on my bold my led light was very bright..especially using berrybuzz....but on the storm 2 the light is not as bright..with or without berrybuzz..every color is not as bright as the bold...is this normal or do i have a defective led?
    10-30-09 12:33 AM
    Mines fine.
    10-30-09 12:53 AM
    Dull here too.
    10-30-09 12:54 AM
    Mines fine.
    when u say mines fine..i assume you have a bold also and you compared it and your storm 2 is as bright as your bold?
    10-30-09 01:12 AM
    Have you went into the options screen/keyboard and turned it up to 100? I think by default it's set to 60%.

Like laptops the brightness consumes more energy when turned all the way up.
    10-30-09 02:40 AM
    Have you went into the options screen/keyboard and turned it up to 100? I think by default it's set to 60%.

Like laptops the brightness consumes more energy when turned all the way up.
    i was talking about the led indicator light .. not the screen
    10-30-09 03:02 AM
    I just compared my Storm to Storm2 and the led on Storm2 is definitely not as bright.
    10-30-09 03:11 AM
    I just compared my Storm to Storm2 and the led on Storm2 is definitely not as bright.
    cool thk you....guess mine is fine..you made me feel better..i was going to exchange it
    10-30-09 03:24 AM
    If you look real close when the led blinks you can see like some kind of film over it. Not really sure how to explain it...
    10-30-09 03:40 AM
    If you look real close when the led blinks you can see like some kind of film over it. Not really sure how to explain it...
    ok i wasnt going to say anything about that but i see the film or whatever it is..i cant describe it also...wrinkly lines???
    10-30-09 04:15 AM
    ok i wasnt going to say anything about that but i see the film or whatever it is..i cant describe it also...wrinkly lines???
    Yeah kinda like swirls/wrinkly lines? I dunno lol
    10-30-09 04:22 AM
    i heard they moved the led to the side of the "window" so colors can mix better that wou.ld seem true by looking at mine.
    10-30-09 06:58 AM
    Mine isnt as bright as my S1, but the new phone makes up for it.
    10-30-09 08:07 AM
    Maybe they done it becuase people were annoyed of how bright the LED was.
    I admit, I am a little... the signal notifier is love and hate with me, I like the fact I can quicky see whether I'm getting radio signal when browsing the web, without having to close the web broswer...but its also pretty annoying having the green led flash so brightly in my eyes...
    10-30-09 09:37 AM
    Probably a diffuser. Distributes the light output more evenly and increases the viewing angle while minimizing glare (so when the led goes off, it isn't like having someone fire a laser-pointer into the corner of your eye).
    10-30-09 09:45 AM
    if you look at the led from the right side its brighter. Look inside the hole and you can see the led is in there to the left and actually faces right. I noticed it too and was going to go to the store to look at their floor model. Glad it wasn't just me.
    11-01-09 01:36 PM
    Have you guys noticed that the led blinks rapidly, but very dim, when in-call. Never saw that happen on the 9530..
    Last edited by emanbroc; 11-01-09 at 01:54 PM.
    11-01-09 01:48 PM
    Mine was also dim and the light is moved slightly to the side of the window. I paid for the Berry Buzz app for about $5.00 and they have choices that offer brighter settings. It's definitely an improvement and a cool app! Got the bright blue going...nice.
    08-26-10 11:30 AM
    I have had two Storm2's and both were much duller than my Pearl or 8830. I think the difference is that the LED is offset to the left, making it only really bright when viewing at an angle from the right side of the phoner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 03:29 PM
    Have you guys noticed that the led blinks rapidly, but very dim, when in-call. Never saw that happen on the 9530..
    I have noticed this too.

08-26-10 03:30 PM
    It's no a film if you take off the top section of the phone,you see that they frosted the window, I made the mistake of trying to take the "film off" resulting in the window being scratched!

I'm thinking about modifying the ear peice, to make the l.e.d window bigger. kind of scared to do it dont want to mess it up, being there is a copper strip on the ear peice for some reason.
    08-26-10 05:57 PM
    The LED is moved to the left of the window to allow for a proximity sensor also. This locks the screen when it is against your face so it dosen't inadvertently hang up on you. The flashing LED when you are on a call indicates it's working. The Storm1 did not have this, a third party app "Pattern Lock" had a setting to lock the screen after a called was received. That is why you do not see the blinking LED on the 9530.

08-26-10 06:56 PM
    I was wondering why they moved the LED to the left.

I like it. Its not as eye straining when the LED is blinking straight at you. Plus, when I have my Storm2 on my desk, the LED is brighter at that angle so I can notice it better when I get a VM, SMS, Call, or other notifications.
    08-27-10 01:03 AM
    I like the bright leds on my curve and pearl.

Shame the storm doesn't have it.

Not a problem.

Device still rocks.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-27-10 04:08 PM
    The LED is moved to the left of the window to allow for a proximity sensor also. This locks the screen when it is against your face so it dosen't inadvertently hang up on you. The flashing LED when you are on a call indicates it's working. The Storm1 did not have this, a third party app "Pattern Lock" had a setting to lock the screen after a called was received. That is why you do not see the blinking LED on the 9530.

I dunno bout that my screen does not lock when the phone is up to my face. I feel and hear my screen clicking. Not to mention when I go to end a call all sorts of weird pages are on my display including a contacts profile in my address book .

08-27-10 06:25 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD