I currently have ATT and TMo new pricing is very attractive.

Here are my questions:

1. I travel coast to coast and need reliable coverage - both voice and data. I am sometimes in small cities and have always had a signal with ATT. How does TMo coverage compare to ATT?

2. Wife has an iPhone and loves it. (Browser Junkie). What phone would be best for her?

3. How is the GPS with TMo vs. ATT/Telenav?

TIA.
    10-30-09 03:30 PM
    Where T-Mobile doesn't have coverage you can roam off of some AT&T towers or use UMA where WIFI is available. There coverage area almost as big as AT&T, but unlike AT&T, you'l have less dropped calls with minimal bars. As far as a phone for your wife, the MyTouch, G1, Behold2, or Cliq would be an upgrade to the iPhone. I've never had GPS, so I just use Google Maps instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 05:50 PM
    t-mobile's biggest advantage is the UMA calling via any wifi which is unlimited for $10/month. if u dont have the unlimited plan the talk time comes out of your regular minutes. in terms of coverage, t-mobile covers all the major cities. it jumps off to at&t roaming in the rural areas. t-mobile also focuses most of their coverage on the interstate highways. so your covered if you drive a lot. again call quality is much better with t-mobile because their calls are more stable. in terms of phones the G1, G2 and the upcoming cliq are comparable to the iphone (even though i personally prefer the iphone). then again iphones can be unlocked and used on the tmobile network. in terms of gps, i use the blackberry maps feature on my curve and i'm really not familiar with the gps capability on the other phones.
    10-30-09 06:17 PM
    Everything said so far is right on. As Nzbmaster99 and K Bear stated, the uma calling is a great feature allowing you to use any wifi connection as a cell phone tower. I don't use the gps feature either because I use a Garmin, but in reference to a phone with a good browser, I would recommend the yet to be released HTC HD2. It's scheduled to be available early 1st quarter 2010 (by all accounts I've heard, on T-Mobile) if you (or your wife) wouldn't mind waiting a little for its release. It pretty much beats the iPhone in every specification area, and it looks amazing. Take a look at this Youtube video I found to see the comparisons.

10-30-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD