Hey All,

So we put the new mobile site header into the forums and the new mobile template up at http://m.crackberry.com. We still have a few kinks to workout with linkage and getting all the auto-redirects working properly as they should. Couple issues we need to dig into a bit, so might not be perfect immediately but will get it sorted soon. Think we're still much better off than we were before though.

If you find any glitches/bugs/etc, be sure to report them here. We'll get on them!

Thanks for the patience,

Kevin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 11:12 PM
    OK, so we're not quite pushing the mobile site fully live yet.. have to work out some kinks with caching/auto-redirects.

So the mobile forums will have the new header though, and you can click around to the other sections from there and things should work properly. We're just going to leave the old m.crackberry homepage up though till we get it working properly.

10-30-09 11:38 PM
    There's been an issue for the past week Kevin, and I thought it was just me. Spent the whole week talking to PhotoBucket tech support about it, and now I know for sure, after a wipe, and confirmation with another member, it's the WAP forum. We can see others posted images, and our own when we post, but a return to the post, and all you have is a blue box. Seems to be mostly with gif, but not exclusively. I'll start a thread here about it too.

10-31-09 08:59 AM
    I have not been able to access the mobile site since the end of last week. Any suggestions?

11-02-09 12:24 PM
    Here you go:

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

11-02-09 12:33 PM
    New buggy. When I unsubscribe from a thread, with the old site I could continue to post on it, and stay unsubscribed. Now, each subsiquent post results in reactivation of the subscription. If there were the same controls from WAP on subscriptions there are on PC, this wouldn't be an issue.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

11-02-09 03:43 PM
    Here's a new one for me.
    I've been using OM 4.2 to view the full site for months. This morning, directed OM browser using the same old bookmark to CB user CP. Clicked on the blogs link, but it redirected me to the mobile view. Selected 'Exit Mobile View' from the bottom of the page. But, instead of redirecting me to the full site, it sent me to 'Leave A Comment' for the blog post I was on. when I pressed 'Exit Mobile View a 2nd time, it worked.

To confirm something was up, I logged out and deleted cookies in OM and native browser. When I used my OM bookmark, same redirect issues happened again.

One more thing.
    On wap view of CB blog page, you have the banner, main article, and then headlines for subsequent articles.
    The mobile page I was being directed to with OM did not have the headlines for subsequent articles. Instead it had page number links, like this:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next.
    Hopefully that's not intentional. The headlines for subsequent articles is a better format IMO.

11-04-09 05:33 AM
    (Using OM 4.2 again)
    Just to check, I went from CB main page, (used banner links as before), to forums. Then went to blog page and all was well.

Went to HoFo, used bookmark to go back to my subscribed cb threads, went to blog page again, and now it's fine.

11-04-09 05:52 AM
    On both the new site and the old site whenever I click on blackberry accessories thread I am redirected to the full version site

11-05-09 08:38 PM
    What's with the constant logouts on the sap forums?

11-05-09 11:27 PM
    Not a bug, bug a design issue. Can you put a left margin on the thread/topic view? As well on the thread content?

Sometimes a topic title or link posted in a thread is only a few chars in length, and Storm users can have a difficult time trying to click the link. Not a big issue with the native browser since you have a pointer, but in Opera Mini it's tough.

Looks more pleasing too if there were a margin.

11-06-09 01:16 AM
    Here's a strange one, though nothing critical. The post count is one less on WAP, so if you tell someone to look at a #, it can be confusing. The linkback works either way though, so at least the generated # behind the scenes is correct.

11-08-09 11:19 AM
    wap site on opera mini is terrible. on medium font, everything is broken up. site looks worse if switched to small font.

I'll stick to BB Browser for now. I really wished it was tweaked on Opera Mini 4
    11-08-09 11:22 AM
    I'm still getting a bad redirect occasionally. Usually when trying to go to the mobile view of the blogs, it sends me to the full site.
    Last instance was 30 minutes ago, selected blog tab while in wap user cp.

11-24-09 06:30 AM
    Does anyone even care? Bugs are reported and go unchanged.

11-24-09 07:03 AM
    I have seen a few threads where 8330 users trying to access the full site get just a white screen. (Happens to me too). I have to go to the mobile site,then forums to sign on and scroll down to 'return to default view' before I can load the full site. There is a member who has the same issue when using twitter links, link to that thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cra...t-open-371434/, so instead of redirecting to the mobile or going to the requested full side the 8330 user is getting just a white screen with the page name displayed as if it loaded.
    11-24-09 07:59 AM
    Here's a strange one, though nothing critical. The post count is one less on WAP, so if you tell someone to look at a #, it can be confusing. The linkback works either way though, so at least the generated # behind the scenes is correct.

You are seeing 2 different numbers. One number is replies in the thread(original post doesn't count as a reply) the other number is the post count of the thread.
    11-26-09 10:48 PM
    Yes, a friend and I had a length discussion about it over the last two days. It would be nice if the same #'s were tracked across the board.

WAPers do it With A Passion

11-26-09 10:59 PM
    I used the CB launcher, signed in, and went to my subscribed threads. I wanted to check out a new post in one thread I'm subscribed to (3G Bold Theme) and clicked the link. I ended up getting the HTML version, not the mobile version, and it showed I was not signed in. Then I tried to download the updated theme OTA and got HTTP 500 error.
    11-29-09 11:46 PM
    This is what I get when I hit the blog button now from WAP.

WAPers do it With A Passion

11-30-09 09:54 AM
    I'm still getting a bad redirect occasionally. Usually when trying to go to the mobile view of the blogs, it sends me to the full site.
    Last instance was 30 minutes ago, selected blog tab while in wap user cp.

The redirect NEVER works for me, BUT this might be one of those redirect issues Kevin spoke of being worked on. I'm hoping when the beta site goes fully live it will work.
    11-30-09 11:46 AM
    I'm hoping when the beta site goes fully live it will work.
    Any idea on when the site goes "fully live"?
    12-04-09 01:26 PM
    I cannot see any previous Blog posts when I click in them I get 404

12-09-09 09:42 PM
    Any idea on when the site goes "fully live"?
    Are we live now? I fired up my launcher and it went right to the new site.

BTW, still looking forward to having the Twitter links take you to the mobile site and not the full site.

And BTW some more, I still think the new mobile site lags a bit performance wise compared to the older one. I like the interface/layout of the new site, but I prefer the performance of the old site.

The old site, if I fired it up, would load quite quick. The new site takes about 20 seconds to load for me (and I have a full/strong signal where I am right now)......
    12-10-09 08:12 AM
    i dono if its just me but i cant find the CB launcher to download to my new tour =x i looked all over.. i dono if its just the new site or what not. If any one could help me =o . I just put the 5.0 os on it jw
    12-10-09 11:46 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD