i dont watch movies than i get two days. And if i dont play brickbreaker and dont use the phone unless i get a text, call or email than about two and a half.
    10-31-09 01:45 PM
    Mine was bad after upgrading from .238. Was getting not even a day on moderate use. So I decided to wipe and install .314 and battery life has been great so far, getting around 1 1/2 to 2 days now.

Don't know why it seemed to help, but it did.
    Very strange, im on .238 and battery life is ok. I can use the bold a full day and in the evening im even on wifi. after a full day of use its on 50 perc.

10-31-09 04:18 PM
    i get around 15 hours with heavy BBM, facebook and ubertwitter use.
    10-31-09 04:46 PM
    its hard to tell with all the random reboots and hourglass nonsense. .314 is crap just for that but i still have yet to downgrade. i took the time and did the media card fix and it improved a lil..i only get 8-10 reboots a day instead of 8-10 an hour. and if you chime in with "wow mine NEVER does that, its perfect!!" read around you are in the 1% lol.
    10-31-09 07:08 PM
    Wow mine NEVer does that . Either does my roommates.

10-31-09 07:13 PM
    The crappy part about .314 is the random reboots. Sometimes it will never do that, but sometimes it does it every 10 minutes. Once it starts the stupid loops, my battery is as good as dead.

I just usually wait out the reboots and then it works. But it seems to happen more at home (very bad 3G signal there).

Since I can practically charge this thing wherever I go for the next little while, I am not too too worried but can't wait until the fix comes.
    10-31-09 08:20 PM
    My battery life is fine on 314 if I don't reset my device. However if I do a battery pull, the battery can drain 20%, and it only takes a minute or so to load up. Quickest boot time ever so far, but not sure about why it drains the battery so much.

My battery life is great. I can last maybe a day and a half of pretty intense use. If I reset my phone though, my battery will drop close to 25%.
    10-31-09 09:28 PM
    well,314 battery life seems not so awesome.. but the worst thing is, u get restart for around 10-15 times a day! that make me sick! halfway typing on your bb, and it restart by itself. i downgraded to .297 at&t. work fine.

10-31-09 11:44 PM
    i upgraded to 314 then found i got 4.4 hours out of my battery, and i dont use the handset that much, however never had issues with other os's 5 so maybe a glitch, ut i took it off and back down to official os
    I had the same issue. Uninstalling of SIM_Phonebook or something with similar name solved this problem!
    11-01-09 04:37 AM
    Lol. Mine sucks but that's cause my backlight is prolly only off 10% of the time my bb is on me since I use it so much and I've also got google latitude and weatherbug constantly sending/receiving all day and as soon as its supported ill have skydeck again. I miss skydeck.

11-01-09 05:33 AM
    314 loses track of battery level if I do a battery pull reset. A 100% charged Bold will go to 20% after a battery pull.

-- Robert.
    11-01-09 05:38 AM
    Must admit that now downgrading back to official Orange UK OS (4.303). Battery life terrible 4 hours to battery warning this morning, no wi-fi, screen brightness 30% dimming after 20secs. Love most of the OS5 features and how it looks, but with the battery warnings and the repeated memory low warning messages, official OS is the way to go.
    11-01-09 06:36 AM
    Its a niiiice
    I am getting up to 4 hours, and that's with a shamefully high bluetooth connected amount of talk time. Browsing, and emailing/ instant messaging.

11-01-09 07:28 AM
    I was getting 4-5 hours, first OS I've had battery issues so I went back to .238, now get almost 2 days of light/moderate use.

11-01-09 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD