I got my S2 in the mail today about 2:00. It took me about 30 minutes to get used to the surepress input method (never used it before).

The phone absolutely rocks. The only issue I am having is if I push to far in the corner of the TALK button, I get no response from the screen. I can live with that as I just learned to push the middle of the button

Yeah my WiFi doesn't work for BBM or email, but it's already been diagnosed as to why and looke like we have to sit and wait for the provisioning to be fixed.

Other than that......this phone is amazing!!! First touch screen and I'm loving it. I type way way way faster on this thing than I did on my Bold.

Sorry for all you guys unhappy with it. I guess there will always be people unhappy with devices.
    10-29-09 11:39 PM
    Ditto! I gotta agree with you- I type faster on the Storm 2 than any other blackberry I ever had. I found when I first started using it (coming from the original Storm) I was trying to push too hard actually. But I caught on fast and am rocking it now!
    10-29-09 11:42 PM
    same issue with green talk button........ i just kept working n it and it seems to work fine now........ and this phone is awesome.......some people just can't be satisfied.....
    10-29-09 11:47 PM
    Yeah my WiFi doesn't work for BBM or email, but it's already been diagnosed as to why and looke like we have to sit and wait for the provisioning to be fixed
    Dude don't sit and wait on that. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. The more people that call and harass them about it the faster they will find that check box to activate it.

Don't take this as me bashing the phone at all. I love my blackberry's.(yes I have more than one.)
    10-29-09 11:48 PM
    Dude don't sit and wait on that. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. The more people that call and harass them about it the faster they will find that check box to activate it.

Don't take this as me bashing the phone at all. I love my blackberry's.(yes I have more than one.)
    I'm not going to waste my time complaining, lol. I don't ever use the WiFi, so it doesn't matter to me. I'll let you guys hang out all day on the phone though and see what they come up with. I'm sure it's just a provisioning issue that can be fixed with a Service Book update.

edit: Yeah, my green button is getting better as I use it more too.
    10-29-09 11:56 PM
    Picky people and probably trolls that don't even have the phone. The same people who cried blasphemy when their Storm 1 got a piece of lint under the corner of the screen.
    10-29-09 11:59 PM
    I'm not going to waste my time complaining, lol. I don't ever use the WiFi, so it doesn't matter to me. I'll let you guys hang out all day on the phone though and see what they come up with. I'm sure it's just a provisioning issue that can be fixed with a Service Book update.

edit: Yeah, my green button is getting better as I use it more too.
    RIM is working the problem, I assure you. I just spent an hour on the phone with them creating debugging logs of the issue for their engineers to review.
    10-29-09 11:59 PM
    RIM is working the problem, I assure you. I just spent an hour on the phone with them creating debugging logs of the issue for their engineers to review.
    Well, we all thank you for taking the time. I'd buy ya a beer if I could!
    10-30-09 12:00 AM
    I was so exited about the Storm2, it seemed perfect! But a lot of people are complaining.
    10-30-09 12:03 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that while your typing, if you hit the letter key too hard(or holding it maybe too long) it capitilizes the letter automatically.

I have seen my letter look like this -> like i waS saYing it juSt capitiliZes them.

Just curious?

msblueline
    10-30-09 12:03 AM
    Picky people and probably trolls that don't even have the phone. The same people who cried blasphemy when their Storm 1 got a piece of lint under the corner of the screen.
    Seriously. I cant wait for the Droid to come out so these people will stop posting here about it
    10-30-09 12:04 AM
    I'm getting the hang of the surepress screen, and I don't need to press as hard as i was either, in a matter of time you get the hang of it and start typing really fast, I'm loving it now!
    10-30-09 12:04 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that while your typing, if you hit the letter key too hard(or holding it maybe too long) it capitilizes the letter automatically.

I have seen my letter look like this -> like i waS saYing it juSt capitiliZes them.

Just curious?

msblueline
    You need to adjust your keyrate. That is a feature in the OS but your keyrate controls how fast it happens.
    10-30-09 12:07 AM
    I'm getting the hang of the surepress screen, and I don't need to press as hard as i was either, in a matter of time you get the hang of it and start typing really fast, I'm loving it now!
    this screen is really nice. So much easier and much faster to type on.
    10-30-09 12:12 AM
    i cant wait for the droid to come out either GODDDDDD a whole freaking week????????????

first 3 storms i had ruined my relationship for/with the storm2
    10-30-09 12:30 AM
    i cant wait for the droid to come out either GODDDDDD a whole freaking week????????????

first 3 storms i had ruined my relationship for/with the storm2
    storm1 with os .328 is light years ahead of .148 and storm2 is awesome right out of the gate. So if the storm2 is this good now just wait a few months for them to improve it even more.
    10-30-09 12:48 AM
    storm1 with os .328 is light years ahead of .148 and storm2 is awesome right out of the gate. So if the storm2 is this good now just wait a few months for them to improve it even more.
    Can't wait to see what's ahead. Just looking to see this WiFi problem get fixed first tho.
    10-30-09 12:51 AM
    Try pushing the bottom icon keys slightly above and center of each icon, that seems to work for me every time.
    10-30-09 01:36 AM
    I got my S2 in the mail today about 2:00. It took me about 30 minutes to get used to the surepress input method (never used it before).

The phone absolutely rocks. The only issue I am having is if I push to far in the corner of the TALK button, I get no response from the screen. I can live with that as I just learned to push the middle of the button

Yeah my WiFi doesn't work for BBM or email, but it's already been diagnosed as to why and looke like we have to sit and wait for the provisioning to be fixed.

Other than that......this phone is amazing!!! First touch screen and I'm loving it. I type way way way faster on this thing than I did on my Bold.

Sorry for all you guys unhappy with it. I guess there will always be people unhappy with devices.

he works for verizon lol jp!
    10-30-09 01:44 AM
    he works for verizon lol jp!
    If he worked for Verizon he would be promoting the Droid
    10-30-09 03:08 AM
    Better? Sure. Light years? Not even close. More like light weeks!
    10-30-09 03:25 AM
    I have to say that I love my Storm2 as well. Yeah the wifi isn't working but its such a battery killer so I just turned it off.

My bottom keys work great. My only gripe is the battery cover. Mine is so hard to get off (to me) but my husband can get it off with no problems.

I also notice that I type faster or just as fast as I would on a phone with a physical keyboard. I loved my 8900 though. Oh and my multi-touch works great too.

Overall I'd give the phone a 9/10 because there are some issues that have been mentioned numerous times that need to be worked out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 05:59 AM
    I have to say that I love my Storm2 as well. Yeah the wifi isn't working but its such a battery killer so I just turned it off.

My bottom keys work great. My only gripe is the battery cover. Mine is so hard to get off (to me) but my husband can get it off with no problems.

I also notice that I type faster or just as fast as I would on a phone with a physical keyboard. I loved my 8900 though. Oh and my multi-touch works great too.

Overall I'd give the phone a 9/10 because there are some issues that have been mentioned numerous times that need to be worked out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree. I have a hard time with the battery cover too. I would like to have the wifi working for email and BBM and will call Verizon to report this but it's not something I need right away.

I would give the phone 9/10 too...The typing is like night and day compared to the Storm 1.
    10-30-09 06:30 AM
    My WiFi seems to be working fine. I have both my home and work set up. I got into work this morning and figured I would have to hit connect and I looked and it was already connected--yes white not grey.

I agree coming from the Storm 9530 I adjusted very quickly to the different feel of this screen.

Overall no issues and definitely enjoying the Storm 2.
    10-30-09 06:49 AM
    Hey is anyone getting any lag while typing? I saw another guy complain about a lag while typing and multitasking. Any ideas?
    10-30-09 06:50 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD