I need honest opinions. My contract is up in February...thanks guys/gals
    10-29-09 10:11 PM
    I've been a long time BB user and I've owned the storm1 since the first day it was released.

I think the storm2 is so worth it.
    10-29-09 10:15 PM
    I've been a long time BB user and I've owned the storm1 since the first day it was released.

x2 My storm broke 3 months ago and I waited 3 months vs fixing my old phone for the storm 2. The storm 2 is exactly what I expected when I bought the storm 1 and I was very let down by the storm 1, the storm 2 on the other hand is just how I wanted it and then some.
    10-29-09 10:19 PM
    the storm 2 is very much worth it.
    10-29-09 10:20 PM

me too...plus i sold my storm1 for enough money to pay for my storm2 so yea it was worth it
    10-29-09 10:25 PM
    I had the storm 1 for about a month before I upgraded to the S2. I thought 4.7 was alright but needed improvements. I then upgraded to .323 and loved it a lot more. Now I have the S2 and it is much better. My expectations were high and it does exactly what I want it to do.

Pros:
    More responsive, no axis lag
    Seems to be quicker with running apps
    wifi is really fast, plus I can now use it on campus where classrooms block out my phone signal
    16gb card plus more app memory
    much more responsive screen

Cons:
    I have to buy a new case as the S2 doesn't fit quite right in my my S1 case
    Not all apps/themes work yet, this will be fixed in time
    Some issues with wifi/gps, easy fixes if you search CB

Overall:
    If you are a techie and have to have the newest things then go for it. If you really liked 5.0 on the S1 then more than likely you will enjoy the S2. Its no iphone but it does everything I could ask of it, quickly and without glitches. No need for batt pulls in my experience. Love it.
    storm 2 rocks. everything works great RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX no fixes for screen tighten this loosen that stick this where?!!! its a great device just wish wifi worked like it was ment to be .
    Sounds like it's unanimous.
    I'm getting this baby!
    10-29-09 10:30 PM
    The storm two rocks! The storm one was ok but it had too many probs. This phone is what the storm one should have been, but wasnt. I suggest u upgrade to the storm two pronto lol yes its that awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 10:34 PM
    I have had the S1 since the first day I got it. I am so happy that I got the S2. So worth it! And I love seeing 120MB app memory free. lol
    10-29-09 10:35 PM
    Yes, yes, and YES! This phone is great! Texting alone i feel like im moving alot faster and have fewer errors that happen due to the phones issues, now i just have to get my thumbs to move where i want them to lol
    10-29-09 10:36 PM
    storm 2 rocks. everything works great RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX no fixes for screen tighten this loosen that stick this where?!!! its a great device just wish wifi worked like it was ment to be .
    What do you mean? What is wrong with the WiFi?

(Waiting for my Storm 2 tomorrow. Have a Storm 1 since day 1 last year.)
    10-29-09 10:38 PM

(Waiting for my Storm 2 tomorrow. Have a Storm 1 since day 1 last year.)
    Some people are having issues getting the wifi to connect.

It will be fixed in the next OS update though I'm sure of it
    10-29-09 10:38 PM
    Screen alone is worth it. Its nice. Also had the 9530 on release day and the wait for the S2 was SOOO worth it. Im glad I didnt give up on the touch screen BB
    10-29-09 10:39 PM
    I received my new storm 2 I couldn't wait for it. It was a big let down.
    The keys are sticky my media card has a fatal error and I keep hitting the keys below when I typ this is going to take some getting use to. I will give it a week or so then if it doesn't work I will be taking it back.
    also has anyone notice some app. don't work very well?????:
    10-29-09 10:40 PM
    This is just my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt as all opinions should be.

I went into Verizon expecting to love the Storm 2 and get it on the spot. The most important thing to me was typing on it because that is the biggest issue I have with the Storm 1. I downloaded aim onto the phone at the store and chatted with my friends on aim for almost an hour. Yes the screen is much more responsive, took much less pressure to press, but honestly it felt very much just like the same phone. I barely typed any faster if any at all. This may be to due to the fact that I type on portrait with suretype. I was really hoping that this phone would be great, but I will be waiting for the Essex or going back to a Tour.

I only wanted to post this because this thread seem very one sided right now. Before I buy any phones, I always go into the store to check it out first. I feel like this is what everyone should do instead of asking for opinions.
    10-29-09 10:49 PM
    Yes. Hands down a better experience in every way. No more memory running out (pre 5.0, I didn't really get any after the update). The best part to me is it really feels like typing on a physical qwerty to me, yet you still get a huge screen.
    10-29-09 10:53 PM
    yes it is totally worth it to upgrade. Ive had the storm1 since January and really didnt have any issues with it but the storm 2 is just a better built device. Not to mention the wifi and app memory and the screen.
    10-30-09 01:34 AM
    The WiFi is having issues if the BIS isn't connecting right. You can do a search of the CB forums to find the full instructions on the fix, but basically you need to login to your BIS email setup & logout, then back in to establish a full connection (if I read it right)...

I'm taking back my Tour on Friday evening to get an S2, so you know where I stand!!!

-GNRPowdeR
    10-30-09 02:31 AM
    I had the S1 since it came out. Two weeks ago someone stole my S1 so last Tuesday I got myself S2.

I am loving it and like everyone else says this how the Storm 1 should've been. I'm hearing the new OS update makes everything hella faster but I couldn't tell ya since mines got jacked.

I'm still shocked how much faster it is! You don't realize it until you use it. It's like damn I've been wasting my life waiting for the damn thing (Storm 1).

Pick it up. if you don't like it. you always got 30 days to return it.
    10-30-09 02:39 AM
    I came from the Tour and I loved my Tour but always wanted a Storm. I didn't buy the first one cause of all the issues I kept hearing about. I definitely like the Storm2 it is a sweet phone. The screen seems to stick here and there and some apps are having some difficulty but it is a new release...do you expect anything less? All in all I really like it and I'm gonna keep my Tour just in case. Anyone know how to do a reboot without taking the battery out though?... cause QUickpull definitely is not compatible with this Storm...made my phone freak out.
    10-30-09 06:57 AM

I owned the storm 1 from the start also (last November) the storm 2 is so much better ...so far
    10-30-09 07:00 AM
    I came from the Tour and I loved my Tour but always wanted a Storm. I didn't buy the first one cause of all the issues I kept hearing about. I definitely like the Storm2 it is a sweet phone. The screen seems to stick here and there and some apps are having some difficulty but it is a new release...do you expect anything less? All in all I really like it and I'm gonna keep my Tour just in case. Anyone know how to do a reboot without taking the battery out though?... cause QUickpull definitely is not compatible with this Storm...made my phone freak out.
    Quick Pull pro only one compatible, cannot run weatherbug (Verizon says they are working on a software upgrade) Yankees.com not compatible anyone else have these problems/ solved???
    10-30-09 07:03 AM
    I got my Storm 2 yesterday and so far its awesome. My wifi is the only issue not connecting completely, but working on a fix for that. Some people have posted issues with Blackberry Maps not working, not an issue with mine. So far its everything I thought it would be. The new screen is great.

Update! My wifi is now working, guess RIM and VZW finally got things worked out. Now I have no complaints what so ever about my S2. All of my apps are working, downlaoded the Quickpull Beta and it works great. Maps and GPS work great. WiFi is so much better. This is a great phone. Few minor glitches, but thats to be expected with a brand new phone. All in all, you can't go wrong with an S2.
    Last edited by snake334; 10-30-09 at 08:58 AM. Reason: UPDATE!
    10-30-09 07:10 AM
    Yes, I love this phone so far.
    10-30-09 08:10 AM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD