Those who don't have auto notify on, it was just updated for 5.0 in the Crackberry App Store. Testing now...

...seems to be working just dandy!
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 10-30-09 at 01:23 AM. Reason: edit
    10-30-09 01:14 AM
    Working smoothly.

Thanks for the quick update, ani!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 01:42 AM
    Thank you!
    10-30-09 06:31 AM
    Upgrades to 2.5 and seems to be working on .328.

But I just got a notice saying 2.6 is available. When I try to download, it says I need "Empower Central v1.6". What the heck is that??
    10-30-09 07:58 AM
    Upgrades to 2.5 and seems to be working on .328.

But I just got a notice saying 2.6 is available. When I try to download, it says I need "Empower Central v1.6". What the heck is that??
    No idea, and I don't like being made to dl something I might not want on my BB
    I just sent a support request mail to the developer asking about it.
    10-30-09 08:08 AM
    Empower central appears to be an application that manages Empower applications. It lists your Empower apps and has places for support of product, licensing, and options. It alos provides links to other Empower applications.

I installed it with 2.6 version. I am not sure why they included it. My version of 2.5 seemed to work well.
    10-30-09 08:27 AM
    I didnt even get the option to download stoptilt without installing that empower app. Will stoptilt not work correctly if i delete empower app?
    10-30-09 08:57 AM
    I didnt even get the option to download stoptilt without installing that empower app. Will stoptilt not work correctly if i delete empower app?
    Correct, it WILL NOT WORK without the empower app. But with it, it works perfectly and now persists accross resets. Sweet.
    10-30-09 09:00 AM
    Thanks for the info, upgrading/installing now.
    10-30-09 09:19 AM
    Seriously? $6.95 plus an extra app to advertise more apps?
    I'll stick with 2.5
    10-30-09 09:41 AM
    Correct, it WILL NOT WORK without the empower app. But with it, it works perfectly and now persists accross resets. Sweet.
    Guys I don't get what youre saying, the 2.2.1.14 version worked across resets just fine.
    There's no changelog to show what's new in 2.6, so I just have the feeling that it's a way to get us to install spam
    Unless of course the developer would like to jump in here and tell us what's going on.
    10-30-09 02:01 PM
    I went ahead and updated again to 2.6, but I am confused. What is the difference? The ddeveloper said UI improvements, but how do you improve the UI on something that is only a menu option? Should have just satuck with 2.5 I guess and saved the space of the extra app(?) That goes with 2.6. But it is working so that's good news!

10-30-09 02:01 PM
    just wish there was a way to lock the lock screen to portrait.
    10-30-09 02:21 PM
    For whatever app you want to lock just go to the BB Menu and with the phone in Portrait select Disable Auto Rotation.
    Note that it won't work on several 3rd party apps, but it works on all BB native apps.
    10-30-09 02:25 PM
    For whatever app you want to lock just go to the BB Menu and with the phone in Portrait select Disable Auto Rotation.
    Note that it won't work on several 3rd party apps, but it works on all BB native apps.
    i know how to use the app. but wen you lock the phone you can not press the BB button to get the menu because,,, well, the phone is locked.

you see i want the lock screen to stop rotation.
    10-30-09 02:28 PM
    I used this app religiously until the new 5.0. Honestly, my rotation does not get in the way of anything now so it doesn't bug me changing aspects on the phone. Glad I at least have the option to re-download if I need.
    10-30-09 03:11 PM
    I'm with you on that. My StormSlider background looks pretty weird in landscape...lol!
    10-30-09 03:47 PM
    I'm with you on that. My StormSlider background looks pretty weird in landscape...lol!
    Running new stormslider (4.5.2) and stoptilt (2.5.0.14) running on OS .323. If I press the lock button at the main menu (which stoptilt has disabled rotation on) and hold the device in landscape the device will lock, the lock screen is landscape momentarily before stormslider kicks in and stays put portrait.
    10-30-09 06:36 PM
    Just in case anyone cares, here's the reply from Empower:
    "Thank you for writing to us. Empower Central is the base library that handles dynamic-licensing, device transfer and device-based support for all Empower apps. That means, irrespective of how many empower apps you have, the licensing and device based support is all handled by just one library.

Going forward, we plan to enhance user-experience by providing optional backup of user-settings in Central. So when you switch devices, you just have to install Central on your new device and everything else will be taken care of automatically by the system. Your apps will get registered on new device as well and can be migrated with the same options as on your previous device.

Thanks & Regards,
    Team Empower"

My reply:
    Ok, so from what I understand to be able to install any free upgrades for an app that I have paid full price for and that does not require a serial number I have to install another app (of undisclosed size)?
    It seems that the recent 2.6 upgrade was only put up to make people have to dl Empower Central, is there any new funcionality included in this update?
    Gentlemen, I understand that you want to make management easier in the future but I think installing a new app should not be mandatory.
    You're basically telling me that unless I add Empower Central app I won't be able to upgrade StopTilt in the future, my upgrade should be able to work whether I have Empower Central or not.
    I'm not happy with this.
    Douglas
    10-31-09 07:23 AM
    I wish I didn't update this app from v2.5 to v2.6 because you MUST install Empower Central app (bullsh*t app) to have StopTilt to work.
    10-31-09 05:42 PM
    I agree, this additional Empower module sounds bogus and is outrageous - I dumped StopTilt after 2.6 and reverted to Tilt Lock which is a feature of QuickLaunch. I can put up with having to lock the tilt after a reboot since I only use the app on the homescreen anyways. In addition, I was having uncaught exception errors with StopTilt on .328, so I found no justification for keeping. It was good while it lasted and I got my $5 worth out of it.
    10-31-09 06:22 PM
    Who cares? For me, the Empower App won't bother me any because I had to have this in order for their threaded SMS app to work. So once I know the threaded SMS app works in 5.0, and also having StopTilt installed, Empower Central won't be a big deal because it will be managing more than 1 app.

The Empower Central app is small and not worth complaining over.
    10-31-09 08:05 PM
    I just took StopTilt off my storm. My screen would tear about every 4 hours and I would have to do a battery pull. I am only guessing that StopTilt was the culprit and have no hard evidence to back it up.

Has this happened with anybody else? I have quicklaunch. Has their disable rotation been good for anybody besides the fact that it does not retain settings? I only stop the home screen from rotating anyways.
    10-31-09 11:42 PM
    I just took StopTilt off my storm. My screen would tear about every 4 hours and I would have to do a battery pull. I am only guessing that StopTilt was the culprit and have no hard evidence to back it up.

Has this happened with anybody else? I have quicklaunch. Has their disable rotation been good for anybody besides the fact that it does not retain settings? I only stop the home screen from rotating anyways.
    What do you mean by "tear?"

I haven't had any issues at all with StopTilt. I was using the QuickLaunch feature to disable rotation before the update of StopTilt, but I'd always forget to turn it back on after a restart and that would annoy me...lol! I know, not a big deal, but I like consistency and I figured since I had already paid for ST and it was now updated, I may as well use it. Anyway, the QuickLaunch tilt lock works fine aside from not retaining settings.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 11-01-09 at 01:30 AM. Reason: edit
    11-01-09 01:28 AM
    by tearing screen, i mean that display becomes distorted and will not get back to normal without a physical battery pull. The phone is unusable when the screen tears. I don't have a problem with it not retaining settings as i only reset my phone for application install/delete, os upgrades, & issues. 5.0 has been pretty good memory wise, so i don't use quickpull daily anymore.

11-01-09 06:52 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD