ok, try this, if you lay your Storm2 down and pick the top up about a quarter of an inch and drop it back down, does your phone reboot?

mine does, every time.

is there something wrong with my phone or is this with ALL storm2?
    10-30-09 09:21 AM
    Hey was just at the VZW store checking out the Storm 2 and when I put it back down on it's stand, it rebooted. Hardware issue. I would bring it right back to VZW and exchange it now while you can. You have 30 days before you have to start with the mailing it in thing
    10-30-09 09:24 AM
    Nope neither of mine do it. Is your battery in tight?
    ok, try this, if you lay your Storm2 down and pick the top up about a quarter of an inch and drop it back down, does your phone reboot?

mine does, every time.

Mine does not, even with my KFC greese fingers.
    Hey was just at the VZW store checking out the Storm 2 and when I put it back down on it's stand, it rebooted. Hardware issue. I would bring it right back to VZW and exchange it now while you can. You have 30 days before you have to start with the mailing it in thing
    I have never had to mail a phone for warranty issues with Verizon.
    Mine doesnt do that. Seems like a bad unit. I would take it back.
    10-30-09 09:26 AM
    My Storm1 did this, but it taught me to be very careful with it. No problems with the Storm2 yet.
    10-30-09 09:27 AM
    Nope neither of mine do it. Is your battery in tight?
    ok, odd, I just pulled the backoff made sure the battery was tight, it was (did not pull it out) and then carefully put the back back on. I made sure the top was nice and snug and then i snapped the bottom in.

now I can drop the whole unit from an inch above my desk and it doesnt reboot.

I will keep my eye on it.
    10-30-09 09:31 AM
    Mine does not, even with my KFC greese fingers.
    LOL awesome!
    10-30-09 09:32 AM
    Nope, mine seems fine, and it's found the floor from a couple feet already (I tend to be a little rough on phones!)...

I have, however, noticed twice that it rebooted for no reason ... but I have not found a consistency with it as of yet.
    10-30-09 09:43 AM
    ok I just did a small drop on my desk and it rebooted again.

grrrrr. now I have to take it back to a verizon store, get a new pin, etc what a fraking pain! i have already been waiting for 3 days to get my pin changed on the store here, and it still hasnt been changed, now i have to go through the whole thing again! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr not happy.
    10-30-09 10:25 AM
    trying a different battery, i have a few batteries from my storm1 when i was having screen issues.
    10-30-09 10:30 AM
    Thought it was a problem, I have a bad feeling we'll see more of this - to be fair, I do like the phone, I'm already ALMOST as fast typing email and txt messages. HATE the browser... but of course comparing to android and iPhone... to be expected - does everything a BB should and does it well. EXCEPT the Rebooting. UGH.

Didn't bother with the Storm, opted for a Curve. Instantly hooked. I'm confident they'll work this out though. And only SLIGHTLY miss the Curve.

I'll continue to tweet on this though until resolved: CMS REVIEWS (cmsreviews) on Twitter
    10-30-09 06:18 PM
    Same here. had Storm 2 for 3 days. has rebooted 4 times so far just from setting it back on the table after use. Going back to Verizon today.
    11-01-09 07:05 AM

mine does, every time.

I can't get this to work at all.
    11-01-09 08:50 AM
    anyone else having this problem...ive had mine since day one and this last week its started doing the same thing....reboots when i set it down on a table. i hate to get another because i just put a phantom skin on it
    11-25-09 07:23 AM
    I started a thread over at Hofo for this issue - Verizon replaced mine without question. New one is rock solid
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Post here if your Storm 2 is easily rebooted by mild bumping
    11-25-09 08:05 AM
    well i played with the battery some and now its not rebooting...weird
    11-25-09 08:38 AM
    well i played with the battery some and now its not rebooting...weird
    I've been having the same problem and found that re-situating the battery solves my problem as well. Temporarialy. I read in another thread somewhere that a user performed a wipe and restore and the problem went away for a while as well. I haven't tried this yet, so I cannot verify. I desparately do not want to return my phone and have to set up a new one again, so I hope a solution is found soon.
    11-25-09 11:54 AM
    Tech said my issue may have been the actual battery.
    11-25-09 12:41 PM
    So as an update - I replaced my original Storm 2 and the new one shows no signs of the re-boot problem for almost 3 weeks now. I treat it exactly like I did my curve (somewhat rough - the occasional small throw to the desk / small drop to the desk etc.)

Yes, I had the other one for about a week, and yes it was unpleasant transferring/setting up the new one, but if your device is rebooting all the time (SNORE) it's not worth keeping.

One other note, I noticed (and this could be just me) a definite increase in response to screen orientation changes, and download speeds of OTA installations as well. The new unit is SOLID!
    11-26-09 10:34 AM
    hey i had the same problem... i had my phone for not even 3 days and i noticed that with every little bump my phone rebooted... so i called vzw and they told me to take it to the store... and they switched it and my new device is perfect.... its a hardware issue
    11-26-09 11:01 AM
    It started giving this problem after several months of owning my two devices (sets).
    got them replaced by Sprint by paying $53 for each.
    the new sets were also rebooting with sligh hit or bump.
    was upset and decided to take phone to the sprint store after talking to customer support.

Just open the back and pop out the battery. inserted the base of the batter to make contact to metal pins. on the other end of the battery placed small piece of napkin so pressed down to snap the bettery properly back.
    snapped in the cover and truned on the phone.

This solved my problem.

now even after dropping my phone on sofa from 1 foot it did not restart.

The issue is with loose pins. because the batteries can not be of different dimensions.

hope it solves the problems for others as well.

other alternative is to replace the set itself.

-johndpaul
    04-03-13 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD