View Poll Results: Are you experiencing issues with the Escape key when phone is placed on flat surface?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am experiencing this issue.

122 59.22%
  • I am not experiencing this issue. Thank God!

84 40.78%
    Ok everyone I know this has been touched on a little bit within a few threads I read, but I want to make it more apparently clear to see if this is an os or hardware issue.

When holding the phone all click points work perfectly, even the send, BB, Escape and End keys.

Now when I lay my phone down an a flat surface the escape button will work once and then no more. If the screen goes out or press the lock button then I can press it again, but only one time. If I pick the phone up all is good and it works flawlessly, but once I lay it done again, I get one press of the button and then bam it won't work.

Now the interesting thing is that I have another Storm2 (Made in Canada) for work that does not have this issue, but my personal Storm2 (Made in Hungary) is the one I am experiencing this issue with.

Also, if you could enter where your device was manufactured. This info is available both under the battery and on the box. Maybe we can narrow it down to whether it's a build issue or not.

Any ideas Crackberry Nation?
    Last edited by casperkaroff; 10-30-09 at 10:54 PM.
    10-30-09 01:52 PM
    I occasionally have this problem with the phone on a flat surface. The non-clicking escape key is intermittent though, and it occurs on both my Storm2's. It's got to be a software issue. Hopefully it will be cleared up in the next OS update. It doesn't bother me that much now though.
    10-30-09 01:57 PM
    Im not having any of those issues at all. If you think its defective than take it back and ask to see some other ones and choose the one that works like you want.
    10-30-09 01:59 PM
    if you havent expierenced this issue then you havent tried it lol , because its there for i believe all devices..... go fold a towel in half, set your storm on it and then try to cick the button the screen wont click in certain spots.
    10-30-09 02:02 PM
    I get it here and there with the escape key even when i'm holding the phone but it's not a huge issue but it can be annoying.
    10-30-09 02:04 PM
    When are you really going to need to use the escape key (or any key for that matter) while your phone is laying on a folded towel? Laying flat on a table is one thing, but a towel � really?

if you havent expierenced this issue then you havent tried it lol , because its there for i believe all devices..... go fold a towel in half, set your storm on it and then try to cick the button the screen wont click in certain spots.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 02:10 PM
    When are you really going to need to use the escape key (or any key for that matter) while your phone is laying on a folded towel? Laying flat on a table is one thing, but a towel � really?

maybe he means put the towel so you won't scratch the phone or something
    10-30-09 02:39 PM
    You know what would happen if you told that to a doctor? He'd tell you not to place your Storm on a folded towel. <g>
    10-30-09 02:41 PM
    I was referring to like a table, couch or bed, but dang... a folded towel?!?!
    Last edited by casperkaroff; 10-30-09 at 03:41 PM.
    10-30-09 03:34 PM
    intermittent...but its with all the buttons at the bottom not just the esc key.
    10-30-09 03:41 PM
    i have been having the same problem when its flar or in my car mount.

Not a big problem in my eyes.

My handset is made in Hungary too. Never thought it would be made there.
    10-30-09 04:27 PM
    i have been having the same problem when its flar or in my car mount.

Not a big problem in my eyes.

My handset is made in Hungary too. Never thought it would be made there.
    10-30-09 04:29 PM
    My back button tends to stop working when i hold it in my hand. Its becomes unclickable.. it last for a few seconds.. anyone have this problem?
    10-30-09 04:32 PM
    So.. Do we think that this is a software or hardware issue?
    10-30-09 06:07 PM
    I've read in other threads about that key problem and I am unable to recreate it. I got this storm made in Mexico as well and its working flawlessly
    10-30-09 06:16 PM
    Software problem.
    10-30-09 07:02 PM
    The Storm 1 also has problems when lying on a flat surface. The screen would not register every click. Guess it carried over.
    10-30-09 07:34 PM
    Same problem here. OS updates will fix the problem.

10-30-09 07:50 PM
    Also, if you could enter where your device was manufactured. This info is available both under the battery and on the box. Maybe we can narrow it down to whether it's a build issue or not.
    10-30-09 10:55 PM
    I've been having similar problems with my escape key. It drives me nuts. It seems like it will just stop working (when its set down or otherwise) and it won't work again until I push somewhere else on the screen, or lock and unlock it. Its almost like the screen is locking in place...but only for the escape key.
    10-30-09 11:05 PM
    I've been having similar problems with my escape key. It drives me nuts. It seems like it will just stop working (when its set down or otherwise) and it won't work again until I push somewhere else on the screen, or lock and unlock it. Its almost like the screen is locking in place...but only for the escape key.
    Where was your device manufactured?
    10-30-09 11:07 PM
    Im thinking its user error. If you notice when its laying on a flat surface and you press the space in between the buttons the screen does nothing. No click at all, but when you actually move your finger over one of the buttons then it will work. There are sensors under the 4 buttons and no sensors in between the buttons.
    10-30-09 11:11 PM
    My unit is having that problem as well. Mine doesn't like to work when placed on any surface. The escape key just doesn't press in. Pick it up and it works flawlessly. Manufacture code HUNGARY 3.

10-30-09 11:23 PM
    My unit is having that problem as well. Mine doesn't like to work when placed on any surface. The escape key just doesn't press in. Pick it up and it works flawlessly. Manufacture code HUNGARY 3.

does any area where the buttons are click when you place it on a flat surface?
    10-30-09 11:34 PM
    I'm using a Mexican build yet there are times my back button won't register... Not a big deal but just pointing it out.

10-31-09 12:15 AM
178 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD